Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

git apologist posted:

i really hate these shirts man

they might as well say ‘computers and being an rear end in a top hat is my personality’

that shirt would sell well regardless of the intended irony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheque_some
Dec 6, 2006
The Wizard of Menlo Park
I had a bunch of ThinkGeek shirts in HS, then I went to an engineering school for college and everyone wore them and I realized how dumb they were and stopped wearing them.

Nothing makes a "10 types of people in the world: those who know binary, and those who don't" shirt less funny than seeing it five times a day.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Apple's Macintosh LC line, where LC stood for "Low Cost Color"

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
32bit bus? mmu? don't need em when you only have 6mb ram

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
honestly the LC line was fine for what it was. we used em in school all the time and they did what we needed them to, what more could you ask for

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

wei had an LC520 when i was in middle school and high school, it had a built-in 2x cd-rom drive

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Kitfox88 posted:

Utilikilts

there used to be a dude at the local apple store who'd wear one. He was actually really good lookin and he'd go up to ladies and hit that captain morgan pose and be like "What can I do for you" and give a big smile and the ladies would get like all flustered, it was very funny.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

my "no I will not fix your computer" shirt was bought by a family member, because I was always fixing my family members' computers and she thought that was a funny in-joke? I guess? But it's like, great, that is funny for us, but I cannot wear this shirt in public

that's OK though, I'm sure she only paid $30 for it in 2002

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

cheque_some posted:

I had a bunch of ThinkGeek shirts in HS, then I went to an engineering school for college and everyone wore them and I realized how dumb they were and stopped wearing them.

Nothing makes a "10 types of people in the world: those who know binary, and those who don't" shirt less funny than seeing it five times a day.

this is that xkcd style of humour where smugly recognising a reference or parsing a simple thing that nerds don’t care about is considered the height of hilarity

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

git apologist posted:

this is that xkcd style of humour where smugly recognising a reference or parsing a simple thing that nerds don’t care about is considered the height of hilarity

it’s important to recognise this behaviour and react with cruel and incessant mockery lest we allow someone like that to write another Ready Player One

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

cheque_some posted:

"There's 10 types of people in the world: those who know binary, and those who have sex." always had a nice, mocking ring to it.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

armpit_enjoyer posted:

it’s important to recognise this behaviour and react with cruel and incessant mockery lest we allow someone like that to write another Ready Player One

there's literally a sequel.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i wonder. what's it named?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Jonny 290 posted:

i wonder. what's it named?

The Bus That Couldnt Slow Down

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ahahahahahah

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

Neito posted:

there's literally a sequel.

thanks my day is now Much Worse because of that knowledge

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

i would wear a t shirt with “i will fix your computer” in big large friendly letters on it

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

cheque_some posted:

yeah that's binary t-shirts 101

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

rotor posted:

The Bus That Couldnt Slow Down

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

booooooooo

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

:catstare:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:yosnice:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ugh

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
there was another shirt that said "i read your email", which the intent was clearly to mean that as a super cool admin guy they habitually snoop on your emails, but it just looked like a weird shirt confirming that the wearer had reviewed one single email you, the viewer, had sent them

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

armpit_enjoyer posted:

thanks my day is now Much Worse because of that knowledge

they also made a movie out of ready player one

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

you're all just jealous of the money I'm going to make selling that on a tshirt

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:pwn:

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah and they were all extremely overpriced. i think i remember paying like $30 for a variety pack of caffeinated poo poo that should've been $10 at the most

nice racket if you can keep it i guess, but it clearly didn't work out for them lol

i remember discovering that compusa was selling both penguin mints (caffeinated anti-constipation mints) and also bawls and was so happy about it

also i definitely had the caffeine molecule shirt. christ, what an rear end in a top hat

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
I met a goon irl once and I was wearing an enclothe shirt and he was annoyed because he was "the guy that wore enclothe shirts" in the group lol

i still think my enclothe flaming pirate ship hoodie is cool but I can't remember what the tshirts looked like

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i had one with leia, chewie and han, but leia was also holding a little baby wookie and han had a "?!" bubble over his head. it was funny at the time i swear

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
tshirthell

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

i liked shirt woot, i havent looked in a decade but assume its trash now if it even still exists

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

I still have 1 or 2 threadless shirts from when threadless was a thing.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

yeah i have a threadless shirt somewhere, also a teefury studio ghibli shirt which i'm very fond of

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Progressive JPEG posted:

i liked shirt woot, i havent looked in a decade but assume its trash now if it even still exists

since amazon bought them, the humor is gone from that place

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

I remember browsing Archie McPhee store in 2000, being amazed at what seems to be utter creativity and wackyness unavailable in my east euro wasteland

But also, Archie McPhee is still going on

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i wore the communist party threadless shirt in the mid 2000s

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I used it as my desktop background 1024x768 baby!!!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The FAST anti-piracy adverts, these fucken grasses man

http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/antipiracy.htm

They may exist in a larger scale in some Archive.org computer mags of the time, I will keep an eye out as these here^^ seem to be the best the Internet has to offer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

polyester concept posted:

i wore the communist party threadless shirt in the mid 2000s

same lol

I think I still have it, it's been in the bottom of a drawer for 15 years (what the gently caress)