Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Going all in on Michael Wilson. He's torn up som real good defenses lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Got him in 2 leagues. Excited to see what he can do against Cincinnati's awful secondary

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Woke up with M. Wilson on my bench from waivers so I'm with ya.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

My benches are already full up with the likes of Spears and Warren and Charbs, plus byes starting, so didn’t have anyone I wanted to drop. Have a bunch of Wilson in best ball though so hopefully he is good :shobon:

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Ended up with Richardson. Someone who had priority picked up Stroud. Just saw that Terry is still available, thinking about picking him up because bears. Should I drop Meyers for him, he had a stinker last week because Jimmy G was gone, but will most likely be back for the Monday game.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Was listening to the Establish the Run podcast this morning and they were still debating if Kyle Pitts is droppable.

Just LOL.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
JSN owner in my keeper league is stacked and I guess finally got fed up with him. Is he worth some FAAB as a long term hold? I’m a sucker for clogging up my bench with “sleepers”, currently sitting on the likes of Roschon, Hyatt, Mingo, and now Jaleel McLaughlin.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

he'll need an injury to be relevant. if you have the bench space, sure, but...otherwise, i'd pass.

wilson is the one who is playing his way into a role. that's who you want.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.
My 12 team one QB league seems to have an unhealthy fascination for holding multiple QBs, therefore the waiver wire is pretty thin.

So I’m in Joshua Dobbs country - let’s ride!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Was listening to the Establish the Run podcast this morning and they were still debating if Kyle Pitts is droppable.

Just LOL.

I have Pitts queued up to drop tomorrow for like any of 7 better guys lol. I'm still annoyed I bothered drafting him

e:

Freezer posted:

My 12 team one QB league seems to have an unhealthy fascination for holding multiple QBs, therefore the waiver wire is pretty thin.

So I’m in Joshua Dobbs country - let’s ride!

sweet thursday said Dobbs looks like a Bethesda NPC and I can't unsee it :lol: Absolutely wild that this dude is having a good season on the Cardinals

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 4, 2023

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

abelwingnut posted:

he'll need an injury to be relevant. if you have the bench space, sure, but...otherwise, i'd pass.

wilson is the one who is playing his way into a role. that's who you want.

Sadly I got outbid on Wilson. I will probably drop some small amount of FAAB on JSN and toss Mingo back. I’m not hurting for WRs at the moment anyway and I really wanted JSN in the draft for keeper potential, he got taken 3 picks before me.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
A quarter of the way through the season and I've already cut about half the players I drafted:

Out (round drafted)
Dallas Goedert (7)
AJ Dillon (10)
Jahan Dotson (11)
Samaje Perine (12)
JuJu Smith-Schuster (13)
Zay Jones (14)
Cairo Santos (16)

The only starter was Goedert, although Trevor Lawrence (6) and the Eagles DST (15) might join this list soon. Also that's not counting Jonathan Taylor (9), who's been in my IR slot the entire time.

In
Kyren Williams
Roschon Johnson
Tyjae Spears
Jaylen Warren
Tank Dell
Sam LaPorta
CJ Stroud
Jameson Williams

Just picked up Stroud but he's going right in the starting lineup, just like LaPorta and Kyren did. David Montgomery (8) got promoted to starter.

JJ (1), AJ (2), and CeeDee (3) have been lineup locks the whole time. Alexander Mattison (4) and Rachaad White (5) both got benched.

I've actually been having a lot of fun with this team, and I'm 3-1 and in second place, so hopefully this says more about my waiver scouring ability than my awful drafting.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Zay Flowers for Kittle in half-PPR, who wins?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

flowers.

just edged out another manager for wilson, $23-$22. same manager also lost mclaughlin on a tie decided by waiver priority.

and he needs both.

mega-oof.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mega dy posted:

Zay Flowers for Kittle in half-PPR, who wins?

Seems reasonably balanced to me, tbh. Kittle is so volatile, he is one of the few TEs that can go for 100 yards and 2 TDs. But SF has so many weapons, and he frequently gets asked to block, so he can also have 1 catch like he just did vs Arizona (who have historically been AWFUL vs TEs) and you might as well have started some jabroni like Tyler Conklin.

Flowers looks legit but with uneven usage. Think his arrow is pointing up and rookies often don't break out til later in the season. I think I'd rather have the Flowers side

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

my main reason for preferring flowers is a) he looks very, very good and b) kittle has been performing, but only when one of deebo or aiyuk is out. i don't think he gets nearly the same attention when those two are on the field, which should be this week and moving forward.

so moving kittle now is selling high on him imo. flowers is legitimately the only receiver on his team. yes, andrews, but he's looked lost. it also seems like jackson might be starting to figure out this passing-first strategy.

flowers has the upside here, so give me him all day, everyday.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Ah man I was real excited to add Kittle to my already 4-0 team but realistically even though Flowers is a WR3-4 for me, I think you guys are right. I'm not sure it's worth adding Kittle when my starter (Engram) is producing unexciting but reliable numbers.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
I have Lamar so I’m trying to move Stroud to the team with TLaw. Who would you rather target in 0.5ppr, James Cook or Pacheco? I may have to add Conner or Mattison and get another piece from the guy or a pick next year, I doubt he would do Stroud for one of those RBs straight up, his only other good RB is Kamara.

MerklesBoner
Apr 5, 2003

Looks like Dotson’s good to go tomorrow night against the Bears. I picked him up on waivers this morning and will be playing him against the guy who dropped him, LET’S GOOOO!

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Drop Jeudy for Wilson?

Also lol, just got an offer of R. Stevenson for my Kyren.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Good luck with Dotson, he’s stapled to my bench until further notice at this point. I dunno what to do with him, he’s getting targets but they are all useless 4 yard passes

Chernabog posted:

Drop Jeudy for Wilson?

Also lol, just got an offer of R. Stevenson for my Kyren.

I had Rhamondre for like a seventh round keeper and I still feel ripped off. God the Pats are so loving bad

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Docjowles posted:

Good luck with Dotson, he’s stapled to my bench until further notice at this point. I dunno what to do with him, he’s getting targets but they are all useless 4 yard passes

I had Rhamondre for like a seventh round keeper and I still feel ripped off. God the Pats are so loving bad

good news, useless 4 yard passes almost always turn into touchdowns against the Bears.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i think my ideal target for kyren is like...calvin ridley. had some drops early on given the rust, was shadowed by one of the best cb in the league last week, and now is going up against a depleted bills secondary and the giants in the following week.

time for him to rebound.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
Trying to trade Richardson (have Herbert) to two team qb needy teams.

Assuming I cant get Aiyuk from the owner who already has Ceedee and Amon Ra

I have the option of going after Ridley or Rhamondre (who is on my opponents bench cuz he has Mostert and Monty).

Who do you like rest of season?

Edit :Context

Start 2 WR, 2 Rb, and Flex
My WRs right now are Allen, Watson, DHop, Flowers and Pickens

RBs: CMC and Walker

Green Gloves fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 4, 2023

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Poque posted:

good news, useless 4 yard passes almost always turn into touchdowns against the Bears.

Yeah it’s all hands on deck against the Chicago defense

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Green Gloves posted:

I have the option of going after Ridley or Rhamondre (who is on my opponents bench cuz he has Mostert and Monty).

I can't imagine wanting to buy pieces of the Pats offense, it's a dumpster fire just like last year. Plus he is somehow splitting touches with Zeke Elliott in 2023. So I guess my answer is Ridley by default

NE also has one of the hardest schedules in the NFL this year so it's not like things are going to improve for him. Granted some of that was predicated on 2 games of Aaron Rodgers vs Zach Wilson, but still.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 4, 2023

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

The only playable player on the Pats is Henry

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Green Gloves posted:

Ridley, but you need to do that next week since Herbert is on bye this week. Unless you are going to add a 3rd QB, which is not usually a good thing.

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008

Docjowles posted:

I can't imagine wanting to buy pieces of the Pats offense, it's a dumpster fire just like last year. Plus he is somehow splitting touches with Zeke Elliott in 2023. So I guess my answer is Ridley by default

NE also has one of the hardest schedules in the NFL this year so it's not like things are going to improve for him. Granted some of that was predicated on 2 games of Aaron Rodgers vs Zach Wilson, but still.

Courtland Sutton and Jakobi Meyers are also options.

Just not sure if any of these guys are improvements over what I already have. Seems like everyone is a flex. I need a true WR2 or RB2 ROS

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Thoughts on Chiefs D vs Jets D vs Lions D ROS? If the Lions stay solid then that schedule looks great.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Personally I like the Lions defense. They've been playing well and have a good schedule.
I don't trust the Jets D because their offense is so bad, they'll tend to get worn down. Chiefs D is decent, but match up dependent in my opinion.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Anti-Hero posted:

What tier of WR could I realistically target with those two?

Just looking around, Rhamondre should net you someone in the Deebo/Amari Cooper/Pittman tier and maybe Aiyuk/Ridley. Henry would be like Aiyuk/Davonte Smith/Metcalf/maaaybe Olave

MerklesBoner
Apr 5, 2003

Docjowles posted:

Yeah, I’m in a bind trying to jury-rig a WR2 without Mike Evans this week and my other options are London and Mims, so I figure I don’t have much to lose.

Green Gloves posted:

Rhamondre (who is on my opponents bench cuz he has Mostert and Monty).

He just like me fr

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

If you guys had D. Henry, R. Mostert, D. Achane, and D. Montgomery and wanted to get Diggs from someone who’s entire RB core sucks real bad, what would you offer?

Flex PPR

I also got DJ Moore as the only receiver I’d be willing to give up (my 1 and 2 are diggs-caliber already).

Would offering Montgomery and Mostert be a good place to start or is that off?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

vaginite posted:

If you guys had D. Henry, R. Mostert, D. Achane, and D. Montgomery and wanted to get Diggs from someone who’s entire RB core sucks real bad, what would you offer?

Flex PPR

I also got DJ Moore as the only receiver I’d be willing to give up (my 1 and 2 are diggs-caliber already).

Don't trade Montgomery.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

vaginite posted:

Flex PPR

if you think mostert would do it, go for it. seems way too low to me, though.

realistically, it would take henry + a role player type?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I want to play fantasy football with the guy that would trade Diggs for Mostert lol

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

I want to play fantasy football with the guy that would trade Diggs for Mostert lol

Mayyyyyyybe after last week’s 45 points you could’ve swung a deal.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

kiimo posted:

Yeah I’d have to give Mostert plus another rb then it’s a bad trade for me.

I’m overthinking it I’m just gonna sit.

I’ve got adams/nacua as my WRs and those RBs I think I can just wait instead of making a bad trade.

I’m always anxious to try and make moves and it bites me in the rear end a bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Speaking of trades, are you guys trying to unload Puka with Kupp practicing again? Or hold and hope he’s been too good to entirely go on the back burner? I have a glut of receivers on one team and am trying to figure out who to dangle in trades. Also have Garrett Wilson, Christian Watson, Gabe Davis, Tank Dell.

Wilson was supposed to be my WR1 and Rodgers going down means I now have like 5 WR2s instead (plus Puka with a looming expiration date)