Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

ChocolatePancake posted:

My only concern is next week playing the Rams.
One of my leagues has Colts, Browns, Bengals, & Steelers all available and I'm trying to decide which one to stick with for a while.

Browns are the best hold.

Reminder that when in doubt, just choose the DST that Vegas says will allow their opponents to score the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there any reason for me to be holding on to AJ Dillon as an Aaron Jones handcuff? The last few years it seemed like Dillon was gonna transition to being the better back, but he looks like dogshit this year.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

RCarr posted:

Is there any reason for me to be holding on to AJ Dillon as an Aaron Jones handcuff? The last few years it seemed like Dillon was gonna transition to being the better back, but he looks like dogshit this year.

Not if there is someone else that catches your eye. I am hodling him in the SA Beer league, but that's a 12 team league with big benches so there isn't anyone else worth a poo poo to drop him for. Still didn't start him, even after losing Chubb.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

RCarr posted:

You answered your own question. The whole point of a handcuff is that they will come in and perform if the starter goes down. Well, Jones went down and Dillon didn't do poo poo. And now Jones is (probably) back. Drop his rear end for like literally anyone else.

e: yeah unless it's a super deep league I guess

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Dillon has basically never been good. That's always been my opinion. Good thing the group is sort of coming around.

Right about Dillon /// Wrong about Najee. Can't win 'em all.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

I have LaPorta and Waller, and I feel like I’m going to always choose the wrong one each week and get screwed because of it!

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Docjowles posted:

You answered your own question. The whole point of a handcuff is that they will come in and perform if the starter goes down. Well, Jones went down and Dillon didn't do poo poo.

This is why I jettisoned Joshua Kelley this week

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Should I pick up Russ for $1 for this week and play him over Lamar? I’m 1-2 and my RBs are shot (started with Chubb/JK, down to a rotation of Kyren/Jaylen/Joshua Kelley). I can’t afford a down week from QB so I’m hoping for an 18 point floor against the Bears D. Is that too much to ask? Russ has seemed decent to start the season despite the team looking terrible.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Wild ride on waivers overnight. I got Love for $9, beating a $8 bid :smug: So I’m off the Danny Dimes ride. Missed out on Achane cause a dude who hasn’t bid on anyone yet spent almost his entire budget, can’t really be mad about that.

One team bid $69 on Adam Thielen :confused: The next highest bid was like $10

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

He's WR9 on the season so far, so that's not super crazy to me if you think he can keep up the pace

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Cnidario posted:

I have LaPorta and Waller, and I feel like I’m going to always choose the wrong one each week and get screwed because of it!

One more poo poo week out of Waller and you can drop him. Giants offense is a loving tire fire and they've got an awful schedule.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

ranbo das posted:

He's WR9 on the season so far, so that's not super crazy to me if you think he can keep up the pace

Didn’t see all of the game Sunday but when I was Dalton was peppering Thielen with targets

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

It sounds like Bryce Young is back so the Dalton/Thielen grizzled veteran bromance isn't going to be a long term thing (until Bryce breaks again in like 2 weeks)

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

ElectricRelaxation posted:

What's the feeling on Goedert? I picked up LaPorta and I know it's tough to trust rookie TEs but he's looked pretty good, while on the other hand the Eagles passing game is still not quite right. I'll have to drop someone for a kicker by Sunday, and it'll probably have to be either one of those TEs or Tyjae Spears. Am I crazy for thinking of cutting bait on Goedert?

He's sucked so far and I'm kicking myself for going with him and dropping Ertz

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
My spider senses are tingling that tonight is Musgrave's break out game.

I've got a stupidly full bench and I'd need to drop Hunter Henry OR

Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Charb, Jakobi Meyers, Tyjae Spears, Quentin Johnston, Josh Palmer

to make that happen. Ugh. Roll the dice on Musgrave over Henry tonight or do I drop someone at the end of my bench to stash him and see how he does?

I have Cleveland DST and Carlson as K, I suppose I could drop Carlson and figure out something after tonight's game?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Anti-Hero posted:

My spider senses are tingling that tonight is Musgrave's break out game.

I've got a stupidly full bench and I'd need to drop Hunter Henry OR

Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Charb, Jakobi Meyers, Tyjae Spears, Quentin Johnston, Josh Palmer

to make that happen. Ugh. Roll the dice on Musgrave over Henry tonight or do I drop someone at the end of my bench to stash him and see how he does?

I have Cleveland DST and Carlson as K, I suppose I could drop Carlson and figure out something after tonight's game?

I would not drop Henry for Musgrave

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Bellmaker posted:

I would not drop Henry for Musgrave

Thanks.

Seems like dropping a kicker and making a play off that would be the way to go.

Would you START Musgrave over Henry if you had both this week?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Anti-Hero posted:

Thanks.

Seems like dropping a kicker and making a play off that would be the way to go.

Would you START Musgrave over Henry if you had both this week?

Yeah I would. The Lions are allowing the most points to TE's of anyone. And they have not even faced any good (for fantasy) TE's lol. Chiefs backups, Seattle, Atlanta. I don't really expect the Pats to be able to do poo poo in the face of Dallas' pass rush (or any other circumstances, for that matter :smith:)

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 28, 2023

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Alright, grabbed Musgrave by dropping my K. Got Musgrave slotted in and we'll see what kind of decision I have to make on Saturday to get a kicker back on my roster.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
I am starting both Watson and Musgrave tonight and I am gonna be so hard if they go off.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I, too, have both musgrave and Henry

The only thing is I hope musgrave doesn’t pop off because I want the Lions to win lol. Given this

Docjowles posted:

Yeah I would. The Lions are allowing the most points to TE's of anyone. And they have not even faced any good (for fantasy) TE's lol. Chiefs backups, Seattle, Atlanta. I don't really expect the Pats to be able to do poo poo in the face of Dallas' pass rush (or any other circumstances, for that matter :smith:)

I’d agree it’s a safe bet he does better than Henry

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Keep agonizing over this Josh Jacobs <> Amon Ra trade. I have great top-end RB's but no depth, and poor top-end WR's but great depth, so it puts me in a weird spot.

Is it smart to trade Josh Jacobs for Amon Ra if would change my lineup like this? We start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex. Half PPR. Bolded likely starters.

Before:

RB: Christian McCaffrey, Josh Jacobs, Breece Hall, Gus Edwards, Roschon Johnson
WR: Diontae Johnson (O), Michael Pittman, Puca Nucua, Zay Flowers, Terry Mac

After:

RB: Christian McCaffrey, Breece Hall or Gus Edwards, Roschon Johnson
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, Diontae Johnson (O), Michael Pittman, Puka, Zay Flowers, Terry Mac

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Do I dare drop Pitts to pick up either Ertz or Musgrave?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I feel like Josh Jacobs has been underperforming to the point of being sort of a wet fart. Montgomery has been my most consistent (or over performing) RB so far

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Musgrave may be amazing but the idea of picking up a TE for TNF makes me ill

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

mega dy posted:

Keep agonizing over this Josh Jacobs <> Amon Ra trade. I have great top-end RB's but no depth, and poor top-end WR's but great depth, so it puts me in a weird spot.

Is it smart to trade Josh Jacobs for Amon Ra if would change my lineup like this? We start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 Flex. Half PPR. Bolded likely starters.

Before:

After:

WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, Diontae Johnson (O), Michael Pittman, Puka, Zay Flowers, Terry Mac

This all feels like a sideways move in .5ppr, I would not do this trade unless you simply don't like one of your players, as your RB/WR balance seems fine.

Note: in PPR I probably would pull the trigger

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Bellmaker posted:

Musgrave may be amazing but the idea of picking up a TE for TNF makes me ill

I picked up Musgrave and I'm playing him over Waller. I'm also leaning towards playing KC DST over the Eagles DST.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Man, start Waddle coming off a concussion or Higgins for his 3 or 20 point game….

Or start either of them over Kamara…

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

DoctaFun posted:

Man, start Waddle coming off a concussion or Higgins for his 3 or 20 point game….

Or start either of them over Kamara…

I’ve been debating waddle over zay flowers since yesterday lol

I read that buffalo’s defense has kept WRs to only 21pts per game, so I’m leaning Flowers over waddle

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I read that buffalo’s defense has kept WRs to only 21pts per game, so I’m leaning Flowers over waddle

80 points later...

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

You have to look at the opponents for the vs. stats: BUF held WRs but when you look a little closer they contained Zach Wilson and Sam Howell while Davante ate. EZ Waddle start

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The downside for all of us musgrave starters is Detroit discovered that sacking the QB is easier than bottling the TE

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

mega dy posted:

Before:

After:

I’m a big Amon-RA Stan, so I say do it.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I traded Puka for Dave Montgomery today and I know in the long run it's probably a bad move but man I feel good about it right now.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

why? montgomery is clearly the rb1 on a very, very good offense whereas nacua's about to be relegated to wr2 when kupp returns. oh, and stafford could collapse whenever.

would way rather have montgomery.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

abelwingnut posted:

why? montgomery is clearly the rb1 on a very, very good offense whereas nacua's about to be relegated to wr2 when kupp returns. oh, and stafford could collapse whenever.

would way rather have montgomery.

That's what I thought! My league was questioning my judgement, but I am vindicated!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I noticed Charbonnet got dropped in several of my leagues. I still like him. Would you drop any of these dudes for him in 0.5 PPR?

Marvin Mims
Roschon Johnson
Kenneth Gainwell
Jalin Hyatt (he's a very late round keeper candidate in this league so I am giving him a lot of rope in case he breaks out, otherwise he would have been dropped in like week 2)

Gainwell to Charbs seems like a sidegrade. I was high on Roschon but my god the Bears.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

The last time it was OK to start a receiver for the pats was when their name was Gronkowski or Moss or mayyyyybe Edelman in a full PPR league. It’s not ok under any circumstances now.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Tom Tucker posted:

The last time it was OK to start a receiver for the pats was when their name was Gronkowski or Moss or mayyyyybe Edelman in a full PPR league. It’s not ok under any circumstances now.

Henry is fine.

:laffo: at starting a Pats WR though

E: Henry is TE3 atm in .5PPR I don’t get why folks are benching him for freakin’ Musgrave

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Sep 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bellmaker posted:

Henry is fine.

:laffo: at starting a Pats WR though

E: Henry is TE3 atm in .5PPR I don’t get why folks are benching him for freakin’ Musgrave

Shiny new rookie with a (previously) hot QB throwing to him instead of Mac Jones :shrug: