Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I definitely have some buyers remorse, there aren't many places I'd wear the bikini shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Welp. Venture Bro merch has always been intentionally 'bad', but man those are some uninspired shirts. Follow That Bikini is up there w/ the pin-up Dr. Venture in terms of "everyone is going to assume you're a creep".

Shame too, as Doc is a brilliant designer.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

2/4

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
we've all got shirts that ya throw on when you have absolutely no plans to leave your house.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I want the venture logo shirt, wonder if they will ever make more of those.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

we've all got shirts that ya throw on when you have absolutely no plans to leave your house.

Yeah but I didn't pay for any of those lmao

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I will wear them all, and wear them proud. In company and out, inside and outside. Anyone who will not is a coward.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The Follow That Bikini shirt would work fine for women, but yeah. If I saw a dude wearing one and didn't know what was up, the first question I'd ask is "I wonder what that's from," and the second would be "and why doesn't this guy realize how creepy it makes him look."

Even intuiting that it was probably a reference to something wouldn't stop me from thinking his lack of awareness makes him questionably dangerous.

Doesn't really rise to the level of the dude I saw at GeekGirlCon wearing an "Orgasm donor" t-shirt, but it still ain't great.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
eh it's goofy but whatever i like supporting them

please re-release the Guild shirt, please!

i'd love if they also put out the villain mentoring shirt so i could get it for my son one for the fun of it but hey, i'll take what they offer

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
There are for sure a couple of all-timer classic designs and they are leaving money on the table by not re-issuing them, even with a slight color change or something like that.

The bikini one is for sure, uh, staying mint and unworn.

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW
The brown-on-brown "Dean!" shirt is an all-time classic.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It being an homage to some fangirl's homemade con shirt means I'll always agree with you even if there are other shirts that I think are technically better.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

4 Hank is the best, follow that bikini is going to be a smoking shirt where it's nice but if I get an ash hole whatever. The other 2 are still wearable in public

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

The best shirt they ever did was either SPANIKOPITA! or the NOW IN EXTRA GLORIOUS COLOR one.

DEAN! is definitely up there tho. Kind of bummed the hank one doesn't have HANK! under it.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I just want a Quizboy and the Pink Pilgrim shirt. I'll eat as many pennies as it takes.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I enjoy saying SPANIKOPITA! like that in a crowd and seeing who reacts

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

LividLiquid posted:

The Follow That Bikini shirt would work fine for women, but yeah.

Yeah, if I were a dude I'd have second thoughts. I got some earrings it's gonna match great with, tho.

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

I always wished I had a t shirt of the Nozzle with no text.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Still have my OSI, TechniColor, ARGH, Guild of 13 shirt and I all I got was this stupid shirt for attending the guild of calamtious intent shirt.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

They’re all good but I don’t love the Jefferson Twilight one. Bikini isn’t bad but may raise questions or cause assumptions I don’t care for when worn out and about.

E;fb

Warbird fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Aug 13, 2023

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I just found out that Baba Oje actually died in 2018, eight years after Operation P.R.O.M.

I thought he was still kicking. :rip:

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
OK Comboomer posted a rip of Kablam! in the PYF 90s nostalgia thread and it reminded me that Action League Now! was hitting some PG-rated Venture Bros-esque notes back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd8JpvRB3hs&t=510s

I feel like it holds up ok just based on that first skit, but that might just be nostalgia poison

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I just found out the brazilian wandering spider’s toxin can cause priapism after seeing an article that a grocer had to close because of an infested banana shipment.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mr. Nice! posted:

I just found out the brazilian wandering spider’s toxin can cause priapism after seeing an article that a grocer had to close because of an infested banana shipment.

Not just priapism, but potentially short- or long-term impotence, in *addition* to extreme pain because it's a neurotoxin. Just like widow bites, it's probably not going to kill a grown adult, but you might *wish* you were dead.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Randallteal posted:

OK Comboomer posted a rip of Kablam! in the PYF 90s nostalgia thread and it reminded me that Action League Now! was hitting some PG-rated Venture Bros-esque notes back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd8JpvRB3hs&t=510s

I feel like it holds up ok just based on that first skit, but that might just be nostalgia poison

Action League Now! holds a special place in my heart because virtually every voice was a Pittsburgh radio personality. Literally everyone listened to WDVE's morning show in the 90s and most of the ALN male characters were the hosts of that show.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm late to the party, but a constant Venture Bros stream from Adult Swim popped up on my Youtube so I checked out the movie. It's a very solid sendoff to the show and answered all the major questions, so I certainly can't complain. There's also some tidbits that you can definitely infer about without the show outright saying it, which I appreciated.

Probably my favorite little tidbit that's so in keeping with the spirit of the show is that of course the Ventech building lands perfectly aligned in the ruins of the old Venture compound. Like 100% perfect alignment with the roadway there. That just tickled me immensely and is so in the spirit of this fine show.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Finished the rewatch and caught the movie. It was a pretty fantastic send-off but definitely could've done more with a full season's hours. Maybe there's hope one day.

Everybody landed in a good spot to either conclude or continue. Upon rewatch it really confirms how much it sucks just how much things had come together right before the plug got pulled.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

tarlibone posted:

Something just occurred to me, and forgive me if someone else noted this.

Dermott shows up in this movie, and he's living on what is left of the Venture Compound. According to him, he's guarding it for the OSI, but he has no real gun? He had one in "The Inamorata Consequence." It looks like maybe he's no longer in OSI, but maybe he is and they're just messing with him? At any rate, here's what I just put together: he's a true Venture, and truly his father's son. Think about it: he's living in the decaying Venture compound, sustaining himself by selling off the old superscience and Venture mementos--basically, whatever old junk he could grab that wasn't destroyed by time or the fire. It's the final evolution of what Rusty was doing before JJ died. That's... I mean, that's just so Doc. Like father, like son. Imagine what kind of a life he'd have lived with just a little bit of that radiant baboon blood.

I just figured

he's still on the books and the payroll as an OSI agent because of the strings Rusty pulled, but he couldn't hack it. So they basically Invader Zim'd him, giving him an assignment that doesn't matter and only paying attention when forced to by him calling in about something inane.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Adder Moray posted:

I just figured

he's still on the books and the payroll as an OSI agent because of the strings Rusty pulled, but he couldn't hack it. So they basically Invader Zim'd him, giving him an assignment that doesn't matter and only paying attention when forced to by him calling in about something inane.

He's a Venture alright

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oof. I was so excited for those shirts, the disappointment is hovering somewhere around the 'crushing ' level.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I like them, except for Follow That Bikini, which would require entirely too much explaining to wear in public. Would’ve much rather had an Arch shirt, or hell if any of the designs from those four shirts that sold out in three hours last month were included.

But it sucks that ostensibly the last t-shirt club isn’t a slam dunk for everyone like some previous years.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
so let me ask this

has this show's unavoidable death become the stuff of legend?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I’m genuinely baffled because this reveal follows the exact same pattern as every previous shirt club: maybe one or two very desirable, a few more wearable in public without any self consciousness, a few that are just weird and maybe one that is super questionable to the point you don’t even want to wear it in public

Like you’re not going to tell me “follow that bikini” is worse than the Dr. Mrs. The Monarch centerfold one from 2016

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
The Dr. Girlfriend with the black and white circle is my favorite.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
What’s with these floppy rear end dolls??

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
YouTube is live-streaming The Venture Bros. It might just be the Premium service, or it might not.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Kesper North posted:

so let me ask this

has this show's unavoidable death become the stuff of legend?

Without a doubt

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Without a doubt

We must stand against this clear commination!

tarlibone posted:

YouTube is live-streaming The Venture Bros. It might just be the Premium service, or it might not.

it's not!!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Guy A. Person posted:

I’m genuinely baffled because this reveal follows the exact same pattern as every previous shirt club: maybe one or two very desirable, a few more wearable in public without any self consciousness, a few that are just weird and maybe one that is super questionable to the point you don’t even want to wear it in public

Like you’re not going to tell me “follow that bikini” is worse than the Dr. Mrs. The Monarch centerfold one from 2016

At least you could wear a Dr Mrs The Monarch shirt to comicon and not feel out of place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

QuarkJets posted:

At least you could wear a Dr Mrs The Monarch shirt to comicon and not feel out of place

god drat you didn’t have to go this hard