Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah I wasted my #1 waiver spot last week and had no chance in the one league we use waivers over FAAB.

I'm of the opinion that waivers suck actually and every league should have FAAB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

kiimo posted:

:yeah:

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004

Mikey Purp posted:

In my super flex league I have a glut of good to great RBs but my QBs are Daniel Jones and Justin Fields, which is making me uneasy. Both of those guys could stabilize, but right now it's a rollercoaster every Sunday.

I am trying to work out a 1for1 trade of one of these guys for someone like Herbert, Lamar, Tua. How would you rank them ROS?

Ken Walker
Kyren Williams
James Connor
DeAndre Swift
Raheem Mostert
Jerome Ford

I’m in a similar situation. In super flex, I don’t think any of those qb owners would trade for one of those RB’s. I’m currently trying to trade ford for love which I think is closer.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Our leagues waiver orders reset each week in inverse order, which is both kind of fair and lovely. I did claim Allgeier off waivers, but haven't claimed anyone since, but every week since I'm set to last place and get last priority on any of the waivers for that week. So I just lost a dude? Too bad, you get the 10th best player for that position this week.

In 1 hand, it's kinda fair, but in the other hand, all my next leagues will be FAAB.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

My RB situation is so dire.
-Barkley
-Pierce
-Charbonnet
-Bigsby

Just picked up Hunt and am looking to pick up another now that Barkley can be moved to IR. Charbonnet could have a decent game since it’s rainy and against Carolina, but man. Strongly considering picking up Spears.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

Yeah I wasted my #1 waiver spot last week and had no chance in the one league we use waivers over FAAB.

I’m on the fence. I like FAAB waivers but there is a nice strategic element of “is it worth using my waiver” in leagues that don’t reset weekly priority. FAAB is the fairest though.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Docjowles posted:

Speaking of the Packers is Christian Watson going to freaking play this season? Not hearing anything about him whatsoever. Dude is just chilling in my IR as perpetually Questionable

Christian W(H)AT(THEHELLAREYOUGONNAPLAY)son, amirite?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Who would you rather have in 10 team PPR?

Herbert
or
Spears

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Chernabog posted:

Who would you rather have in 10 team PPR?

Herbert
or
Sharpe

There are so many ways to misinterpet this post, that I sort of love it.

This is ... Khalil Herbert and... Spears, right?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah, lol. Realized kinda late I meant Spears. And it is K. Herbert.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Chernabog posted:

Yeah, lol. Realized kinda late I meant Spears. And it is K. Herbert.

I've also done the Tajae Sharp(e) thing too with him. Brings back excellent (no) memories of Sharp. Same team too, if I recall.

Man, I don't know. I'd have to know what your team looks like and your bench and... all of that. Spears is good for the chance Henry goes down -- but has stand-alone value too (barely so far). Khalil is tough because he has stand-alone value but it's low, but could be big on just one run in any given game. If Roschon gets injured Herbert will be the main guy. I mean, there's Foreman too, but it doesn't seem like he'll be much unless both are injured.

It's close. I guess I'd like to have both. Yep, the best non-answer in town.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
In TE purgatory with Njoku and sitting here staring profusely at Taysom on FA.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

EconDad posted:

I've also done the Tajae Sharp(e) thing too with him. Brings back excellent (no) memories of Sharp. Same team too, if I recall.

Man, I don't know. I'd have to know what your team looks like and your bench and... all of that. Spears is good for the chance Henry goes down -- but has stand-alone value too (barely so far). Khalil is tough because he has stand-alone value but it's low, but could be big on just one run in any given game. If Roschon gets injured Herbert will be the main guy. I mean, there's Foreman too, but it doesn't seem like he'll be much unless both are injured.

RB: Jacobs and Kyren
WR: JJ and Allen
Flex: Puka
Bench: Godwin, Jeudy, Ford, Herbert, Monty.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

EconDad posted:

Oh god drat that's it. Every time I heard about Tyjae Spears as a rookie on the Titans this summer it sounded wrong. Like hasn't he already been there for years :confused: My damaged brain was remembering Tajae Sharpe lol

Anyway I would prefer Spears. I think it is only a matter of time til Roschon takes over as the top RB in Chicago. In fact I just got a Sleeper notification to that effect as I was writing this heh

Spears could be this year's Rachaad White, where literally everyone is waiting for him to take over and it never happens. But I (unfortunately) believe the chances of Henry getting hurt or finally wearing down are high, and if he does, Spears is gonna be great

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 20, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

VietCampo posted:

In TE purgatory with Njoku and sitting here staring profusely at Taysom on FA.

Do it. At least until Kamara comes back.

Taysom's saving grace is that while he's not good at any position, he can fill in in a bunch of spots, so he gets more points if any of NO's skill position players goes down. Like he's cannibalizing a few points at TE, a few at RB, one or two QB snaps.

Just parasitically leaching off the rest of the team to fill his TE POINTS guage.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
WELP, I don't like carrying a backup QB but with Fields as my keeper and all this recent drama around him, I picked up Jordan Love as a hedge, just in case this all goes to poo poo.

He's been average but not a dumpster fire in our scoring.

I dropped Zay Jones (Burks, Woods on the bench) because that's looking like a nightmare fight for targets with Kirk and he's hurt anyway.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I don't like carrying a backup QB either, but i've still got Daniel Jones on my bench it gives me some kind of option in a setting where I basically don't have any other one. Push comes to shove, Jalen Hurts gets injured: I've got Daniel Jones. If he has a good week: I've got him to trade. If any other QB gets hurt: I've got him to trade.

There is just nothing I would possibly drop him for on waivers. I've got about the most B-grade team you could ever ask for and it's working out. I'm waiting for me to get by that injury though. I'm due for it.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

Do it. At least until Kamara comes back.

Taysom's saving grace is that while he's not good at any position, he can fill in in a bunch of spots, so he gets more points if any of NO's skill position players goes down. Like he's cannibalizing a few points at TE, a few at RB, one or two QB snaps.

Just parasitically leaching off the rest of the team to fill his TE POINTS guage.

He will run this week with Tony Jones, and Kendre Miller, but Kamara does come back next week.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Silly Burrito posted:

He will run this week with Tony Jones, and Kendre Miller, but Kamara does come back next week.

Really? Nuts, I thought it was a 4-game suspension.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

Really? Nuts, I thought it was a 4-game suspension.

I mean, even with Kamara they’ll still run some trick plays with Taysom.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Perhaps if I ignore the running back position entirely it will go away

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Screw it, it's Taysom time for this week.

Can't do much worse for me than the 3.5 average Njoku's been giving me.

edit: Akers to the Vikings

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Sep 20, 2023

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

My buddy dropped Kamara week 1, and nobody has taken him yet. Should I go ahead and take him? Seems like kind of a no brainer since my RB room is shite

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
The same person in my no bench league has had Kamara since the draft, I play them week 5.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

should absolutely stash kamara.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

VietCampo posted:

Screw it, it's Taysom time for this week.

Can't do much worse for me than the 3.5 average Njoku's been giving me.

edit: Akers to the Vikings

Great sign for all my Mattison shares that the feel the need to add washed-rear end Akers to the backfield :shepicide:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Think I'll just let my kids take over managing my Chubb/Mattison teams.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I have Ekeler, Mostert, Cam Akers, Justice Hill and Charbonnet at RB. Ekeler didn't practice, Akers either won't play or will be limited by not knowing the playbook if traded, Hill has turf toe and didn't practice. Should I drop one of those guys for Breida or Roschon Johnson, who are currently free agents in this league? I'm thinking drop Hill for Brieda. I remember turf toe being real bad for a rb and lingering forever.

Oh awesome the Akers news broke as I was typing that, and to my home team too. Still I wonder how much he'll actually be used this week, but Hockenson did hit the ground running after being traded last year.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

there's also the fact cam akers just isn't very good and is now behind an even worse o-line.

just avoid mn's running game at this point.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I thought i was floating pretty high after draft time with Pollard, Gibbs, Mixon, Mattison, and Gibson as my 5 RB's. Thought i was gonna finally be set at RB for once.

At least Pollard and Gibbs have been good as my starters. The other 3 not so much.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
And Akers is getting traded to the Vikings. What should I do with Mattison?

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

abelwingnut posted:

there's also the fact cam akers just isn't very good and is now behind an even worse o-line.

just avoid mn's running game at this point.

I'd love to but one of my two currently healthy rbs is now tied to it. Their O line has been real banged up but they just signed another guy there and some more will be returning soon so I'm going to look on the bright side. Still might drop Hill for Brieda in the short term, although it looks like the giants have several injuries on their line too.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

ShowTime posted:

I'd hold onto him for now. At worst it'll be a committee situation and like I said their O line play should be improving in the coming weeks.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Push comes to shove I guess I can move Rhamondre into his position. But now Tyreek Hill is having ankle issues so my lineup that I set this morning and was like "yea, just gotta check it in the mornings with my coffee" is becoming "okay, gotta think". I thought this was gonna be an easy week.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Mattison was effective spelling Cook, he's not completely awful. He's been getting hit something like 1.5 yards past the line of scrimmage, which tells me the blocking isn't there. I might just have to wait for more info in my situation too but the guy I'm playing still has chubb in his starting lineup so grabbing probably his best option to fill in there is appealing. I just spent $11 on Hill last week though. Argh injuries.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

abelwingnut posted:

there's also the fact cam akers just isn't very good

I feel like people overthink this one thing about fantasy football too often.

Don't take players who AREN'T GOOD, especially for your bench. At some point I don't care what the makeup of the team is, if a guy kinda sucks I'm going to assume that he won't get a lot of touches, or even if he gets touches at first eventually he won't.

I'm comfortable saying that Mattison is the superior RB to Akers. Very comfortable tbh. Heck when he was backing up Dalvin Cook sometimes he looked just as good. Vikings gotta figure out their running game but they should eventually get a bit better at least.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

ShowTime posted:

https://www.liquor.com/the-best-cheap-whiskeys-5202193

Not specifically because of Akers, I am just bummed about how bad he has been so far heh

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

ShowTime posted:

Push comes to shove I guess I can move Rhamondre into his position. But now Tyreek Hill is having ankle issues so my lineup that I set this morning and was like "yea, just gotta check it in the mornings with my coffee" is becoming "okay, gotta think". I thought this was gonna be an easy week.

Rhamondre is better than Mattison even before they traded for Akers. He should be in your lineup every week.

Feeling better about my Mattison for Jeudy trade now! Even though I'm going to be starting Jaylen Warren and Roschon Johnson this week now that Saquon died lol

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

ShowTime posted:

Tyreek is having WHAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
He was limited at practice today due to ankle issues. It's probably nothing. I hope it's nothing.

And the reason I was running Mattison over Rhamondre this week is because he's playing the jets and their defensive line is pretty good.