Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Sagebrush posted:

He's a more obscure Jack. Not a lot of people know about him. You probably haven't heard of him before

City Slickers is art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Godholio posted:

City Slickers is art.

Day ain't over yet.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1970/citroen/ds/101841930

quote:

Classic Car Overview
1970 CITROEN ID19 GREEN EXTERIOR ON BROWN CLOTH INTERIOR ODOMETER SHOWS 90,694 WHICH WE BELIEVE TO BE ACCURATE. 2.0 LITER 4 CYL WITH A 4 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION 100% ORIGINAL CAR ( ORIGINAL PAINT AND INTERIOR) MOTOR IS COMPLETE AND RUNS. THE GAS TANK AND FUEL LINES NEED TOBE REPLACED THE CAR HAS BEEN SITTING FOR 25 YEARS. IT STARTS BY POURING GAS INTO THE CARB AND MOVES. THE SUSPENSION STILL WORKS GOING UP AND DOWN. ALL OF THE GLASS IS IN NICE CONDITION NO CRACKS. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR A VIDEO OF IT RUNNING : UNIQUEAUTOLTD.COM 760-746-2600

YOU TUBE VIDEO : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvivo8sWOts

$5,000 USD

I've seen far worse listed for about $10k, looks complete? Runs and moves. The cylinders (pistons, and rings) are replaceable using hand tools in your garage if you're brave (apparently)

The dented door panels and ugly color are a feature, once your put new door panels on there you can repaint it in a deep ruby red or pearl gray metallic

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

The Dodge Viper in its primal state (less than 1000 miles on the odometer, salvage title, with evidence of heavy front end and suspension damage)

https://www.proxibid.com/Cars-Vehicles/Cars/2000-DODGE-VIPER-GTS/lotInformation/78706761

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNFpPeIRkeU

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Love that Citroen! The DS is such a neat car.

I'd keep it green though :colbert:

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
2014 Chevrolet silverado 1500 crew cab
$22,000
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/248235651387181/?mibextid=2JQ9oc

What could possibly be interesting about a decade old Silverado 1500? Well...

I'd guess that a 24 kWh battery really doesn't get a half ton very far at all, what a wild conversion. Where'd they stuff the battery?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Twerk from Home posted:

I'd guess that a 24 kWh battery really doesn't get a half ton very far at all, what a wild conversion. Where'd they stuff the battery?

If there aren't any pictures of the backseat in the ad, that's my guess.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
In order to run the engine, they had to retain all fuel system components. And if the gas tank wasn't removed, where did they stuff the battery?

I've seen a few of these or similar conversions. Forklift type electric motor outputs directly to the drive shaft so you still have a rear differential. And then use Chevy Volt battery packs between frame rails and under the hood, they're usually a good fit. I've never seen a conversion that kept an original engine for some reason. You better off throwing that out in favor of a standard generator.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

The last time I looked at the under side of a full size pickup was an '86 f350 and it was mostly wasted empty space under there. Most have enough space for a second gas tank

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Jeep

Driven 119,092 km
Manual transmission
Exterior color: Green · Interior color: Green
Fuel type: Gasoline
Seller's Description

1947 Willys CJ2 Project lots of time and money invested… needs a few things done to pass inspection or use as is off road… Runs and drives… Canvas military canopy top in nice shape… Decommissioned Browning M2 30.Cal included Not interested in any trades 12,000ono

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Presumably the 30 cal isn't permanently mounted in that photo because it won't fit in the garage without it

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I don't...know.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Acuras with threatening Auras.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Do I have to drink the alcohol if want the steering wheel? I can't drink beer

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.
noting crazy

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

StormDrain posted:

Acuras with threatening Auras.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
In today's edition of "things I found out existed were sold/are street legal in the US":

Seems heinously overpriced for the condition/what it is, but lol and lmao. Did some research and apparently sold and titled as a motorcycle.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Anything with less than four wheels is going to be sold and titled as a motorcycle, always have been. It's how companies go around safety requirements

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That looks fun but like $200 fun not $2000. I'd get it for one of those shitbox adventure rallies.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Things are worth whatever people are willing to pay for them.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Thank you, Mr. Adam Smith.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Nitrox posted:

deep

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Nitrox posted:

Concerning.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Don't know how gold this is, but it seems like a pretty good price for a neat old car in what looks like good shape.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/d/eagle-creek-price-drop-1952-packard/7660678267.html
- It's a price drop of $7,500 from $12,500! -

1952 Packard Sedan 200

• Straight 8 Thunderbolt
• Two-speed transmission
• Two-door (sedan)
• Runs
• Clean title and current tags
• Purchased from original owner
• In possession of a letter from original owners with car’s life story
• Retained original Bill of Sale
• Mileage under 100,000 miles
• $7,500 as-is condition
• Exterior is in good condition
• Original brown interior is in fair condition
• Heater works
• Been garaged from the elements
• Windshield wiper motor works
• Shop Manual
• Repainted in the 1970’s
• New battery and cables, oil pump, filters, tires, front brakes, master cylinder, transmission filter, fuel filter, gas pan, thermostat, radiation hoses, ignition coil, rebuilt starter and oil change

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

:stare:

That’s a coupe, not a sedan.

I want it bad.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Trying to find a commuter to get me 60 miles round trip twice a week. It doesn't rain here and traffic is so bad you rarely crack 60mph so it doesn't matter much what you get so long as it can do 60mph up a 5% grade for 2 miles reliably. Also needs a back seat I can strap a car seat into. Preferably well under 30K. We both WFH so if the car unexpectedly dies it's not a catastrophe

This has all sorts of red flags. I actually went by to sit in it after lunch today. It has the "factory" carbon fiber stick on trim stuff, which has all either yellowed and/or cracked. The exterior is in great shape at least, or has been restored to great condition

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Porsche-911-d404#listing=362634023/NONE/DEFAULT

My best friend's dad had a white one of these (Corvair) and I helped "restore" it (got it to the point it rolled under it's own power back and forth in the driveway). In case you forgot this has an air cooled flat six in the back because that was a thing they did in the 60s. Also the target of Ralph Nader's "unsafe at any speed" campaign. Has a lot of GM parts and overall good aftermarket parts avalibility, active owners club/printed newsletter, etc. Maybe the most pracitcal? I was looking at a purple/violet one of these in North Carolina while I was out there, with white leather interior for about the same price

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/spt_classic_cars-California_L2161#listing=358170140/

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1605864/1958-buick-super-for-sale-in-big-spring-texas-79720

Guaranteed to get at least 6mpg under ideal conditions. Crash rating: 3' of crumple zones 360 degrees. Rebuilt engine with only 676 miles. Chrome: yes

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/spt_classic_cars-California_L2161#listing=355892924/NONE/DEFAULT

The worlds' cleanest remaining E39 wagon, automatic tho

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Sep 1, 2023

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
The corvair is nice, and won't have any of the word suspension issues of the early models. They are very economical and trouble free, when compared to other 60's cars. You can probably get a 2 door Monza for that money, but that would depend on your local market and condition.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Cross shopping a Porsche 911 and that 58 buick? :psyduck:

That 996 looks clean enough, but it also has had a very mixed life just by the choices of "customization" on it. I'd stay far, far away from it.

For example, it has xenons but I can't see the proper option code (601) for them, and I can pretty much guarantee it wasn't a proper retrofit and quite likely ripped off.

I've always liked corvairs for some bizarre reason :3:

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

More like cross shopping an automatic V6 Toyota Camry and literally anything that won't make me feel completely dead inside like I gave up everything I swore I'd never succumb to by commuting by car from the suburbs for the first time in almost a decade

Wife informed me it must be an automatic, but that's where I draw the line

Corvair looks like a strong winner but the Buick is an auto and has got the rebuilt engine

I personally like the lines of the 4 door corvair over the 2 door but thats just me

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Sep 2, 2023

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

How about a nicely seasoned 2005 VW Touareg

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Steve French posted:

How about a nicely seasoned 2005 VW Touareg

What is wrong with you

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

This is actually the sickest burn, but explaining it would involve finding 15 posts across like 9 different threads over 18 months

Edit: this one looks nice but it's too far to casually go test drive

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Volkswagen-Touareg-d205#listing=361429349/NONE/DEFAULT

Probably full of rust coming out of Detroit though

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 2, 2023

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Ok but somewhat more seriously I just reread your posts and right before the 911 photos you mentioned it needs to have a back seat you can fit a car seat into…

Is that possible? Or we talking teeny booster seat

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I didn't sit back there but I eyeballed it and looks like it'll hold at least a basic one. According to the Porsche thread it's very doable

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
Anyone looking for an old Forester XT? My parents are selling theirs which I helped pick out for my mom in 2003. It's in great overall condition with nothing of note wrong but could probably use some minor suspension refreshing and stuff like that. No accidents, no significant repairs in 20 years and always garaged but it was time for something new which ended up being a brand new Outback XT.

https://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/d/mills-river-2004-subaru-forester-25xt/7661951219.html

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

quote:

Here we have a brand new part built Kr200 replica.

I completed the green one (not for sale!) in 2022 when it passed the MSVA test and was registered on a 22 plate.

Sadly needing the workshop space for another project.

Included is a steel chassis/tub.
Seat frames , seatbelt mounts
and handbrake

Fibreglass nose, wings , tail and lifting section

There is a brand new 150cc automatic engine

Also included are all the braking components, steering suspension etc

Additionally there is a wiper motor and arm, speedometer and front and rear wheels and hub components.

They're not fast but great fun to drive and cheap to tax and insure.
This will give you a massive head start to building your own at a fraction of the cost of an original.

I have receipts for all the components and metalwork and will be happy to guide the new owner on passing the MSVA test and getting registered as a new vehicle on the road.

Cheers
Steve

In addition, I also have the fibreglass moulds available for sale if required

brb gonna go look for a Messerschmitt replica from 1999 to import

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jymmybob posted:

Anyone looking for an old Forester XT? My parents are selling theirs which I helped pick out for my mom in 2003. It's in great overall condition with nothing of note wrong but could probably use some minor suspension refreshing and stuff like that. No accidents, no significant repairs in 20 years and always garaged but it was time for something new which ended up being a brand new Outback XT.

https://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/d/mills-river-2004-subaru-forester-25xt/7661951219.html

you wanted this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Yeah this is the "bad life decisions" thread

Speaking of which

quote:

For sale rare soviet microcar Smz-S3d. With documents. 1978. In very good condition. 100% original. Located in Latvia. I can help to organize shipping to Europe and USA.