Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
My blue Pro Max just looks almost black, kinda disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Any verdicts on the in person 15 Pro colors?

I like the natural and feel like I made the right choice. Under the back glass it just looks silver but the exposed titanium bits are quite nice looking.

Thing just feels a lot better in my hands.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
Oh good my esim won’t activate because of course it won’t. Well I’ll enjoy a glorified ipod until I can get to an AT&T next week.

Nodelphi fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Sep 23, 2023

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Nodelphi posted:

Oh good my estimate won’t activate because of course it won’t. Well I’ll enjoy a glorified ipod until I can get to an AT&T next week.

You’ll only feel poor for a little while longer :v:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Man you aren’t kidding. The weight between my 13 Pro and new 15 pro is really noticeable.
Ya all the techtubers and nerds on social media saying you wouldn't notice the 19g reduction from the 14P to 15P are, as usual, talking out their rear end on things about which they have little to no experience and/or expertise.

A golf club, specifically a driver, weighs about 320g and I can instantly tell a 10g difference and pretty reliably tell a 5g difference. When swinging a driver, I can tell a 2g difference. A 19g difference is in a phone is MASSIVE, especially since it's a 50% greater percentage change.

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Any verdicts on the in person 15 Pro colors?
Blue is beautiful (recorded on my 13 Pro before I wiped it). Concerns about fingerprints on the band are 110% overblown.
https://i.imgur.com/lbAfbSf.mp4

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 23, 2023

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

oh yeah that's a nice blue

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I was worried that blue would be very navy/black, but it's pretty nice. The Titanium band is pretty blackish, though.

I can't remember whether I already posted this but Thunderbolt docks work, including ethernet.
I was wondering whether ethernet counts as "wifi" for the purposes of downloads (including in Overcast) and it does.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Made a reservation to geta green iPhone 15, but that pink one is the nicest looking one of them all (besides the matte black that looks almost exactly like the pro version).

Am i a bad enough dude to daily a pink phone?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Rageaholic posted:

This doesn't look dark blue at all! :wtf:

You are right- I think my 13 Pro did some weird color correction algorithm since the MBA is dark as well. Here’s a photo with a more colorful background

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I find the titanium one looks more blue if you view it off-center. It's nearly black straight-on.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mister Facetious posted:

Made a reservation to geta green iPhone 15, but that pink one is the nicest looking one of them all (besides the matte black that looks almost exactly like the pro version).

Am i a bad enough dude to daily a pink phone?
One of my past iPhones was a rose gold model (so pink) that I got because it was the only one available at the time. I had a case on it so it's not like you could ever see the pink anyway.

I say do it!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I seriously wish Apple would just go with screaming pink as a color.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

One of my past iPhones was a rose gold model (so pink) that I got because it was the only one available at the time. I had a case on it so it's not like you could ever see the pink anyway.

I say do it!

I always get cases with clear/frosted backs so I can see the logo :allears:

Also, I paid for a color; I want to see it.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Regular iPhone 15 colors this year are terrible, no idea why Apple thought they would look good. My mother in law went from a yellow 11 -> yellow 15 and the difference is pretty crazy.

Just in case anyone else (like me) can't figure out what that one missing icon on your home screen is after a phone transfer, check Testflight, I 100% forgot those don't redownload after a phone transfer.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
The 5C blue is the best color they’ve ever done

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Maneki Neko posted:

Regular iPhone 15 colors this year are terrible, no idea why Apple thought they would look good. My mother in law went from a yellow 11 -> yellow 15 and the difference is pretty crazy.

The yellow is easily the worst. The blue is literally that dress meme where people were arguing what color it actually was, but the yellow is like sun bleached wallpaper. :-s

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I do like how the back glass isnt glossy on the base models but it seems like that would make them slippery and the process they use kinda makes the colors look dull. still a good tradeoff though, the glossy back glass is my least favorite thing about my 13mini

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rolo posted:

The 12 Pro Pacific Blue is the best color they’ve ever done

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

How in the gently caress do I nuke Fox News as a suggestion what the loving gently caress

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Rolo posted:

The 5C blue is the best color they’ve ever done

I’m honestly baffled why those didn’t sell very well (according to Apple)- they were really good looking

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I love the slightly rounded corners, gently caress those old sharp edges

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

The Pro blue is great. I immediately slapped it into the midnight blue MagSafe silicon case. And it seems that the silicon this year isn’t nearly as sticky as the one I had on my 13 Pro, thankfully.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

update: UPS guy delivered called my speaker and i picked up and said "okay i'll be right down" and then when i got down there he said, "you gotta tell me if you're home or not" which i assumed was implied when i said, "ill be right down".. but i guess not?

i got it now though

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I’m honestly baffled why those didn’t sell very well (according to Apple)- they were really good looking

They were way too expensive for what they were.

I'm not used to the phone size still after 3 years of an SE, but I'm learning gestures pretty well even if the app switcher gesture is kinda dumb. I am enjoying how on screen controls in games are way more useable on a bigger screen though, I can actually play Genshin semi-competantly now.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I’m liking my dark blue - it matches my MBA pretty well

Nice, I think I will get the gold one too.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

How in the gently caress do I nuke Fox News as a suggestion what the loving gently caress

Settings > Safari > kill one or both of the suggestion fields

Weedle
May 31, 2006

njsykora posted:

They were way too expensive for what they were.

I'm not used to the phone size still after 3 years of an SE, but I'm learning gestures pretty well even if the app switcher gesture is kinda dumb. I am enjoying how on screen controls in games are way more useable on a bigger screen though, I can actually play Genshin semi-competantly now.

mad respect for playing genshin on an se. that’s dedication

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Weedle posted:

mad respect for playing genshin on an se. that’s dedication

Those commissions aren't going to do themselves. Still need to fiddle with settings though, high settings at 30fps is probably best for battery but dammit I got home from work with 60% I have energy to spare give me 60fps.

Honkai Star Rail at 120 is completely needless though.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Strong Sauce posted:

update: UPS guy delivered called my speaker and i picked up and said "okay i'll be right down" and then when i got down there he said, "you gotta tell me if you're home or not" which i assumed was implied when i said, "ill be right down".. but i guess not?

i got it now though

My ups guy said that too. He also commented on the lightness of my other delivery: a box of furnace filters.

What are some good things I could do with the dynamic island that aren’t Uber related

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Anyone having issues with USB-C cables being loose? I bought a bunch of Anker USB-A to C cables and using wired CarPlay in my wife’s car constantly connects and disconnects.

We have a 10–port USB-A charger in the kitchen and none of these cables charge my phone nor my wife’s. If I plug them into a different charging brick with 2 C ports and 1 A, it works just fine.

Not sure if it’s just the brand but Anker has always been solid for me. And of course I pitched the boxes last week so I’m stuck with em.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Sep 23, 2023

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Dynamic island is dumb. It just means we’re locked into at least four iPhone cycles where they won’t improve it into a tiny dot or nothingness.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Strong Sauce posted:

I wonder if it's due to the internet doorbells where you can unlock your front door for a delivery from your office or whatever, and they're not meant to do that.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The bezel of the 15 Pro is noticeably thinner than my old 13 Pro. It’s the change I’m liking the most so far.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Am I dumb or if you assign the action button to something like camera, can you still use it to silence / unsilence your phone or do you have to go through control center?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Boris Galerkin posted:

It's probably inferring something about you based on your profile and behavior, in which case the answer would be to live differently.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Disappointing Pie posted:

Am I dumb or if you assign the action button to something like camera, can you still use it to silence / unsilence your phone or do you have to go through control center?
No, you have to use control center.

I suspect they’ll introduce double click or something to retain the mute function in iOS 18.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Dogen posted:

My ups guy said that too. He also commented on the lightness of my other delivery: a box of furnace filters.

What are some good things I could do with the dynamic island that aren’t Uber related

You can follow some (but not all) live sports in the Apple TV app and the live score will appear in the island. MLB works. Not certain which others.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Zero One posted:

You can follow some (but not all) live sports in the Apple TV app and the live score will appear in the island. MLB works. Not certain which others.

Oh that’s cool actually, although if I have to follow every game instead of having it auto show the score for whatever team I’d not bother that’s too much hassle

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The island will show album art and track name when a new track starts in Apple Music. No idea if Spotify's bothered using it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectracide
May 27, 2004
IT'S ARGH, BABY!
Whyyy does pairing my Watch with a new iPhone always fail

edit: As usual, fixed with a reset of the watch. Having had two watches and multiple iPhones, I don't think I've ever had it Just Work™ where the two stay connected after upgrading one or other.

Spectracide fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 23, 2023