Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
who

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Great episode. My man Chad got to do something.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Orihime WHAT are you WEARING

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Gologle posted:

lol you'll enjoy next episode if you didn't read the manga.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

laugh everytime I see ywach on a helicopter

that number one remix whipped

oh ym loving god orihime's outfit please

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Aug 27, 2023

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I hope Uryuu gets a fight

He and Ichigo are clearly throwing down in the opening :smug:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sydin posted:

Yeah unless they're going to make some pretty big changes to the original plot this is the part where the arc clearly starts to fall apart from Kubo literally dying. Ichigo gets punted back down the tower like 3 times, gets stone cold beaten by Askin entirely off screen, and gets his bankai broken by Yhwach before he even gets to show what it does.

i remember there being a period of like months where people would just pop in to bleach discussion spaces and ask "is ichigo still falling down/climbing those stairs" with "yup" as a response

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Lamebot posted:

He and Ichigo are clearly throwing down in the opening :smug:

Would like to see a full season of the opening tbh

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Would like to see a full season of the opening tbh

A full season of shinigami's cup golden with the characters in sick outfits.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's funny to me the opening also features Ichigo getting knocked down a tall building.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I will never get enough of Ichigo showing up to barehand job some fools

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gologle posted:

Yeah, it was a little much.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Gologle posted:

She breasted boobily into that scene.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I did not expect that costume. It is a lot. Chad's design is p cool though and I liked how both their block abilities looked. I've not read the manga but don't mind spoilers and have heard that they're pretty useless from here on out, particularly Chad, so I hope the anime improves that a lil. How much have they added/changed so far?

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
In the first half of the season they cut all the fanservice completely out but I guess here comes Orihime

pork never goes bad posted:

I did not expect that costume. It is a lot. Chad's design is p cool though and I liked how both their block abilities looked. I've not read the manga but don't mind spoilers and have heard that they're pretty useless from here on out, particularly Chad, so I hope the anime improves that a lil. How much have they added/changed so far?
They haven't added a lot, Shinji using his Bankai is the one added thing to the story so far but they mostly remove the redundancy of multiple chapters of people reacting to each other's powers. For example, the Grimmy vs Kenpachi fight took place over like 6 chapters was condensed to a good episode and a half.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tampa Bae posted:

In the first half of the season they cut all the fanservice completely out but I guess here comes Orihime

They haven't added a lot, Shinji using his Bankai is the one added thing to the story so far but they mostly remove the redundancy of multiple chapters of people reacting to each other's powers. For example, the Grimmy vs Kenpachi fight took place over like 6 chapters was condensed to a good episode and a half.

Did you miss Bambietta's bloodstained tits after she killed that dude

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Plutonis posted:

Did you miss Bambietta's bloodstained tits after she killed that dude
okay well the first half of the season glanced over the fanservice. There was no Rukia peach joke or Ichigo's mom being a proud nudist. It's still pretty tame

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fanservice rules.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Yep just don't get weird about it [goon challenge level: impossible]

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
The sailor senshi were fun. I hate that eater girl though, something about the way her mouth moves just creeps me out. It’s like it’s the corner of her mouth but then there’s a whole new mouth at the end? So confusing to my brain for some reason. Cool voice though.

But yeah, I forgot that this was the part where Ichigo is perpetually running up and down after everyone else and keeps falling down. He just spent three eps running down and now he has to get back up again.
On the bright side! Royal guard fight incoming. I can’t wait for the sword that cuts and Ichibe.
Because this anime has been going all out on fights.

I also can’t stop laughing at the ridiculous outfit Mayuri is wearing. It’s so brilliant.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Darth TNT posted:

I also can’t stop laughing at the ridiculous outfit Mayuri is wearing. It’s so brilliant.

Yeah this is really great lmao

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Lib and let die posted:

Yep just don't get weird about it [goon challenge level: impossible]

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

fanservice sucks when its lazy and over the top, she could have a cooler outfit imo. same issue with the lady outfits in the latest one piece saga (though that's not so much lazy at least)

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Orihime used Santen Kesshun to reject the bare minimums of decency.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

fanservice sucks when its lazy and over the top, she could have a cooler outfit imo. same issue with the lady outfits in the latest one piece saga (though that's not so much lazy at least)

At least it gave us Ichigo's funniest scene of the arc
(and more shameless fanservice, but at least its acknowledged in-universe)

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
With titters that huge you gotta let them breathe every now and then

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

pork never goes bad posted:

The other girls don't fight Ichigo at all with their vollstandig in the manga. So far it's mostly just expanded bits like that and the end of episode stuff with the Squad 0 guy.

https://tcbscans.com/chapters/2916/bleach-chapter-580-review-1687770229?date=28-8-2023-3

is where this episode started in the manga for ref.

e: They also moved around the Shinji vs Bazz B skirmish

Kild fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Aug 28, 2023

kneelbeforezog
Nov 13, 2019
So I take it from the constant discussion that this show is worth pushing through, right? Tell me what highlights to push towards. I'm at the retrieve healing red haired girl from Hueco Mundo but I hear that the previous arc, social society arc, was the highlight of the series? But I really want to know how good the new hulu episodes are, the new bleach stuff. And what arcs from the original manga/show are really good.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

kneelbeforezog posted:

So I take it from the constant discussion that this show is worth pushing through, right? Tell me what highlights to push towards. I'm at the retrieve healing red haired girl from Hueco Mundo but I hear that the previous arc, social society arc, was the highlight of the series? But I really want to know how good the new hulu episodes are, the new bleach stuff. And what arcs from the original manga/show are really good.

Previous arc was probably the highlight of storytelling, if you care about that. If you just want cool fights and a good OST to back them up, get in the Kanonji car, loser, we're going to Karakura town

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I watched through the soul society arc back when it released and then stopped before watching through more recently in prep for the new stuff. After a (eta meant to say dumpster fire here) fire beginning to the bount arc and some quick googling I skipped the major filler arcs and watched only the canon arcs, expansion episodes, and the occasional fun sounding filler episode. The one where Hitsugaya reluctantly joined Karin's football team was great. Also the expansion ep about Rukia and Renji's backstory was lovely. I want to go back and watch the zanpakuto tales arc because it sounds like fun but otherwise I have no regrets about skipping the filler. I used the table on the fandom wiki to determine what to watch and skip. Idk if that's necessarily the best but it worked for me.

pork never goes bad fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 28, 2023

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Zanpakuto arc is easily the best filler arc. Hell, I've always said it's good enough to be canon.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Kild posted:

The other girls don't fight Ichigo at all with their vollstandig in the manga. So far it's mostly just expanded bits like that and the end of episode stuff with the Squad 0 guy.

https://tcbscans.com/chapters/2916/bleach-chapter-580-review-1687770229?date=28-8-2023-3

Lmao, Chad had even less to do in the manga. He's just kind of...standing there.

kneelbeforezog posted:

A big point in these new episodes' favor is just the production. The animation quality's seen a huge increase from the original's and it's stylish as hell. We're just at the point where things started to really fall down storywise in the manga tho, so everyone's curious to see how much gets changed.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

kneelbeforezog posted:

Very loosely speaking the series is divided into five arcs:

1. Karakura arc - episode of the week action comedy vibes of Ichigo and his new ghost friend beating up evil ghosts to save not evil ghosts. Fun but doesn't last very long, also the animation in the anime starts very dire here. The only real highlights are Ichigo getting his power from Rukia, and Rukia running away back to Soul Society. Ichigo's friends also all have little mini arcs where they get powers but as you'll quickly find out none of them matter.

2. Soul Society arc - show kicks into full high gear shounen with Ichigo and friends having to go to the afterlife to beat up a bunch of aristocratic ghost samurai to rescue his ghost friend from execution. Generally considered to be the best arc in the series in terms of pacing, story telling, and booking of fights. It does start kinda slow though and the anime doesn't really level out in terms of quality until about half way through. I'd say the whole arc is worth watching, but if you just absolutely want to hit the highlights then it'd be all of Ichigo's main fights (vs Ikkaku, Renji, Zaraki, and Byakuya), Ichigo saving Rukia at the execution, Ishida vs Mayuri, and the Aizen episodes at the very end of the arc.

3. Arrancar/Hueco Muendo/Deicide arc - Technically three arcs on paper but two of them are very small so I'm just lumping it all in since it all concerns the same overarching conflict. Ichigo's gf gets kidnapped so he and his friends have to go to the other afterlife to beat up a bunch of non-aristocratic vaguely evil ghosts, if this is sounding familiar that's because it is. This arc has some very good fights and some fun plot stuff but also has a bad habit of getting way too bogged down in side fights and this is where a lot of the memes around Bleach's awful pacing came from. Highlights are once again pretty much all of Ichigo's fights (vs Grimmjow, Ulquiorra, Gin, Aizen), Mayuri vs Szayel, Zaraki vs Nnoitra, the Turn Back the Pendulum mini-arc that gives some backstory on Urahara and the Vizards, and the nonstop roller-coaster that is Deicide. There are a bunch of fights in Fake Karakura that are fun enough in their own right but utterly irrelevant to the plot and can be skipped if you want, particularly all the lieutenant/fraccion squareups.

4. Fullbringer arc - Starts as a lower level threat plot to refocus the story on Ichigo and his friends, with new characters that have powers closer to Jojo stands than shounen sword pushing and an interesting mystery regarding the villains. It wasn't popular with readers though so halfway through the most popular shinigami characters kick the door in and derail it into a bunch of fights and all of Ichigo's friends get sidelined again. This was where the original anime concluded, all the new stuff coming out is the next arc. This is a very short arc and it's kind hard to highlight anything, I'd say just watch it all up until the shinigami show up and then you can skip pretty much everything besides Ichigo and Byakuya's fights.

5. Thousand Year Blood War arc - The final arc, a bunch of Quncies show up to kill all the shinigami and Ichigo naturally gets involved. Generally considered to start out very strong, Kubo unfortunately ran into some pretty serious health problems partway through and the arc definitely begins to suffer for it, with the manga as a whole barely limping over the finish line. This is what's being covered by the current anime and so far it's been a joy to watch, and little things have been changed/altered so far imo for the better. That said the anime is *just* hitting the point where the manga really started to noticeably fall off a cliff and it remains to be seen how the adaptation is going to handle that. There haven't been any drastic story changes yet but like, if they're gonna happen they kinda need to happen really soon because we're on the cusp of some extremely tedious and stupid poo poo happening.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Fullbringer arc being unpopular is further proof that shounen readers/editors have no taste.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

chumbler posted:

Fullbringer arc being unpopular is further proof that shounen readers/editors have no taste.

yep. adding it to my list right near "frost midget dominating popularity polls"

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

chumbler posted:

Indeed. I was so looking forward to the prospect of Chad and Orihime getting some good screentime too.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

we love our bishi boys, dont we folks?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

chumbler posted:

:hai:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Kild posted:

I distinctly remember seeing eater girls volstandig before. Was that a different fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Maybe the fans weren’t enjoying fulllbringer arc because Chad and Orihime still didn’t do anything.