Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
GHOST BEAR HUG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
Honestly, I kind of feel like Spenser does damage way too readily? He's constantly inflicting multiple points of damage, it's rough, I'm not entirely sure how they're supposed to survive this?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Jetrauben posted:

Honestly, I kind of feel like Spenser does damage way too readily? He's constantly inflicting multiple points of damage, it's rough, I'm not entirely sure how they're supposed to survive this?

He's one of the main designers so I trust that this is a deliberate choice within the bounds of the game and he wants to show off the scar system as it's one of the main ways characters advance and develop.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Jetrauben posted:

It's stuff like this that reminds me Matt is one of the nicest DM's I've seen

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

AngryBooch posted:

He's one of the main designers so I trust that this is a deliberate choice within the bounds of the system and he wants to show off the scar system as it's one of the main ways characters advance and develop.

True enough, and it is a short-term game by definition (character are only lasting a very short number of sessions) but it still is rather spicy by most games' standards, and it feels like it very quickly is going to render a character a broken ruined mess?

Which I guess might be the point, but it's just a bit of a shock because it feels like your character is almost certain to start accruing severe damage. Like, three damage from one failure is a lot! And I'm pretty sure he's done plural points of damage from partial successes in the past.

DarklyDreaming posted:

It's stuff like this that reminds me Matt is one of the nicest DM's I've seen

Well, it's an entirely different scale of damage, isn't it? It's specifically the fact that scars mean permanent injury and Spenser is doling out harm at very accelerated rates that surprises me.

Jetrauben fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 29, 2023

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Psychological assessment: Violent and dangerous

-He left out my sense of humor :smug:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE5L_FV3Mpk

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Jetrauben posted:

I only have watched the first episode of CO to date, but even from that it was really clear that between the lack of player hit points or any attack abilities, and the puzzle-based nature of the game (AKA "read the DM's mind to figure out what the win conditions are"), you need a very, very skilled DM to give the players even a chance to win.

Four Sided Dive - Episode 17:

Wow, Sam has been so focused on "not doing things that other clerics on the show have done," to the point where even he realized that it might be causing problems. I mean, I did notice that he gets badly injured in combat a lot, but now I see the issue. Hopefully now that the other former cleric players have talked with him a bit that he'll change things up a bit and not put such an extreme emphasis on being unique.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 5, 2023

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
A civil suit is being launched by six women, including Ashley and Dani Carr, against Foster for sexual harassment and abuse. It's very very bad.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/the-last-of-us-critical-role-star-ashley-johnson-six-others-sue-brian-w-foster-abuse/

DaiJiaTeng
Oct 26, 2010

Lid posted:

A civil suit is being launched by six women, including Ashley and Dani Carr, against Foster for sexual harassment and abuse. It's very very bad.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/the-last-of-us-critical-role-star-ashley-johnson-six-others-sue-brian-w-foster-abuse/

Jesus...there's only more and its only worse. Was really hoping that last time was the end of that poo poo.

But...it's concerning that there are two other employees of CR in that lawsuit. How long was this going on behind the scenes?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

DaiJiaTeng posted:

Jesus...there's only more and its only worse. Was really hoping that last time was the end of that poo poo.

But...it's concerning that there are two other employees of CR in that lawsuit. How long was this going on behind the scenes?

2019 it sounds like which is a... well it's not good.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Christ, I just assumed he relapsed during COVID like a lot of other addicts. But apparently it was ongoing before that.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

ComicBook.com posted:

Additionally, Bryan Freedman, the attorney representing the plaintiffs in the lawsuit provided the following comment to ComicBook.com. "The police officer who reviewed the evidence was so concerned for Ashley Johnson's safety that he went on his own to a judge to get an immediate emergency protective order against Brian W. Foster. Since then, six additional women have come forward. This lawsuit is filed to both remedy the abuse Foster has inflicted on my seven clients as well as to prevent others from being victimized by Foster's pattern of mental, emotional, and physical abuse."

eesh, you know a DV case is bad when the cops immediately take it seriously

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Soo... He's a monster and they're all terrified of him holy gently caress

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Lid posted:

gently caress BWF. There's always more with these assholes and it's always worst.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

lock him away and throw away the key, what a heinous piece of poo poo

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

In lighter news,

https://twitter.com/CriticalRole/status/1710029803511042447?s=20

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Fearne with cunning actions oh no :allears:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

:frogsiren: Campaign 3 Episode 74 is happening! Please watch it while playing that one Ducktales song! You know the one! :frogsiren:

Abroham Lincoln fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 6, 2023

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

no matter what level the party is, matt mercer loves overland survival check travelling random encounter poo poo more than anything else

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

TV IV > Critical Role Campaign 3: My hot hole smells like fish

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

:siren: Campaign 3 Episode 75 has begun! :siren:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Low. Ride. Er

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

This whole scenario of squeezing through a narrow tunnel is creeping me out.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
cave diving in a narrow crooked lava tube, this is fine

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Funzo posted:

This whole scenario of squeezing through a narrow tunnel is creeping me out.

Take her not me Take her not me Take her not me Take her not me

Look the Magnus Protocol trailer just dropped of course I'm thinkin about it

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

this is suicidal

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
what the gently caress ashton

edit: what the gently caress fearne

AngryBooch fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 13, 2023

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

quote:

The Ring of Temporal Salvation is a magical gray crystal ring. If the wearer dies, they vanish and reappear five feet away or in the nearest unoccupied space, regaining hit points equal to 3d6 plus the wearer's Constitution modifier, even if that is above the wearer's hit point maximum. The ring also removes one level of exhaustion. The ring turns to dust after it has activated one time.[1]

oh i now see why taliesin is willing to risk it

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
TOUCH ASHTON

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
getting flashbacks to Keyleth's brutal lava killing abilities here

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

AngryBooch posted:

getting flashbacks to Keyleth's brutal lava killing abilities here

Shoving people into lava is OP, nerf lava.

Olive branch, what the poo poo Ludinus?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

:frogsiren: Campaign 3, Episode 76 is happening now! I sure hope nobody is wearing any silly outfits! :frogsiren:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Good lord this is next level costumes

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Good lord this is next level costumes

I genuinely wouldn't recognize any of them if I didn't know

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004