Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
If you are just joining us now, Tracy Jordan is giving guitar icon Peter Frampton enigmatic clues to a secret treasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faucet Drinker
Apr 10, 2007

There's work to be done. [Rolling up sleeves] Hand me that shovel so I can dig a grave for her!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

potee posted:

If you are just joining us now, Tracy Jordan is giving guitar icon Peter Frampton enigmatic clues to a secret treasure.

Every single line Larry King had was amazing

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

When Don was first taking me under his wing, he and I would sit on the veranda of his home in Connecticut, talking about business, politics, how to avoid getting paper cuts while making love on a pile of money.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Sash! posted:

"Expand on that."

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Sash! posted:

I am gonna hang up, but not because you told me! :colbert:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

PizzaProwler posted:

"Expand on that."

The streets won't be safe. There'll be graffiti everywhere. And the movies will only cost $3.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Are you getting enough vitamin C? I think you should messily eat an orange while I photograph you."

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in my office, trying to have it all!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"You thumb with a wig! Those gifts were supposed to go to the sixtieth floor!"
"I'm sorry, sir. It was all my fault."
"Good job, Jack! Blame it on an albino. Classic because it works! "

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
You just threw paint
on a nobody, who can't even siiiiiing

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

GoutPatrol posted:

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be in my office, trying to have it all!

He's got it all figured out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I wanted to meet the person who has been lighting me so beautifully all this time... do you know where they are, little boy?

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Thundercracker posted:

You just threw paint
on a nobody, who can't even siiiiiing
Jane Krakowski is amazing.

What's the best Jenna Maroney Sings bit?
Her interrupting/taking over Hazel's Amazing Grace has got to be at the top.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"Tracy, I'd hate for people to realize that your 'charity' is just a front that has done nothing to make this country safer from Godzilla attacks."
"If anything, I've increased the likelihood!

E:

"Excuse me I have to take this. Hello, is this pizza?"

E2:

"Going mano-a-mano against a real adversary... me. It's the ultimate game. Jack Donaghy... playing with himself... it's a jack-off."

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Sep 29, 2023

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Slamhound posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uANsFziGObs]

BooDooBoo fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Sep 29, 2023

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

When did gum get so soft, you sons of bitches? You know what this country used to chew? Tree bark. Glass. Shotgun shells. The broken swords of our vanquished enemies.

That's why I buy Bazooka Joe Gum. It's like chewing a mountain that someone shot a freeze ray into.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Slamhound posted:

Secret plan, revenge on myyy miiind

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's not so much funny as I have very warm memories of it, but Jenna and Canadian Josh singing a duet where he makes a point of not outshining her was wonderful.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Jenna with the yips (and the moment of her cure) is some of the best poo poo Jane ever does on 30 Rock.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MokBa posted:

Jenna with the yips (and the moment of her cure) is some of the best poo poo Jane ever does on 30 Rock.

Pete reaching over his shoulder to draw an arrow from the cupid statue's quiver was a small, genius touch.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

"The lack of oxygen is making me orgasm!" is so goddamn funny

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
I have very strict birthday rules. One... birthday boy always sleeps in the largest tiger cage.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Slamhound posted:

Flern.

Though "synonym's just another word for the word you wanna' use" is right up there.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"OK, Jenna. I think I know what your problem is: it's the yips."
"When will congress pass a law to get those bastards out of our country?"

E:

"This is it, Lutz. The Ikea parking lot. If you can't close the deal here, you're on your own."
"Back in the day, you know how many women me and Lamar Odom's dad picked up here? And keep in mind, back then this was a marsh where people came to shoot at fish!"

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Oct 3, 2023

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Listen to me, dammit, I'm a doctor!

OF HISTORY!

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I will not be spoken to this way. I am a contest winner, and a professor at Bennington College.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"We have to take matters into our own hands!"
"I agree."
"You do!? OH NO!"

E:

"Really, Trump? My idea is stupid? Well you make your hair every morning by sticking your head in a cotton candy machine!"

E2:

"Plaxico Burress just called our idea 'poorly thought out' and then hung up by shooting his own phone."

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

This is what you're doing!

I'm driving a bus?

You're opening the floodgates!

With a horizontal wheel?

Floodgate wheels are horizontal!

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Something terrible has happened! And for once, I'm not talking about the collapse of the middle class!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Everyone knows Fat Bitch died at the end.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

We're on our way to Tokyo. We're out over the ocean, and the cabin pressure drops. The masks are coming out of the ceiling, and the corks are popping out of the champagne bottles. I don't give a drat about the masks. I'm on all fours trying to shove the corks back in the bottles. And Don Geiss says, "Now, there's an executive who knows how to keep his costs down!"

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
A number of minor character actors from 30 Rock show up across various episodes of Only Murders In The Building, one of which was the lady who played Dr. Drew's "mother" and of course all I could think was

You have to tell him or I won't get into Heaven.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"Mr. Donaghy would like to inform you that, 'unfortunately due to the Obama worldwide recession, there will be no Leap Day bonuses this year. Mean laughter, sound of a drink being poured. What are you writing now, you slack-jawed donkey?'"

E:

"What am I gonna do with all this free food? 'Remember where I came from'... but we all came from the sea. Sea, like the letter 'C' which is a part of the alphabet... alphabet SOUP... SOUP KITCHEN! ... Kitchen..."
"Naw, naw, don't keep going!"
"The Kitchen debate with Richard Nixon..."

Tracy Morgan is just incredible, and Hannibal Buress is also pure gold.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Oct 6, 2023

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

A number of minor character actors from 30 Rock show up across various episodes of Only Murders In The Building, one of which was the lady who played Dr. Drew's "mother" and of course all I could think was

You have to tell him or I won't get into Heaven.

So Drew was never originally meant to be an idiot, right? Like...those first few episodes he seems normal?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

From what I can tell, yes, he was always supposed to be an idiot

The three episodes were written together as a three episodes arc. My guess is that he was always an idiot, but were only see it as Liz gets to know him and slowly realize that he's a moron.

Likely a Class A Moron, but it is unclear if he has the proper documentation like Jack.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"'P.S. I Love You' is so sad! No one should have to be married to Gerard Butler. Or Hilary Swank!"

E:

once again some great Tracy adlibbing during the credits from his Magical Negro movie:

"Well, maybe I never did go to college or travel around the world... So I don't know much about worldly things like taco meat and having all your fingers."

"Lord knows some of my friends are just shrubs I put hats on and get high with."

"My wife had two of the president's babies, and you're one of 'em."

"I can tell you one thing... I'm gonna kill all y'all in y'all sleep."

"Now, I don't know nothing about no literature or history, but I'll tell you what I do know. This movie was written by white nerds."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Tracy Morgan is just incredible, and Hannibal Buress is also pure gold.

I just saw the episode where Jack brings him (Hannibal) into 30 Rock in a wild attempt to cover up his sexual yearning for Avery's mother, which results in them doing a pop-up restaurant serving Burger King and Jack being locked into having to be a public "kiss to say hello" person. :allears:

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

DrBouvenstein posted:

So Drew was never originally meant to be an idiot, right? Like...those first few episodes he seems normal?

You got fooled by The Bubble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Jerusalem posted:

I just saw the episode where Jack brings him (Hannibal) into 30 Rock in a wild attempt to cover up his sexual yearning for Avery's mother, which results in them doing a pop-up restaurant serving Burger King and Jack being locked into having to be a public "kiss to say hello" person. :allears:

"She loved pee!"