Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

My home redraft league had its

Cat Hassler posted:

live bar league draft (at the bar so it was a drunken shitshow)
last night. Here's what I ended up with. Drafting 1.08, 13-team league, 0.5 PPR

QB: Justin Fields
RB: Josh Jacobs
RB: Rhamondre Stevenson
WR: Cooper Kupp
WR: Tyler Lockett
TE: Tyler Higbee
FLEX: Breece Hall
FLEX: Mike Evans
D/ST: Washington (ARI matchup week 1)
K: Riley Patterson

BENCH
RB: Raheem Mostert
RB: Tank Bigsby
WR: Skyy Moore
WR: Marvin Mims
WR: Zay Flowers
TE: Sam LaPorta

I would really like this team but TEs kept getting drafted way earlier than ADP and I ended up punting the position pretty hard. My primary target was going to be Darren Waller at 5.08 but he went at... 4.02?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I love Hyatt and loved him pre-actual draft. It makes me lol that Doltos hated him and then his giants drafted him.

Hyatt does seem like a late-season-high-octane pick like Amon St Brown was.

I'd love it if he was, oh I dunno, an immediate-season-high-octane pick so I could start him as my WR3 over the remaining fruit salad of mediocrity that is my bench.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Kiimo inconsolable

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1695913085008060800?s=20

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Have the Chiefs had a legit stud rb1 since Jamaal Charles?

RIP Charcandrick West and Spencer Ware

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

I like to ask each year, what players are you definitely NOT drafting either period, or at their ADP?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Cat Hassler posted:

Jerrick McKinnon was RB5 weeks 10-18 in PPR and RB2 weeks 14-18 last year

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Kloaked00 posted:

I like to ask each year, what players are you definitely NOT drafting either period, or at their ADP?

This guy's RB:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Cat Hassler posted:

Kareem Hunt was really awesome his first 2 seasons. If he didn’t do the whole “beating a woman on camera” thing he might have been a stud in KC for a long time instead of exiled to the Browns

Then they took a shot with CEH and lol

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

My home redraft league had its

last night. Here's what I ended up with. Drafting 1.08, 13-team league, 0.5 PPR

QB: Justin Fields
RB: Josh Jacobs
RB: Rhamondre Stevenson
WR: Tyler Lockett
TE: Tyler Higbee
FLEX: Breece Hall
FLEX: Mike Evans
D/ST: Washington (ARI matchup week 1)
K: Riley Patterson

BENCH
RB: Raheem Mostert
RB: Tank Bigsby
WR: Skyy Moore
WR: Marvin Mims
WR: Zay Flowers
TE: Sam LaPorta

I would really like this team but TEs kept getting drafted way earlier than ADP and I ended up punting the position pretty hard. My primary target was going to be Darren Waller at 5.08 but he went at... 4.02?

I’ll bite. How are you doing weekly h2h matchups in a 13 team league? Byes?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Kloaked00 posted:

Najee Harris. I dont give a poo poo about the people talking him up, never ever again.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

Najee Harris. I dont give a poo poo about the people talking him up, never ever again.

I guess there must be but are there really Najee stans out there? Every source I follow thinks he’s the most obvious trap pick at his ADP

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Kiimo inconsolable

Someone in my dynasty league just fully dropped Brandin Cooks to pick up La'Mical Perine who is currently RB5 on the Chiefs lmao

there are worse Chiefs fans than me

(yes I big a crazy amount to pick him up before anyone else notices)

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Docjowles posted:

I guess there must be but are there really Najee stans out there? Every source I follow thinks he’s the most obvious trap pick at his ADP

I’m a Najee stan because he holds a special place in my heart. I swept my home keeper league for the first time because he was a solid 15-20pt RB1 his rookie season, and during the final Monday night game of our championship I was down 9 with just him left and 2 minutes remaining in the Browns v Steelers game. I joked it was over because the only way I was winning was if he suddenly ripped off a 40 yard TD despite the game basically being over and the Steelers already winning.

Well guess what happened.

I kept him into last year and I will admit he was extremely disappointing so I tossed him back in the pool, but I think the foot plate really limited him. If he had fallen back to me in our keeper league I was absolutely snagging him again but it wasn’t meant to be. Godspeed my front-flipping runboy.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

pmchem posted:

I’ll bite. How are you doing weekly h2h matchups in a 13 team league? Byes?

One team has a "bye" each week where they play against a dummy team (since Sleeper only does even numbers of teams). Record-wise, the bye will count as a tie. 14 weeks in the regular season means one team will get two byes but what can you do? This is the first year we've done 13, arrived at it accidentally when one long-time member bowed out and two previous members wanted back in.

This is the dummy team. Open to comedy options re: the roster, I mostly just picked randos

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Xazavian Valladay isn't a man's name, that's a list of medications you're picking up for your gramma.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Cat Hassler posted:

Big daddy Charc

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

One team has a "bye" each week where they play against a dummy team (since Sleeper only does even numbers of teams). Record-wise, the bye will count as a tie. 14 weeks in the regular season means one team will get two byes but what can you do? This is the first year we've done 13, arrived at it accidentally when one long-time member bowed out and two previous members wanted back in.

This is the dummy team. Open to comedy options re: the roster, I mostly just picked randos

I mean… yeah I’m offended you don’t have Kalen Ballage on that team.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

EconDad posted:

I mean… yeah I’m offended you don’t have Kalen Ballage on that team.

My bad, that's an egregious oversight

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Jake Haener does not belong on that team. :colbert:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Docjowles posted:

Najee was great after he got the lead out. Was RB5 the second half of the season in hppr once everyone had stopped watching.

The pendulum has swung too far away and now the bellcow back in a Mike Tomlin offense is going for a steal

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

don't like the bit where one team gets two byes (it's just asking for potential drama if that ends up mattering). I'd adjust your regular season duration, maybe have that week be an extended playoff wildcard round. otherwise fun!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

lol 3% rostered Brady seems really high what is going on there

I like the idea of an all "these guys are officially retired why the poo poo do they exist in the player pool" team. Some options
Alex Smith
Drew Brees
Big Ben
Antonio Brown
Larry Fitzgerald
Gronk
Frank Gore
James White
Emmanuel Sanders
Jay Ajayi
James White
Jack Doyle
Bilal Powell
Julian Edelman
LeSean McCoy
Ted Ginn

You could do this all day I guess they REALLY don't want to miss a guy who might come back

Quiet Feet posted:

Xazavian Valladay isn't a man's name, that's a list of medications you're picking up for your gramma.

lmao

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

pmchem posted:

don't like the bit where one team gets two byes (it's just asking for potential drama if that ends up mattering). I'd adjust your regular season duration, maybe have that week be an extended playoff wildcard round. otherwise fun!

Really trying to avoid having playoff games during weeks in which the NFL is having byes (week 14). I don't think there's a clean, perfect solution, and it's probably only for this year anyway

Docjowles posted:

lol 3% rostered Brady seems really high what is going on there

I like the idea of an all "these guys are officially retired why the poo poo do they exist in the player pool" team. Some options
Alex Smith
Drew Brees
Big Ben
Antonio Brown
Larry Fitzgerald
Gronk
Frank Gore
James White
Emmanuel Sanders
Jay Ajayi
James White
Jack Doyle
Bilal Powell
Julian Edelman
LeSean McCoy
Ted Ginn

You could do this all day I guess they REALLY don't want to miss a guy who might come back

Thanks, will definitely be incorporating some of these guys

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Really trying to avoid having playoff games during weeks in which the NFL is having byes (week 14). I don't think there's a clean, perfect solution, and it's probably only for this year anyway

Thanks, will definitely be incorporating some of these guys

Is that on Sleeper?

Quiet Feet posted:

I don't know who needs to hear this but you can still draft Vinny Testaverde* in Sleeper drafts.

I've done it two years in a row now.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
First draft is done. We'll see how it goes. Happy i was able to get kelce and allen.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Have any of you ever done a league that allows you to trade draft picks? I've got an offer in my 12-team home league that is essentially me giving up my 1st and 4th round picks for an extra pick in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Since I'm drafting 7th, this pretty much means giving up Kelce or Kupp for guaranteed shots at Sun-God and Mandrews?

I don't know how to measure the value here, is the thing.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

Is that on Sleeper?

Yep

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Vargo posted:

Have any of you ever done a league that allows you to trade draft picks? I've got an offer in my 12-team home league that is essentially me giving up my 1st and 4th round picks for an extra pick in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Since I'm drafting 7th, this pretty much means giving up Kelce or Kupp for guaranteed shots at Sun-God and Mandrews?

Picks rapidly depreciate, I guess it depends on what pick you are getting in the second and which players you like at which spots, but it seems like you are not getting enough in return.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Vargo posted:

I'm a long time member of a super complicated league-of-leagues where draft pick trading is very frequent. That trade offer is terrible. In this example from a calculator we use, I've assumed your counterparty is the 6th pick:

it doesn't look much better assuming your counterparty has any other set of natural picks. I'd only consider it if you are confident you have mocked a very specific draft plan you want to execute.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Thanks Goons, this particular member of my league is very good at sending trades that sound intriguing at first but hold no value under scrutiny.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Are there any defence targets this season? Like how the Eagles had the easiest schedule last season.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

14 team PPR Super flex league. I'm very happy.

QB: Joe Burrow
RB: Saquon Barkley
RB: James Cook
WR: Deebo Samuel
WR: Chris Godwin
WR: Mike Williams
TE: David Njoku
QB/RB/WR/TE: Aaron Rodgers
RB/WR/TE: The ghost of Michael Thomas
K: Brandon McManus
DEF: Baltimore

Bench:
RB: Alvin Kamara
RB: Elijah Mitchell
WR: Tyler Boyd
WR: Michael Gallup
WR: Jalin Hyatt

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Kloaked00 posted:

Mike Evans, never again

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Bellmaker posted:

Mike Evans, never again

Amen

He’ll get you 5 points if you start him or 25+ if he’s on your bench.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
He came through if you were patient (had no one better to start) and played him in the finals last year.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I started Evans like every loving week last year waiting for something to happen and finally benched him in week 17 lol. Of course I was not in the finals anyway because of his performance weeks 1-16 but that game was such a middle finger to Evans and Brady drafters

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

evans won me 2 ‘ships last year

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Rogue Elephant posted:

Bench:
That seems like a powerful team in a 14 team league, especially if Hyatt can break out down the stretch. I don’t love any Bucs WRs but I bet Godwin will be fine in PPR even with bad QB play.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Rogue Elephant posted:

Bench:

WR depth is rough, but that's to be expected in a 3WR 14 team league. I like it overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long
12 team PPR

I think I might be able to trade AJ Dillion and Cooper Kupp for Justin Jefferson should I do it? My team:

WR: Davante Adams
WR: Jaylen Waddle
RB: Miles Sanders
RB: Javonte Williams
TE: Darren Waller
DST: Kansas City

Bench:
RB: AJ Dillon
WR: Elijah Moore
RB: Zach Charbonnet