Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

What is an understable putter that I can throw hard and it turns over, but doesn't die into the ground immediately? I lost my fierce and i wonder if there are any alternatives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

headcase posted:

What is an understable putter that I can throw hard and it turns over, but doesn't die into the ground immediately? I lost my fierce and i wonder if there are any alternatives.

Get a Latitude 64 Gold Pure and throw it on gravel for an hour.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

headcase posted:

MVP Spin

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The Watt is sick. It looks like a non-gimmick Glitch. (I love the Glitch, please don’t misunderstand)

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

I will always sing the praises of Gateway’s Chief. It’s a lot like the Axiom Envy in shape and feel, but less stable. If you have a fast throw, the Envy could be another option.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

ThePopeOfFun posted:

I will always sing the praises of Gateway’s Chief. It’s a lot like the Axiom Envy in shape and feel, but less stable. If you have a fast throw, the Envy could be another option.

Listen to this guy. The Envy is the perfect disc

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

The Envy is the perfect disc

:hmmyes:

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Envy throws stable for me, but it does take an anny like a boss. I bag a fission envy, zone, zone OS, luna, and a soft armadillo. I'm probably going to bump the dillo or zone OS for a fierce i guess. Spin looks interesting, but I don't think I could drive that shape.

fociP
Mar 28, 2007

There, now the forums will stay open.

headcase posted:

Envy throws stable for me, but it does take an anny like a boss. I bag a fission envy, zone, zone OS, luna, and a soft armadillo. I'm probably going to bump the dillo or zone OS for a fierce i guess. Spin looks interesting, but I don't think I could drive that shape.

MVP Anode might be what you are looking for if the Envy is too stable, though it is a lot deeper than a Fierce. Dynamic Discs Deputy is similar flight and feel but they only make it in less durable plastics.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
I found an Ella Hansen Swirly S-Line FD in the woods today and finished the round with it. Jeeze louise that thing is a drat rocket in both speed and straightness. Going to have to grab one when I return this one to the disc shop.

edit: drat they are proud of these, huh.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

fociP posted:

MVP Anode might be what you are looking for if the Envy is too stable, though it is a lot deeper than a Fierce. Dynamic Discs Deputy is similar flight and feel but they only make it in less durable plastics.

If you like the feel of the Envy but want less stable, you want the Proxy. They're the same core with different outer rims (also true for the MVP Atom). Proxy is also an excellent disc.

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021
5 best putters of all time

1. banger gt
2. banger gt
3. banger gt
4. banger gt
5. banger gt

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
I don't really throw with that much power, but I love both the envy and spin as throwing putters. Everyone knows the envy.

The spin (R2 Neutron) is fairly deep and rounded (near the flight plate, so not really like a Løft Bohrium, and way less in any case), A power grip feels a little weird on it, if that's your style. It's by far the disc I have that has the least amount of fade, essentially zero. Even a low speed throw, upwards over some bushes, will just stall and fall straight down.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Muir posted:

If you like the feel of the Envy but want less stable, you want the Proxy. They're the same core with different outer rims (also true for the MVP Atom). Proxy is also an excellent disc.

yessss. The real answer. axiom/mvp/streamline have so many dang discs.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think I saw it when I ordered, but I had completely forgotten it again.

The dark gray overmold rim on the Powergrip/MVP Glitsch is glow plastic! The effect is weak, but it's a nice blue color.

Edit: even the flight plate is speckled with fluorescent "particles". They fade within a few seconds but it's still super cool.

NFX fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Aug 11, 2023

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Just ordered a few new discs: Praxis, MD3, and Underworld. I’ve already got the MD3 and the Underworld in the bag, but in different plastics. I love to experiment with the same mold to see the difference between plastics.

The Praxis was just a case of “ooh this has a turtle on it” and I gently caress with Thoughtspace’s whole lineup

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
A friend has a lasercat disc that I love. More companies need to make stuff like that. I'd love a happy cat one.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

calandryll posted:

A friend has a lasercat disc that I love. More companies need to make stuff like that. I'd love a happy cat one.

Trilogy (Lat64, Dynamic, Westside) has a bunch of discs on which they will do a custom printed stamp for you. We have a group of 15 or so people at work that play together pretty regularly, so we had a big batch of Vandals made up with a company logo for not very much money. They did have a significant amount of flashing I had to sand off but otherwise came out really well. They come in the midrange Gold/Fuzion/Tournament plastic.

Starts at $25 for one disc. They also have a bunch of goofy random pre-made stamps.

https://www.dynamicdiscs.com/collections/custom-disc-golf-discs

Placeholder
Sep 24, 2008
Just a tip, but if you've got some rudimentary skills with vector image software and access to a makerspace which has a vinyl cutter it seems quite 'easy' to produce your own stamps!

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

Bandire posted:

Trilogy (Lat64, Dynamic, Westside) has a bunch of discs on which they will do a custom printed stamp for you. We have a group of 15 or so people at work that play together pretty regularly, so we had a big batch of Vandals made up with a company logo for not very much money. They did have a significant amount of flashing I had to sand off but otherwise came out really well. They come in the midrange Gold/Fuzion/Tournament plastic.

Starts at $25 for one disc. They also have a bunch of goofy random pre-made stamps.

https://www.dynamicdiscs.com/collections/custom-disc-golf-discs

Omg a pizza cat. Tempted to snag one for a putter.

Played my best round today. Been using a mix of forehand and backhand and it has definitely improved my game. Actually, had a few long putts that I put right now. Feels good man.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Got to do some discing in the denver area this week and good lord I'm jealous of how dense their disc golf course scene is. There's so many in such a small area.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022

calandryll posted:

Omg a pizza cat. Tempted to snag one for a putter.

Played my best round today. Been using a mix of forehand and backhand and it has definitely improved my game. Actually, had a few long putts that I put right now. Feels good man.

Nice! I threw my absolute worst round at my regular course today. Had 4 spit outs and hit first available on like 5 holes. I'll blame it on sleep deprivation or something.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Fart Car '97 posted:

Got to do some discing in the denver area this week and good lord I'm jealous of how dense their disc golf course scene is. There's so many in such a small area.

I was there last week! I played Centre Hills for the first time and loved it! The opposite of flat-rear end south Florida

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Threw an absolutely pure line off the tee this morning with a Praxis. I understand now

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I started dolfing in early June and I'm slowly figuring out how to hyzer. I feel good about my opening shots now! :toot: They don't go terribly far yet but who cares! It'll come.

But as my distance increases I'm developing a huge hole in my short game where I don't have any throws outside C1. My putt's not long enough to C2 and I keep blasting my approach shots out the back of the fairway. :mad:

I could buy discs about it, but that'd be silly.

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

Siivola posted:

I started dolfing in early June and I'm slowly figuring out how to hyzer. I feel good about my opening shots now! :toot: They don't go terribly far yet but who cares! It'll come.

But as my distance increases I'm developing a huge hole in my short game where I don't have any throws outside C1. My putt's not long enough to C2 and I keep blasting my approach shots out the back of the fairway. :mad:

I could buy discs about it, but that'd be silly.

Welcome to the frisbee family! It's fun to watch them fly.

Nothing wrong with laying up with your putter and tapping in if it's just outside your comfort zone.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

You're not wrong but the issue is, I don't have a layup! :v:

But honestly that's just because I've only focused on fixing my release and throwing longer. Now I need to hit the local pitch and putt course and try to throw shorter. (And also putt. Gotta learn to putt long.)

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

After one trip to the local course I decided that putting rules, walking drools, and ordered four more Pures.

Got them used so I paid the equivalent of a K1 Berg for the whole lot (shipped!), but they were so grody that I had to immediately sit down and give them a good scrub.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Got a tournament tomorrow, my partner just got me some of the DG Max Wax grip aid, I'm pumped to try it out! I am always slightly self conscious cause I lick my fingers before I drive, since my hands are too dry and need a little extra help.

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
Got myself a Friction Glove last year and it makes throwing surprisingly great in cold conditions. Was skeptical but it took no time to get throws and putts down with minimal change to form or grip.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

Johnny Truant posted:

Got a tournament tomorrow, my partner just got me some of the DG Max Wax grip aid, I'm pumped to try it out! I am always slightly self conscious cause I lick my fingers before I drive, since my hands are too dry and need a little extra help.

This is me all the way to my friends making fun of me for 'tasting the air'. Didn't know this existed, thanks a lot.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Mcqueen posted:

This is me all the way to my friends making fun of me for 'tasting the air'. Didn't know this existed, thanks a lot.

:yeah:

I'll let you know how I dig it after tomorrow, playing my home course then one across town I barely got too this year.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Threw my Midnight Z Buzzz into the woods and it vanished. Never buying a dark colored disc again. Also, I suck at disc golf. :whitewater:

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
I threw a pink fairway driver in a field of not particularly tall grass. It flew behind a bush and disappeared, even after I spent 30 minutes looking. I've lost that disc before, I bet it'll come home again soon.

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

I shanked my fluorescent bright green St. Patty Day special Harp in some think rough about a month ago. I hope it found a nice clover patch and is living it's best life.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

:yeah:

I'll let you know how I dig it after tomorrow, playing my home course then one across town I barely got too this year.

I definitely like the grip wax! I haven't found the best way/amount to apply yet, but it was nice.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
People who write their name and phone number on discs. Are you expecting me to take hours out of my day to return you something that costs 15 bucks?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

thotsky posted:

People who write their name and phone number on discs. Are you expecting me to take hours out of my day to return you something that costs 15 bucks?

Does it take hours to text a number...?

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Probably half the times I find a disc and text the number they're still on the course and I catch up to them soooo yeah what does it cost me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

thotsky posted:

From what I understand, Seattle may be an outlier, but there are disc return bins and on most courses I play here. Folks who work at local disc shops pick up these bins regularly and text folks to come pick them up. Seems like an incredibly smart driver of business, as evidenced by my dumb rear end buying more discs to lose every time I pick up a lost disc.

Or just text them and leave it under a garbage can I guess????