Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The job didn't go as planned. There were Pinkertons disguised as waitstaff, one of your sneaks was spotted climbing though a window. Poor Leo never stood a chance. Things moved quickly after that: security stopped their poker game and started patrolling, escape routes were locked and barred. When the laborers started packing up the treasure display early, Captain Joyce called for the attack. It was a bloodbath. Cheesy went down to a lucky shot on the lawn. Eustace and Red didn't survive the firefight at the front door. A Pinkerton knifed Vergie when her back was turned, and Clay won't be waking up after that old Egyptian vase smashed him while he was loading the wagons. The frenchman the captain hired took a stray bullet during the police chase. Even when the train started pulling away to make good the escape, poor Maddie slipped as she kicked a copper loose, and fell under the wheels.

The mood is black as the night when you get off at the sprawling old textile mill. You were hoping to make it straight to the port and get this lot loaded and shipped back to the buyer in England, but the situation is too hot now. You and the other surviving Crows settle down in the darkness; no fire, no light, nothing that might tip off the police. The golden relics of ancient Egypt are stuffed in a dusty old storeroom; nobody can stand to look at the treasures that cost so many lives tonight. In silence, you each find some private corner to doze off. Maybe things will be better in the morning.

Game Rules
This is a slightly non-standard mafia game for 17 players. The setup has a couple unusual elements, but it's much closer to normal than it is role madness. It's probably fairly newbie friendly, but has a few complexities. Thanks to Capitalist Pig for sanity checking the setup!

Game days will be 48 hours with majority early hammer or plurality hammer at deadline, with longest standing plurality taking precedent in case of a tie. Executions can only be skipped via vote for No Execute. Nights will be up to 24 hours, ending early if all action are in and I'm available to resolve things.

This game does not feature any sanity, alignment changes, or other bastard mechanics.

Discord is required for this game.

Standard Mafia Rules:
-First and foremost, if your are uncomfortable for any reason, contact someone you trust.
-Don't be a jerk. Remember that this is a game.
-Don't edit your posts except for quick ninja spelling edits.
-Don't copy and paste or screenshot any private communications, including role pm, referee communications, or masonry posts.
-Don't post about the game outside of the thread or any masonries you might have access to.
-Don't post while dead.
-Don't post after hammer. If I don't close the thread immediately it's because I'm not available.
-Don't fake day actions. Don't post while a declared day action is unresolved.
-Please don't lurk. You're expected to make at least 10 posts per game day, though this is relaxed in case of very early hammers.

Players:
---1: saladscooper
---2: wins32767
---3: Hal Insandenza
---4: Potato Salad
---5: Squiggly
---6: hambeet
---7: Josef Stalinator
---8: Somberbrero
---9: t a s t e
---10: got some chores tonight
---11: Johnny Keats
---12: Sandwolf
---13: Tired Mortiz
---14: Tea Party Crasher
---15: Toalpaz
---16: Voodoofly
---17: Idle Amalgam

Jump to:
Day 1 Start
Day 2 Start
Day 3 Start
Day 4 Start

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
why do i always get the dirty jobs

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Can't commit to this right now but fool makes good games and I'm excited to observe.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

+1

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will play!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

This came highly recommended, and I can surely commit to ten posts every two days.

I'm a newbie if you'll have me!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’ll play

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Put me down as a tentative?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

You sonuvabitch, I’m in!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I died in another mafia so I'm in baybee

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

What should I read in preparation to be ready to play? I'm a mafia virgin.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

What should I read in preparation to be ready to play? I'm a mafia virgin.

There's an extensive op here that will give you the basics. I can also answer questions about your role and rules during the game itself.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Somberbrero posted:

Can't commit to this right now but fool makes good games and I'm excited to observe.

Hey actually I want to play.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

Hey actually I want to play.

Let's commit to a pre-game pact where we have our own special win condition

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

fool of sound posted:

There's an extensive op here that will give you the basics. I can also answer questions about your role and rules during the game itself.

m-m-Myyyyy post? (Shellception wrote it, I deserve 0 credit)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sure

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
lets maf

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Ok.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Oh yeah I did sign up

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
okay ill play literally every mafia game i guess

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tired Moritz posted:

okay ill play literally every mafia game i guess

A man after my own heart!!

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

I'm having a lot of fun in saladscooper's game so I'd love to join this one

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Fomo got me, I'm in.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Sand guilted me into joining a game. Is this the game that needs me?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoofly posted:

Sand guilted me into joining a game. Is this the game that needs me?

YEAH

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Alright plurality!

So “longest standing plurality”? Does that mean if I got to five votes, then sand got five, then sand got six, then sand went down to five, that I would be executed? I usually say “whoever would have been executed before the tie” so just want to know the rules to blindside someone with a cunning unvote at the last second.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Voodoofly posted:

Alright plurality!

So “longest standing plurality”? Does that mean if I got to five votes, then sand got five, then sand got six, then sand went down to five, that I would be executed? I usually say “whoever would have been executed before the tie” so just want to know the rules to blindside someone with a cunning unvote at the last second.

sand would be executed in that case, because your plurality would have been broken when they got the sixth vote.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

fool of sound posted:

sand would be executed in that case, because your plurality would have been broken when they got the sixth vote.

sounds good. time for plurality fuckery!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

fool of sound posted:

wtf

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Just one last job

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
It me. (Unless full)

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Add an 18th role and I'm in.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Yo

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Welp nevermind then

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

We're full, please report to the discord!

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 20, 2023

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
you three are now officially backups

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Speaking of, if I need to replace on day 1/2, I'll extend the deadline by 24 hours. I will not attempt replacements after the end of day 2.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Okay, I don't know why you would pass over my sign up post in favour of AI but I'll leave Keats and Squiggly to replace in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

Okay, I don't know why you would pass over my sign up post in favour of AI but I'll leave Keats and Squiggly to replace in.

I demand Toal, screw IA!!