Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Falling for that trick is like a rite of passage

i personally did new londo first and lost my poo poo when i got to the ghosts and found out i couldnt hit them. god i wish i could wipe my brain and play ds1 fresh again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I am spoiling the Forlorn Wolf Coat. Pray I don't spoil it further

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the first thing i did in dark souls is attack the crestfallen warrior and get spawn camped by him for an hour

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

the first thing i did in dark souls is attack the crestfallen warrior and get spawn camped by him for an hour

actually same but petrus, the spare change pissed me off

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
the first time i played dark souls i tried going through graveyard and just kept getting wrecked by the skeletons and i put it down thinking it was the worst game ever. randomly picked it up a month later and it immediately clicked and i was like oh actually its the best game ever im just retarded

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

Phil came like one hit short of doing this before he had discovered NPCs can do that.

I cleared the gargoyles then went down the catacombs and spend like three hours suicide running the necromancers and killed three of them before thinking “maybe I should see if that key I got unlocks the bridge door instead of this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first thing I did when I played Dark Souls was to consult the Wiki and follow the step by step guide for optimal DPS and all the boss tricks.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

I made my guy a wanderer because I like wandering around

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

The first thing I did when I played Dark Souls was to consult the Wiki and follow the step by step guide for optimal DPS and all the boss tricks.

Post the BKH gargoyle vid where you two shot them but mysteriously have a bloodstain in the background

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

I made my guy a wanderer because I like wandering around

good call. i miss bootin up a souls and being like, "oh poo poo what's over there"

i'm pretty close to blind on ds3...and it's installed

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

DS3 is the best souls game brother

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

1 is imo the coolest and most exciting because it was the first one i played but 3 has the best levels, bosses, nd mechanics

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fungah! posted:

1 is imo the coolest and most exciting because it was the first one i played but 3 has the best levels, bosses, nd mechanics

Exactly. I don't have the same feelings for 1, though I kind of feel like that about demons despite playing it last. However 3 is undeniably where everything is at its best gameplay wise

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have the love for 2 that everyone has for 1 because it was my first lol. im just too spoiled by being able to roll in any direction while locked on

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i have very fond memories of pvp in 2 even though there was a lot of bullshit at higher levels, something like between levels 50-75 was a real sweet spot

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

i have the love for 2 that everyone has for 1 because it was my first lol. im just too spoiled by being able to roll in any direction while locked on

2 was my first as well. i still think it's a cool game and playing 1 w/o teleports was weird!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think it's really impressive how 1 is interconnected but by the end or even midpoint it starts to get tiring running back and forth imo. I'm glad they kept teleporting in everything since.

Larry Parrish posted:

I think it's the worst one but it's very unfairly maligned and I still had a good time playing it. IMO it has the most distinct identity outside of demons souls and Majula is great. Also powerstancing ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Demons was my first. I spent 7 hours I think trying to beat the first level lol. I remember my first bleary eyed obsessive session at 3am getting killed by the boulder trap and I just fell asleep on the couch white knuckle pissed about it

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

bees x1000 posted:

ok, sorry, I thought it was fairly benign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXfy910oCiY

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pretty sure every time I've released the boulders the first one has hit me

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i still get nailed by the boulder in th tutorial zone of ds1 like 50% of the time

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

i have very fond memories of pvp in 2 even though there was a lot of bullshit at higher levels, something like between levels 50-75 was a real sweet spot

2 was almost the best for invasions because you could be invaded while hollow but the motherfuckers didnt put a uncracked red eye orb in the game

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i tihnk the original dark souls 1 had my pvp because you would get so much hate mail for invading people as a blue phantom lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Pretty sure every time I've released the boulders the first one has hit me

lol same

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

scary ghost dog posted:

2 was almost the best for invasions because you could be invaded while hollow but the motherfuckers didnt put a uncracked red eye orb in the game

you can buy them in NG+ but its still a lovely system because you cant just use ascetics to unlock them for some reason lol. dark souls 2 is really close to having the best multiplayer experiance out of the three games imo but soul memory and having to duel for orbs to invade just drag it down. the bell towers and rat covenant still owned though and i wish elden ring had something like that

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

I've never played a Souls game before but started Dark Souls last night. Fun to come to it totally blind and just let the game immerse me. Died a bunch in the tutorial area while I was trying to get a hang of things and then made it out. Pumped to play again but in-laws are coming to visit today for a couple weeks which isn't conducive to gaming

hell yeah, it rocks. enjoy

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you can buy them in NG+ but its still a lovely system because you cant just use ascetics to unlock them for some reason lol. dark souls 2 is really close to having the best multiplayer experiance out of the three games imo but soul memory and having to duel for orbs to invade just drag it down. the bell towers and rat covenant still owned though and i wish elden ring had something like that

bell tower ftmfw. sad that the ds3 versions weren't quite as good but they pwned too. i hope elden ring dlc adds something like it using the new toggle system.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

a Loving Dog posted:

the first time i played dark souls i tried going through graveyard and just kept getting wrecked by the skeletons and i put it down thinking it was the worst game ever. randomly picked it up a month later and it immediately clicked and i was like oh actually its the best game ever im just retarded

I did the same thing, I didn't even notice the other path was there the first time

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

a Loving Dog posted:

PvP in release week was incredibly fun, the game isn't great overall but I'll always have really fond memories of that. Your first "day 1" Souls game is special imo, when nobody knows what's going on or what's in store, especially with all the weird poo poo in 2

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im at the point where im forcing myself to not turn on my Xbox because ill end up playing elden ring and i want to forget as much as possible for when the eventual dlc comes out lol.

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
replayed DS3 and bloodborne recently, decided to go back to the original for a replay. feels like home. i enjoy not having fast travel and having to plan my route. also i guess i'm upgrading my weapons more efficiently this time around, cause my +7 Zwei absolutely steamrolled the depths. Dark Souls rocks

i've died way more to hollows and rats than black knights and other hard enemies

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Dark Souls III is still $60 on steam

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.
https://clips.twitch.tv/RepleteDifferentBurritoMoreCowbell-ng3LpABXrIpaOEcX

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lol