Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Grem posted:

I'm still amazed that the guy who played the quintessential white bread protagonist of the biggest Space Opera franchise revitalized his career by playing a murderous clown

What movie is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Elias_Maluco posted:

What movie is that?

No movie, Batman The Animated Series.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

BlackIronHeart posted:

I had no idea Mark Hamill did that

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
And the Arkham games

I feel like Mark is the Joker at this point. I can't read anything about him without his voice

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

BlackIronHeart posted:

He was amazing in the Arkham Asylum game too

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Grem posted:

I'm still amazed that the guy who played the quintessential white bread protagonist of the biggest Space Opera franchise revitalized his career by playing a murderous clown

He really is very talented:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL-VHe_4GmE

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Hamill was the voice of the Joker for decades, only retiring and handing it to Alan Tudyk when the Harley Quinn show started a few years ago.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Arkham City was supposed to be his last time doing the voice, I think; it's getting harder to do as he's getting older, but he'll always be Joker to me.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Alan Tudyk has a mean Ed Wynn impression too

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

IIRC, Hamill said something about quitting the Joker for good when Kevin Conroy died. Can't be the Joker without his Batman.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Khizan posted:

IIRC, Hamill said something about quitting the Joker for good when Kevin Conroy died. Can't be the Joker without his Batman.

Aw hell :(

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Hamill's voice career is way more interesting than his live action career.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
This is Corvette Summer erasure and I won't stand for it

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Mark Hamill is the voice of skips in regular show.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Mark Hamill is the voice of skips in regular show.

ZINGO!

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
He's also the mysterious half man Salacia in Metalocalypse.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

The Jackie Daytona ep of What We Do in the Shadows is amazing.

https://youtu.be/cLHxgl6xmnM?si=Hz8t-IORYLTJ26L3

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 17, 2023

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/batshit_media/status/1703257351640551688?s=20

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Takes No Damage posted:

And he so rarely does interviews and is famously grumpy in the ones he does do it's more rare to see him cutting loose a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAb8KIhgVAI

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Grey Cat posted:

Hamill's voice career is way more interesting than his live action career.

Nah, his high point was really in Wing Commanders

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
I've said this on here somewhere before, but I've always wanted to go to a sci-fi convention, meet Mark Hamill, and tell him how much I liked him in Sam Fuller's The Big Red One.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Arkham City was supposed to be his last time doing the voice, I think; it's getting harder to do as he's getting older, but he'll always be Joker to me.

He came back for Arkham Knight, possibly because it was a really cool use of the character

Khizan posted:

This is utterly proper :unsmith:

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Nenonen posted:

Unfortunately, it's hard to stand out when you've got Malcom McDowell chewing the scenery like nobody's business.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Nenonen posted:

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

haveblue posted:

He came back for Arkham Knight, possibly because it was a really cool use of the character

So glad he did, this diddy he sang in Arkham Knight was amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JldMIRx3w-4

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Harrison Ford is like a lot of the functional pot heads I know: hilarious and chill when high, absolutely miserable when not.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

This is awesome. Strong Snatch "Do you like dags?" energy.

Is that from Orgasmo?! Its been too long since I've seen that movie.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

limp_cheese posted:

Is that from Orgasmo?! Its been too long since I've seen that movie.

Thats CockKnocker from Jay and Silent Bob.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
https://i.imgur.com/M4Zfv6Y.mp4

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Mister Speaker posted:

Canonically the music the cantina band is playing is called 'jizz', which is just hilarious because it's a perfect example of how Lucas is just this innocent little nerd, I wonder if he told anyone that in a pitch meeting and they were just like "shh don't tell him what it means it'll be funny."

Buddy of mine, at this Star Wars RPG I'm a part of, usually waits until I have a mouthfull of something before talking about "wailing that jizz" so I do a spit-take.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Thank you for this. That made my day better. :)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I wasnt allowed to watch or play with HeMan toys because they were all secret occult things

When I was a kid my mum was way into being a Jehovah's Witness and tried to drag us along as well. When the guy who was doing bible study with me discovered that I played role-playing games, he carted out all the "it's a gateway to satanism, it teaches you spells and how to worship demons" poo poo. I countered with Traveller, which was a hardcore sci-fi RPG with zero magic in it which we played mostly, and after a while he proclaimed that it was also forbidden because it's wrong to "assume a role other than that which Jehovah gave you".

I wish I'd thought to ask him his thoughts on the weird bible plays people put on at conventions etc.

Schadenfreude's on them though, eventually their dumb bullshit pushed me out to the point where I was no longer eligible to avoid military service as a Jehovah's Witness, so I did my time in the Finnish Defence Force, learned a lot of confidence and motivation, and went on to get my high school diploma, and then a Master's Degree. Thanks for being intolerant shitheads, guys!

E: as a final lovely little coda, literally one month before my year was up, the elders from my old congregation called me up to let me know that they were very disappointed in me, but Jehovah forgives and if I'm willing to immediately stop my military service and go to prison instead, maybe there's a way back for me. I laughed at them and hung up.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Sep 17, 2023

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

That’s a murder attempt

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Seth Pecksniff posted:

And the Arkham games

I feel like Mark is the Joker at this point. I can't read anything about him without his voice
I recall him doing a bit where he was reading Trump tweets in the Joker's voice and it was loving :discourse:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Elias_Maluco posted:

That’s a murder attempt

I can't be sure because you can't see a lot of it but it looks like they cut off the truck in the left lane and end up getting squeezed. With how small a bicycle is and how close they are I wouldn't be shocked if neither trucker had any idea they were there.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Baron von Eevl posted:

I can't be sure because you can't see a lot of it but it looks like they cut off the truck in the left lane and end up getting squeezed. With how small a bicycle is and how close they are I wouldn't be shocked if neither trucker had any idea they were there.

Also there's obstacles on the right side of the road, the truck on the right lane has to steer left and since it's in a curve there's already a bit of geometrical problem with two long trucks driving side by side. The cyclist unfortunately couldn't see the obstacle ahead but it's probably unadvisable to get between two wide trucks because there's so little margin for error.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Elias_Maluco posted:

That’s a murder attempt

looks more like the truck driver made a mistake in getting too close to the other lane while not seeing the bicyclist, because how the gently caress would you even see them there or expect them to pass in between lanes so dangerously. Bicyclist is the prime idiot here.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Elias_Maluco posted:

That’s a murder attempt

no that's a suicide attempt

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Large Testicles posted:

no that's a suicide attempt

Yeah I'm really curious what the hell the guy was thinking joining highway traffic on a bike at all. And then trying to lane split at speed and around a curve and with trucks involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

haveblue posted:

Yeah I'm really curious what the hell the guy was thinking joining highway traffic on a bike at all. And then trying to lane split at speed and around a curve and with trucks involved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3nMnr8ZirI&t=8s