Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

codo27 posted:

Why would the sharks have to be zombified?

*Umbrella's marketing exec makes jerk-off motion*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Just imagining opening the closet at the start of RE3 to see Jill's compete wardrobe

They say you stop developing your wardrobe around the time you peak as a person

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vakal posted:

The true bio weapon is the fact that apparently Jill never changes her clothes.

I like her going back to her old haircut because that sort of feels like, I dunno, reclaiming herself from being under Wesker's influence but you would think she had like a different pair of jeans and another color of tank top.

Reminded of the RE3 novelization by S.D. Perry that gave some funny justification for why Jill was wearing her original RE3 outfit that wasn't "going clubbing and suddenly zombies."

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Vanity, thy name is underwire

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHMnUeTRQl8

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I can't believe someone made that video and didn't include that dog

Edit: oh nevermind, literally the opening shot

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Just got out of Death Island in theaters (in Japan) a bit ago. I liked it! I dunno if it's a better film than Damnation (my favorite of the CG films) but it's as good, and a hell of a lot better than Vendetta. My expectations were "please at least be better than Vendetta" and they were met so I was happy.

That they got Roger Craig Smith (derp) Kevin Dorman and Matt Mercer back for this makes Village Chris sounding like Carlos even weirder in retrospect. (Japanese subbed so I could enjoy it as-is.)

The CG is still a little janky at times but the film-over-film improvement is definitely noticeable.
Very lavishly detailed.

Spoiler comments:

takes place between 6 and 7 in 2015. Chris brings up Piers briefly

Hunnigan appears as VO only

lmao Leon and destroying vehicles, name a more iconic duo

Leon being made of iron in the movies is even more ridiculous here seeing as how his bike gets wrecked at high speed ON THE HIGHWAY and he rolls out of it and gets up like he's only mildly inconvenienced

Leon continues to be the best quipper in the franchise

villain is ex-umbrella (RC extraction unit for bigwigs only) traumatized over having to shoot his infected friend. big villain speech is about how good and evil don't exist and calls out the heroes for being government pawns perpetuating a false cycle. while Jill has a gun pointed at him. granted Chris/Claire/Leon are infected and held in cells at this point and the last movie's villain's lackey (Maria, whose name I went to look up) are keeping her in check but he was really counting on her to not just shoot his rear end

the fight between Leon and Maria is over the top (Maria punches through part of a solid stone column at one point) but nowhere near as cracked out as Chris/Arias's gunkata whiff fest

last boss is a chonky boi, eats more rockets AND plasma strikes than every other boss in RE history combined

brief moment near the end where they tease "what if Rebecca turns heel?" but no, she's too nice for that

still no mention of the Family or any of the other nonsensical parts of 6. this is just a gut feeling but if they get all the way around to a remake of that they're planning on quietly retconning that whole stupid plot, or pretending it didn't happen if not

and the big one:

Jill gets set up for death flags right away but ultimately they don't pull the trigger, but I got nervous at the very end when it looked like if they were going to pull the trigger, it was right then

that having been said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jill in 9 after seeing this

Also jfc don't read the subreddit spoiler discussion thread. Bunch of people that can't turn their brains off ever and enjoy a popcorn flick for what it is.

Navaash fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jul 8, 2023

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Dawgstar posted:

Reminded of the RE3 novelization by S.D. Perry that gave some funny justification for why Jill was wearing her original RE3 outfit that wasn't "going clubbing and suddenly zombies."

The really funny bit is that it was for "quick movement", which is not something that outfit was particularly suited for.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSJFUvH4fNA

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

The John Wick one is good too.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6JYVdrVx08

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Reminds me very much of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwg1B0Kck44&t=158s

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Someone is trying to make their own version of the RE3 Remake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt6CoSzLt5g

I hope the crazy bastards the best of luck.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

"Awake for the last 72 hours" does seem like a realistic take for Jill, I'll allow it

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
is that the re1+2+3 mega jill mod back from the c&d dead

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Will devs ever learn that exposing their project too early just invites the C&D letter?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
You can get sued anyway for infringing copyrights. CnD at least serves only as a firm warning.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Vakal posted:

Someone is trying to make their own version of the RE3 Remake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt6CoSzLt5g

I hope the crazy bastards the best of luck.
They're a hero for including spiders.

SettingSun posted:

Will devs ever learn that exposing their project too early just invites the C&D letter?
You mean getting noticed by Capcom and invited to Japan to lead your own team to finish your game? Or at least invited to work on the next RE game.

But seriously, I feel like at least some of them are just doing it as a way to get exposure, or just clout among other fans, rather than actually thinking they can finish the game.

Captain Hygiene posted:

"Awake for the last 72 hours" does seem like a realistic take for Jill, I'll allow it
It's time for a game where the hero hallucinates, not because of any outside influence, but just because they're extremely tired.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
T-Minus ____ until project cancelled because making an entire whole rear end video game is basically an impossible task that has only occured so many times through cosmic luck.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

They're a hero for including spiders.

Sadly my arachnophobia means it's gonna be a big no for me

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

WaltherFeng posted:

You can get sued anyway for infringing copyrights. CnD at least serves only as a firm warning.

Couldn’t you just do this anonymously? How they gonna find ya?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

They got those mods combining the regions of the elder scrolls games. I want to be able to travel from the Spencer mansion to Raccoon City proper all within the same game, open world style.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Rumors are popping up that re9 is targeting a 2025 release date.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gjJ4ozkVmE

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
I wonder if we'll get any RE release in 2024 or if they'll finally take a break.

2017 - RE7
2019 - RE2R
2020 - RE3R
2021 - RE Village
2022 - Village DLC
2023 - RE4R

Maybe Revelations 3?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

I wonder if we'll get any RE release in 2024 or if they'll finally take a break.

2017 - RE7
2019 - RE2R
2020 - RE3R
2021 - RE Village
2022 - Village DLC
2023 - RE4R

Maybe Revelations 3?

We'll get Seperate Ways for sure if it doesn't come out later this year.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

RE is debatably Capcom's biggest damned franchise at this point (debatably because Monster Hunter exists; on the other hand MH isn't getting canon CG films). The break in 2018 was almost certainly because of the rampup in tooling/asset capture for the modern REmakes.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't something due out next year. Hot iron and all that. Last year only being SoR was probably the direct fallout of COVID screwing their work pipeline up.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
There was an article recently from that dude who wrote the unofficial history of the series book, that claimed that REmake 2 was meant to release in 2018 but development didn't go as smoothly as they'd hoped so it was delayed. Granted, it clearly paid off that the game got its time in the oven.

He has a full-on Resi-themed substack ahahahah: https://cvxfreak.substack.com/p/announcing-complete-global-saturation

Anyway, I expect *something* Resi-themed to come next year, even if it's just a chunky Remake 4 DLC.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I dunno what to think given the lack of announcements. On the one hand, they've had surprisingly short lead times between the announcements and release dates since the 2 remake. On the other hand, it looks like they pretty consistently like to do the announcements in June for releases fairly early the following year (3 remake excepted, but that had more of a mixed dev cycle with its relation to 2). So, who really knows.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I hope the long lead time for re9 means it's a big and meaty game. I felt like village had more potential and it was shorter than it could have been (doesn't help that two areas are much smaller than the other two)

Was village development impacted by covid? Can't have been that much since it was like, a early 2021 release?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
They've cancelled development on all RE titles and moved everyone over to a Code Veronica remake, after 90% of respondents in their recent survey asked them to make that game.

Tibbeh posted:

Sadly my arachnophobia means it's gonna be a big no for me
It'd be free exposure therapy.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Ineffiable posted:

Was village development impacted by covid? Can't have been that much since it was like, a early 2021 release?

I would be more surprised if it hadn't been impacted. There are a few seams in RE8 that make it look like it got edited significantly right before release, and any major AAA video game has a lot of tweaking and polishing going right up to release day.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Ineffiable posted:

I hope the long lead time for re9 means it's a big and meaty game. I felt like village had more potential and it was shorter than it could have been (doesn't help that two areas are much smaller than the other two)

I know I saw at least one video somewhere where it was confirmed that COVID had an impact on Village. I want to say it was a relatively official video that involved talking to some devs about it.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

A Buttery Pastry posted:

They've cancelled development on all RE titles and moved everyone over to a Code Veronica remake, after 90% of respondents in their recent survey asked them to make that game.

Unironically hope so

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

I'm going to start a petition that remake Steve should be voiced by any given member of the cast of "Letterkenny."

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Outside of the mainline games, the only thing I'd want more than that would be Revelations 3.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Wanderer posted:

I'm going to start a petition that remake Steve should be voiced by any given member of the cast of "Letterkenny."

He crashes the plane in Antarctica because he was out having a dart.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Wanderer posted:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

"Pump the brakes, big shoot. You saying Alfred and Alexia are the same person?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Disappointed by the lack of bemused Saddler on the codec to Leon, laughing every time Leon kills one of his minions. In fact, there's not a lot of Saddler in the game at all. He appears in the church early in the village and then not again until halfway through the Island.