Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Ok Comboomer posted:

I was literally thinking about JSS as I was posting

Her most recent BG3 vid was an all timer too! Especially for the turn lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Kazinsal posted:

I hope it was "PLEASE BAN ME YOU BOOTLICKING THUGS" level funny.

checkmate, woke moralists

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

It always sucks to see an old timer go, but yeah, they were not appreciative of that probation. I'm not willing to talk about PMs I've received, but if anyone has any feedback on that probe or the perma (as requested) that followed, my PMs are open.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I kinda think that posting the 'apology' video and then forgetting to de-monetize it when everyone and their mom calls them out on the carpet about it, tells you all you need to know about LTT.

Also, posting videos, then having glaring logical flaws in those same videos, then never admitting to those mistakes even when they're clearly pointed out by others, and leaving the videos in their original inaccurate state forever, like it's kind of some loving gospel, really shows off what a narcissist Linus is.

When he bitched about spending $500 to retest a product, I just thought that was the height of absurdity after how he showed off his spanking brand new groverhaus that he was able to buy using YTbux that his testing videos brought in..

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 19, 2023

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Local news is now covering l’affaire Linus: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/linus-tech-tips-youtube-controversy-1.6940087?cmp=rss

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
oh no not the weird freak incel who was upset the uppity women were complaining!! i cant believe they requested a perma... cancel culture is really running amok....

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Lol that a conviction is someone’s standard for if harassment is real. How does that even make sense.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

priznat posted:

Lol that a conviction is someone’s standard for if harassment is real. How does that even make sense.

Incels gonna incel.

And just like his hero Linus, he didn't know when to stop digging.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Lady Radia posted:

oh no not the weird freak incel who was upset the uppity women were complaining!! i cant believe they requested a perma... cancel culture is really running amok....

Just make sure at a minimum you are running Microsoft Defender on your PC. That will scan for, and remove, the Woke Mind Virus if it's detected on your PC.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

priznat posted:

It makes sense if you just hate women, from what people have said about that goon's posting history

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

British Columbia section of the CBC is way more than local news. That might well have been above the fold if there hadn't been wildfires.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Dogwood Fleet posted:

British Columbia section of the CBC is way more than local news. That might well have been above the fold if there hadn't been wildfires.

Yeah very true, province wide at least and may appear on the national site even.

The little local papers would probably be on linus’ side hoping he leases or buys more warehouse space in langley lol

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Lady Radia posted:

Wait, really?! loving hell.

Good riddance to bad.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

priznat posted:

Yeah very true, province wide at least and may appear on the national site even.

The little local papers would probably be on linus’ side hoping he leases or buys more warehouse space in langley lol

Is LTT headquartered in Langley? That's only about a 15 minute drive for me. I can drive past their place shouting "LOG OFF, LINUS" at the building.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Is LTT headquartered in Langley? That's only about a 15 minute drive for me. I can drive past their place shouting "LOG OFF, LINUS" at the building.

It's in that weird limbo between Surrey and Langley, iirc.

Conveniently it's also a 15 minute drive for me, so we can meet up at LTT and shout LOG OFF LINUS then go for a pint! :eng101:

e: Google Maps says 188th and 52nd or thereabouts.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

EngineerJoe posted:

Yes, absolutely the right call.

It was the right call but I wanted to watch the train wreck of Linus lmao

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Now that this saga has gained national traction it qualifies for one of the nation's most prestigious forms of remembrance

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

Now that this saga has gained national traction it qualifies for one of the nation's most prestigious forms of remembrance

The Cancellation of National Hero Linus Sebastian by The Coward Justin Trudeau

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Kazinsal posted:

It's in that weird limbo between Surrey and Langley, iirc.

Conveniently it's also a 15 minute drive for me, so we can meet up at LTT and shout LOG OFF LINUS then go for a pint! :eng101:

e: Google Maps says 188th and 52nd or thereabouts.

I'm game.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

That was refreshingly free from the "both sides are equally valid" school of journalism that a lot of American media follows (not that Canadian broadcasting probably isn't equally as bad for that).

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

grack posted:

I'm game.

Next WAN show.
"However you feel about my L's, you have to admit having people show up to my place of business to harass me over it is going to far." - Linus
Luke stares over at Linus.
"I think those two were just doing a bit" - Luke
Close-up on Linus and his barely held rage.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Binary Badger posted:

I kinda think that posting the 'apology' video and then forgetting to de-monetize it when everyone and their mom calls them out on the carpet about it, tells you all you need to know about LTT.

They didn't forget. Update #1 was to hide the value of the prototype water block (closing the gate after the horses have bolted). Update #2 was finally de-monetizing the video.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

That was refreshingly free from the "both sides are equally valid" school of journalism that a lot of American media follows (not that Canadian broadcasting probably isn't equally as bad for that).

It's precisely because of their reporting style that chuds loving hate the cbc now (that and the firing of Don Cherry)

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

In my mind I had thought it was south surrey but I google mapp'd it and it seems pretty close to langley city centre.

priznat fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 19, 2023

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Yeah the CBC has some issues but it’s still pretty good. Taxpayer funded, too!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I used to live near where longtime CBC anchor Ian Hanomansing lives and would see him at the park with his kids a lot and he's a really personable guy. Said hi the one time and he'd say hi following times etc.. Just a nice dude.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Kazinsal posted:

This was hilarious until I realized Linus will eventually do a reaction video the memes from this saga (like that one) unless explicitly kept from doing so, and even then, it might sneak by as a merch question on a future WAN show.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuTsTjFZf5M

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

priznat posted:

I used to live near where longtime CBC anchor Ian Hanomansing lives and would see him at the park with his kids a lot and he's a really personable guy. Said hi the one time and he'd say hi following times etc.. Just a nice dude.

I feel like I ran into him as well at stores from time to time. True he seemed like a very nice chap.

Also ran into Squire Barnes at a 7-11 once, and that dude is even smaller in real life. Like a ventriloquist dummy.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I feel like I ran into him as well at stores from time to time. True he seemed like a very nice chap.

Also ran into Squire Barnes at a 7-11 once, and that dude is even smaller in real life. Like a ventriloquist dummy.

Oh yeah that guy! BTW what happened to Squire? Was he laid off from global a while back or something? I don't really watch global news but my folks loved that guy. I seem to recall that he got axed but maybe I'm thinking of someone else from the BC news.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Apropos of nothing, why is 8-bit guy persona non grata here? Is it his 2A weirdness?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

priznat posted:

Oh yeah that guy! BTW what happened to Squire? Was he laid off from global a while back or something? I don't really watch global news but my folks loved that guy. I seem to recall that he got axed but maybe I'm thinking of someone else from the BC news.

Global's website still lists him as the Sports Director so maybe he just isn't on camera anymore.

Or maybe he is and I haven't actually watched the news hour at 6 in a decade.

Ok Comboomer posted:

Apropos of nothing, why is 8-bit guy persona non grata here? Is it his 2A weirdness?

He's a weirdo right-libertarian who destroys vintage hardware trying to "repair" it and creeps on his daughter's friends.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I only ever see the news when I'm at my parents place, but Squire is still on every day talking about sports.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Ok cool glad he’s still on doing his thing.

Need a BC thread on SA imo lol. Lots to talk about these days!!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

priznat posted:

Ok cool glad he’s still on doing his thing.

Need a BC thread on SA imo lol. Lots to talk about these days!!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3995646&perpage=40&pagenumber=3&noseen=1

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

bc deserves it's own thread, sorry "western Canada"

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Nitr0 posted:

i don't disagree but there is bc talk in there so :shrug:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Nitr0 posted:

Yeah do NOT lump us in with those other assholes

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

VostokProgram posted:

ffs it's because more recent drivers might have affected previously measured parts

Here is a good explanation from HUB on why LTT Labs re-re-retesting everything is a waste of time and how automating GPU/games benchmarks is an especially bad idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw39wYJlLRc&t=1440s

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Fondly remembering that time foone sent 8bitchud a bunch of different disks so he could do a video on them and then foone ended up doing a big twitter thread of corrections lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I just wanted to apologize to anyone who actually clicked on the goatse link, I should have tagged it but I also wanted comatoast to be dumb enough to blindly follow a link without checking the url, and seriously, gently caress that person.