Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Wearing my Follow That Bikini shirt now. I definitely look like a pervert.

Fortunately I think the rest look pretty cool and the OSI one is gonna be a top-tier gym shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

There's a sticker in your shirt club package as well, don't lose sight of that. :)

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Oh my god the guys doing their Warbutron impression on the commentary is insane. It’s so loving good lmao.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Phenotype posted:

Wearing my Follow That Bikini shirt now. I definitely look like a pervert.

Fortunately I think the rest look pretty cool and the OSI one is gonna be a top-tier gym shirt.

Still haven't gotten my ship notification and I ordered in the first few hours! I checked the order status and says it hasn't shipped yet and that they have it, I also got charged for it. I assume it's coming but they aren't all out of the warehouse yet.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My t-shirt club package went from the prepared shipment thing last night to out for delivery this morning. Huzzah!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Got my shirt set yesterday. Just in time to rock’em during some work travel.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I got a shipping notice this morning and then a delivery confirmation 10 mins ago and they were on my porch.

That sticker is going on my work laptop for sure.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Rewatched the movie and there's a single joke I wish had been made but wasn't.

When Gathers, Rusty, Vatred, and Gary are all doing their best split-screen Voltron, adding another wedge of Monarch screaming as Ventronic's careening head would have been icing on the cake. If I had to guess, it was suggested and shot down for robbing the scene of tension, which is ultimately the right call.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

It would have been too close to my second favorite gag in the series: the Monarch spiraling out of control when he goes SUPERNOVA!!!! wearing the Death's Head Panoply (the final solution in tailoring).

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They also already did that joke with pirate Captain in the voltron.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I forget, did they ever reveal who was in the Bear costume? I think I got it in my head it was the brown spider guy but I don’t remember. Also, in the flashback with Bobbi St. Simone leaving Jonas, her daughter was wearing a jacket I feel was a specific reference to something, but couldn’t place to what.

Also, loved that Jefferson had the paintings from scatman’s room in the Shining in his bedroom, then Kubrick showed up in another part of St Simone’s flashback.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Inkspot posted:

Rewatched the movie and there's a single joke I wish had been made but wasn't.

When I was watching and Dean got bit, I was really hoping that he was bit and the reason he didn't change was because he isn't black. The idea that Blackula's can't turn white people into vampires is so damned funny to me. Also, I think the choice they made was absolutely the right choice for the show. But I was still a bit sad.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Sash! posted:

It would have been too close to my second favorite gag in the series: the Monarch spiraling out of control when he goes SUPERNOVA!!!! wearing the Death's Head Panoply (the final solution in tailoring).

Cojawfee posted:

They also already did that joke with pirate Captain in the voltron.

So we could have gotten a double callback. Now I'm even more upset. But still the right call.

Sataere posted:

When I was watching and Dean got bit, I was really hoping that he was bit and the reason he didn't change was because he isn't black. The idea that Blackula's can't turn white people into vampires is so damned funny to me. Also, I think the choice they made was absolutely the right choice for the show. But I was still a bit sad.

I have a feeling Dean's bite was another SEVERELY truncated plotline that ended more or less the same way it would have in a full season. Those three doofuses being waylaid by jackassery across the country has so much potential.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Just got shipment notification for my shirts!

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I’m frustrated, I still haven’t gotten any shipping notification and it has been a month. I emailed them and they told me no shirts have shipped and they’re going out in one batch, which is clearly not the case.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I finally just got my shipping notification yesterday. So I assume they are going out in batches.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

holefoods posted:

I’m frustrated, I still haven’t gotten any shipping notification and it has been a month. I emailed them and they told me no shirts have shipped and they’re going out in one batch, which is clearly not the case.

If it's ordered have faith it will come

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Just got my notice today, was getting scared tbh but the email did come

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I received my club shirts without a shipping notice. Got them Sunday night.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Hunter's "what? Ohnoyoudont" has worked itself into my brain so thoroughly that I just said it out loud as the wind tried to take a piece of aluminum foil from me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://twitter.com/moragearsolid/status/1703527192129388765?s=20

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

That's a fun video.

I think it came up once in the thread but Venture Bros and Metal Gear surprisingly have a lot of overlap. Super science, mid 20th century pulp sci fi/espionage, clone brothers, stupid superhero names + gimmicks that old men cling on to, etc etc

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Yeah but unlike Hideo Kojima I don't think that Doc Hammer ever assassinated any prime ministers IRL (or at least none that we know about)

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The Prime Minister isn't the real Prime Minister. Now if he got Secret Prime Minister we would be in trouble.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lol listening to some commentaries and they had like 50% of the Bobbi St Simone stuff figured out by season 3, they lay it out in the Kissinger episode

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Saw the movie tonight; it were excellent.

I'd be happy to see them make more. Or not. More than anything, I'm just pleased a show this consistently good exists. Like, I don't know if there's a single weak episode in the entire run. That is dang remarkable.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Sep 24, 2023

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

cenotaph posted:

Hunter's "what? Ohnoyoudont" has worked itself into my brain so thoroughly that I just said it out loud as the wind tried to take a piece of aluminum foil from me.

This and a lot of situations warrant the good ol', "Good God, why?!"

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Skippy McPants posted:

Saw the movie tonight; it were excellent.

I'd be happy to see them make more. Or not. More than anything, I'm just pleased a show this consistently good exists. Like, I don't know if there's a single weak episode in the entire run. That is dang remarkable.

That prompts an interesting question. What’s the worst episode in the series? One of them has to be the worst, even if it’s still really good.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I feel like Guess Who’s Coming to State Dinner is a pretty common response for that question. I don’t mind it

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Warbird posted:

That prompts an interesting question. What’s the worst episode in the series? One of them has to be the worst, even if it’s still really good.

The pilot is pretty rough without a lot of redeeming qualities. State Dinner is powerfully meh because it gives the episode to 3 subpar characters and included some of the most stale Bill Clinton jokes this side of Letterman, but the "oooooof yikes" episode you tell new people to skip is Love-Bheits.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Yeah, Love Bheits is probably the least of all episodes (and even it has some funny bits) outside of the pilot.

Guess Who’s Coming to State Dinner has Lincoln’s ghost absolving a lot of its sins in my book.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I think I posted it several pages ago but the “penny for his thoughts!” delivery is good enough to almost make State Dinner worth it

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Warbird posted:

The brisbyland one was pretty bad and I don't like the one with the deformed Dean clone either. I think love bheits is better than either of those. Hank going "they won't be expecting one lone warrior" still gets me every time. The one with the monarch having an allergic reaction is also not great. The monarch and 24 are nice to see together but the rest of that plot didn't make much sense.

I don't think state dinner is even in my bottom 5.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

The reaction to whatever sunchoke isn’t as haha funny as some but it had a huge amount of looks into the main characters lives and personalities. Like Rusty and Dr Mrs sitting talking about the old times and whatnot as well as 21s attempt at water torture and all that dumb poo poo is just so good taken as a part of a greater whole. I think that one has the ‘I hate myself more than most people hate their arches.’ bit.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I don't really like the Scooby Doo one, but "THIS DOG loving TALKS" is still a pretty good line

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Ah yeah I really disliked the failed Dean clone one on my rewatch, it just felt a bit too cruel for the punchline to be the clone being exploded

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
finally watched the movie. it was like, definitely a max budget version of three episodes as a b and c plots. on one hand i really wish there was clear resolution, but the show kind of exists in a "who gives a poo poo about the actual implications of this world and character arcs" realm so the ending didnt feel bad.

just made me realize how long ive been invested in this show and how much it changed and how much ive charged. i could see them maybe getting one actual Last Season but knowing doc and publick they would still end on an inconclusive note so idk.

its a good show. i liked it.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

There was a clear resolution, did you not see Rusty getting pantsed at the end???

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

yeah it's been said before how various season finales felt like they could have been series finales, and that's cause I don't think VB is the type of show where they are going to absolutely definitively end things to the point of like, flash forwarding to show Hank and Dean grown up and married with Rusty retired or whatever. it was always going to be like a "there's more adventures to be had but we've seen this slice of their lives and we know they are going to turn out okay in the end" style ending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
If I had to pick the worst episode, is Dr. Quymn, Medicine Woman. Just that whole episode rub me off the wrong way and Dean being forced by two girls was just nah. just nah.