Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

i say swears online posted:

and then you gotta chew a bunch of dogshit gristle

you need a better recipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

wingdrums are the pig knuckles of chicken

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I like the gristle

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
This but one handed and eat it off the bone

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Eat This Glob posted:

flats are easier to eat in one bite :colbert:

skill issue

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

drumsticks are the best. thighs second. wings and breasts are a pain

:bernget20:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

corona familiar posted:

drumsticks are the best. thighs second. wings and breasts are a pain

:bernget20:

i cooked a whole chicken last night. it was really easy because i put it in the oven and took it out when the thermometer beeped

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

the best wing type is the drumstick lollipop but it's a pain in the rear end if you're the guy making them

we made 100 wings tonight, all flats. buffalo, jalapeno, periperi and habanero. also rice krispie treats

how'd you cook these? always on the hunt for extra crispy techniques that don't involve deep frying

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

the best wing type is the drumstick lollipop but it's a pain in the rear end if you're the guy making them

how'd you cook these? always on the hunt for extra crispy techniques that don't involve deep frying

you can get them pretty crisp in the oven. I roast turkey wings when I can find them cheap, usually post-thanksgiving. feels like eating a dinosaur wing.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

pat dry, toss in corn starch and creole seasoning, grill.

edit only works for smaller cuts, wings drumettes.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
baking powder also works as a coating.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

baking powder also works as a coating.

Yes, this is the key.

I make a seasoned flour-baking powder mix, coat the chicken with the mix then a bit of oil then bake over a foil lined pan on a wire rack to keep them elevated and crisp all over without having to turn them. Super crispy wings, made easy!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yup. baking soda and oven works just as good as deep-frying. i've got a pretty large toaster oven / air fryer but not for twelve people

actually yeah these are the best wings i've ever had but it was at a catered wedding from a mexican-korean fusion place

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

:siren: baking powder not baking soda :siren:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ah gently caress that's right

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

got it, thanks all. I'll give it a try soon. maybe this weekend?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i've never found a baked wing method that matched up to deep frying. i'd really prefer otherwise, because deep frying is a pain in the rear end.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i wonder if sodium acetate would be good on other stuff like chicken?
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7280665317263658283

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

does the sodium bicarbonate in the baking powder do anything or can you just use cornstarch

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

AxGrap posted:

This but one handed and eat it off the bone

yeah you can do this with your teeth

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

the drying out of the surface is the important part.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

it's soup season so you know I made some rolls

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

during soup season i typically make soup

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The Voice of Labor posted:

does the sodium bicarbonate in the baking powder do anything or can you just use cornstarch

it encourages the maillard reaction. turns the skin brown. the rest of the stuff in baking powder just turns into co2 and fucks off into the air which is why you should just use straight baking soda for meat.

milk as a marinade for wings is good too. it gets... sticky? but not goopy. you get a brilliant mahogany from the sugar. you can get some real freak funk poo poo with like worchestershire sauce or pickle juice mixed in.

drumstick wings are white meat. they're rear end.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

The cream of tartar in baking powder reacts with the baking soda to puff up the coating and make it airy and crunchy, coating the wings in oil before baking provides the activation needed to produce the crispiness

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Oh i see your recipe. Yeah if you have some goop to hold the bubbles in then it will help. But if you just toss it in salt and baking powder and whatever spices then the baking powder is worthless

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

what if it was an air frier but deeper and could hold like three quarts of oil

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

what if it was an air frier but deeper and could hold like three quarts of oil

woks ftw

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

It’s fine to put grease down the drain. Just make sure to run hot water for a few minutes so it gets flushed out of the pipes you’re expected to pay for before in coagulates

That’s what the sanitation department is there for. That’s why they make the big bucks

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

For bacon grease just let it solidify in the pan and scrape it into the trash. For emptying the fryer, storm drain.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

can opener empty soda can or just a glass jar, pour in grease, freeze, trash can when full.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

baked potato topping, roux for white gravy, stir fry, chocolate chip cookies, biscuits, grilled cheese. never throw away the grease :(

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I don't know why they call it peanut oil- they should just call it oil, because otherwise it implies there are other sources of oil suitable for frying foodstuffs

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽
If you don't reuse your frying oil :guillotine:

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

AxGrap posted:

If you don't reuse your frying oil :guillotine:

I never deep fry, closest I get is a pan fry. my spouse and children won’t tolerate me using leftover oil from fish tins or bacon fat. :(

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Bar Ran Dun posted:

can opener empty soda can or just a glass jar, pour in grease, freeze, trash can when full.

what's the point of freezing it if you're just putting it in the trash can

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so it doesn't stink up the place before you fill the jar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

don’t throw your bacon grease away you heathens