Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Somberbrero posted:

I'm getting married today! Savahontas and I first met in VOTE1's Slenderman mini-Mafia in 2009. I wanted to honor that part of our relationship with a gift I received many moons ago from Little Mac. I feel in some ways indebted to the community for my present happiness, she doesn't play anymore but it is fun to read back through our cringey private messages here. Thank you, Mafia community.

Cpig came to my stream the other night to tell me about this and it made my night. Oh my gosh, you still have the shirt I got you?! And you wore it on your WEDDING DAY?! That's AMAZING.

Mazel tov, Somber. I hope you flip Lovers forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Cpig came to my stream the other night to tell me about this and it made my night. Oh my gosh, you still have the shirt I got you?! And you wore it on your WEDDING DAY?! That's AMAZING.

Mazel tov, Somber. I hope you flip Lovers forever.

:3:

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Not sure how many people follow this thread and not the stickied Recruiting Games thread, but just in case:

Come check some games looking for players this week!

(also heavily recommend both bookmarking it if you are interested on playing, and announcing your stuff there if you are modding)

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Cluedo Mafia ended in a TOWN victory with bonus Cluedo orthowin for Iggy Meen! Thank you for playing!

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011
A strangely vague feeling of mafia has ended in a Nightmare (scum) victory

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The Egyptian Job, a mostly normal mafia game only need 4 more people!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

join it i want to play

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

ONE MORE PERSON

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
Am I too late for introductions? I also played a mafia game (I'm dead now, but you can find it somewhere) so that means I have to retire again.

My posting handle is got some chores tonight, typically chores, formerly dongsbot 9000. I was name changed by Lowtax at some point. I had a cute little pig for an avatar but now it's mean and scary.

My first mafia game according to votefinder was Mafia, a mafia-themed game. I think this was a GBS game. The first TGR game was theoretically a CYOR musical game (I remember being Turandot), but I don't think that game finished. My first real game was Shine 1, where I burst onto the scene as an inflammatory, high-activity, aggressive case-pushing player that (I recall) was a throwback to older players at that time (I saw this whole old dickhead posters vs young sweet children that came up a few months ago, and I find it amusing I rejoined mafia at a time shortly after this was re-litigated when my presence brought a similar discussion when I first joined).

I left mafia for a couple of reasons, namely my personal life got busier and I was never going to play mafia as a low-activity lurker-type as a personality thing, and also, a significant chunk of players just plain didn't like me and how I played mafia.

My favourite mafia memory was when I real-life detected that two players knew each other irl through my excellent case making. They got married at some point (AR and Dawny). I also enjoyed reading posts and Discord messages along the way from people like Snooze, PMom, Taste, Ecco, and my eternal punching bag, Tobbs.

Upon reflection, I play mafia because I like being told I'm smart and being patted on the head for solving games. Honestly, I have a higher opinion of myself than of anyone else, so my internal head-pats are often adequate to sustain this ego-stroking monster.

I made a self-important retirement post last time I quit mafia and I'll do it again. When I join a mafia game, it becomes a major part of my life. I spend way more time on my phone, reading and re-reading posts, posting to pressure scum, coordinating in scumchat, etc. As a life update, when I started mafia, I was a medical student and now I'm a board-certified internist finishing up my nephrology fellowship. I have a two-year old son. I can't do mafia casually and thus, I can't do mafia at all.

See you on the other side of the posting wars. Never say never, maybe I'll be back (this retirement was apparently only three years!), but maybe not, and I leave you all with love in my heart.

Chores out.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

got some chores tonight posted:

Am I too late for introductions? I also played a mafia game (I'm dead now, but you can find it somewhere) so that means I have to retire again.

My posting handle is got some chores tonight, typically chores, formerly dongsbot 9000. I was name changed by Lowtax at some point. I had a cute little pig for an avatar but now it's mean and scary.

My first mafia game according to votefinder was Mafia, a mafia-themed game. I think this was a GBS game. The first TGR game was theoretically a CYOR musical game (I remember being Turandot), but I don't think that game finished. My first real game was Shine 1, where I burst onto the scene as an inflammatory, high-activity, aggressive case-pushing player that (I recall) was a throwback to older players at that time (I saw this whole old dickhead posters vs young sweet children that came up a few months ago, and I find it amusing I rejoined mafia at a time shortly after this was re-litigated when my presence brought a similar discussion when I first joined).

I left mafia for a couple of reasons, namely my personal life got busier and I was never going to play mafia as a low-activity lurker-type as a personality thing, and also, a significant chunk of players just plain didn't like me and how I played mafia.

My favourite mafia memory was when I real-life detected that two players knew each other irl through my excellent case making. They got married at some point (AR and Dawny). I also enjoyed reading posts and Discord messages along the way from people like Snooze, PMom, Taste, Ecco, and my eternal punching bag, Tobbs.

Upon reflection, I play mafia because I like being told I'm smart and being patted on the head for solving games. Honestly, I have a higher opinion of myself than of anyone else, so my internal head-pats are often adequate to sustain this ego-stroking monster.

I made a self-important retirement post last time I quit mafia and I'll do it again. When I join a mafia game, it becomes a major part of my life. I spend way more time on my phone, reading and re-reading posts, posting to pressure scum, coordinating in scumchat, etc. As a life update, when I started mafia, I was a medical student and now I'm a board-certified internist finishing up my nephrology fellowship. I have a two-year old son. I can't do mafia casually and thus, I can't do mafia at all.

See you on the other side of the posting wars. Never say never, maybe I'll be back (this retirement was apparently only three years!), but maybe not, and I leave you all with love in my heart.

Chores out.

Bye !

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Two year old son crew :hfive:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ive unretired

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

chaoslord posted:

Two year old son crew :hfive:

:hfive:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
yo there may be a little bit of votefinder downtime today as I pull some comically oversized levers and release great gouts of steam from quivering brass pipes or some poo poo

most of the stuff won't look any different but there'll be a temp fix up for games that are broken and there'll be a new place to enter your Discord username on your profile if you want! it doesn't show up anywhere else yet but

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
heckie heckie bo-beckie I somehow broke vf's ability to read posts

I will attend to this in the Morning I have a feeling I know what the issue is

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Requesting a replacement for Hunters in the Garden. It is day two.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Big Top Mafia has ended with a TOWN victory, with a self-aligned third party unable to secure their personal victory.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

got some chores tonight posted:

You once made a post in one of my games in this vein and I remember it was a really good post that made me laugh, however I had forgotten it existed until just now and don't remember any other details. Alas,

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Grandi, I need you to make a new cookfia, quickly

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Opopanax posted:

Grandi, I need you to give me a N0 vig for the new Cookfia so I can nip this in the bud.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Grandi, I need you to have a good day, because you deserve it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Grandi, Opop, I don't care who, I need that lasagna

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

I'm gonna be out of town the next two weekends, so I was going to put it up when I got back, but gently caress it, I can mod from a laptop.

Cookfia 8: Spice and Dice, a game for as many players as show up is now open for recruitment.

Cloacamazing! posted:

Grandi, I need you to give me a N0 vig for the new Cookfia so I can nip this in the bud.

No.

girl dick energy posted:

Grandi, I need you to have a good day, because you deserve it.

<3

Bifauxnen posted:

Grandi, Opop, I don't care who, I need that lasagna

IKR, an Opop recipe I might actually attempt and also can be the inspiration for people to make similar things and get points.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Excuse me my recipes are always a delight and can be made by anyone.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i have retired.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i have retired.

:patriot: thank you for your service

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i have retired.

Unretire soon

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't know where to ask this but I bet you nerds will know. Opop Jr is doing a camp this week where they design and make their own video games with some super basic coding. He finds it pretty interesting so I'm wondering where to start him on real coding, any suggestions for a good language that isn't overly complex but still pretty neat, and any suggestions on books I should get him?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

How old is Opop Jr.?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Opopanax posted:

I don't know where to ask this but I bet you nerds will know. Opop Jr is doing a camp this week where they design and make their own video games with some super basic coding. He finds it pretty interesting so I'm wondering where to start him on real coding, any suggestions for a good language that isn't overly complex but still pretty neat, and any suggestions on books I should get him?

I'm not a coding person but is Arduino an option? There were some pretty nifty build-your-own-robotic-thing kits with light programming involved for kids last time I checked.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

He's 11, and I've done a few kit things with him over the years he likes that stuff, but right now he's curious about actual coding and languages.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Opopanax posted:

He's 11, and I've done a few kit things with him over the years he likes that stuff, but right now he's curious about actual coding and languages.

Python is a pretty friendly place to start over say C or C++. This might be a pretty good place to start.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Opopanax posted:

My son is 11, he really enjoys making things in scratch, unless that’s too basic?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Scientastic posted:

My son is 11, he really enjoys making things in scratch, unless that’s too basic?

That's what they're using at the camp yeah. Neat system

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

When do we get to pawn off votefinder to him

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Opopanax posted:

What kit things? Little fly is six and just starting to get interested so I was looking into like a cool science kit to build circuits and maybe some basic logic gates and such so any recs are welcome.

His dream right now is to build a Lego robot that will flush the toilet so I am very invested in making this dream a reality.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Voodoofly posted:

What kit things? Little fly is six and just starting to get interested so I was looking into like a cool science kit to build circuits and maybe some basic logic gates and such so any recs are welcome.

His dream right now is to build a Lego robot that will flush the toilet so I am very invested in making this dream a reality.

There's all kinds at any toy or science store (if you guys are close to science world I'm sure the gift shop has some good stuff).

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Opopanax posted:

There's all kinds at any toy or science store (if you guys are close to science world I'm sure the gift shop has some good stuff).

Yeah that would be smart.

We have an annual pass and I think I’m so used to “no we aren’t exiting through the gift shop” I never even thought to look there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Opopanax posted:

That's what they're using at the camp yeah. Neat system

He says that the next step up is Python