Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
we tell em this every time, another thing on The List Of Things HBag Does Not Listen To

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

hbag posted:

just looked in the mirror and i got loving bags under my eyes all of a sudden. am i really that tired

wingstop really took a toll on you

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
slam some vodka to wake up then. it'll perk ya right up

(don't do this)

(but i bet if you become un-dehydrated you'll look better)

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

bob dobbs is dead posted:

we tell em this every time, another thing on The List Of Things HBag Does Not Listen To

i have told you several times im already well aware that i probably have adhd

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

a quick dip in the ocean never fails to wake me up. big tub of ice water if you don't have the ocean

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
a nice fat line of crystal meth will really perk you up, i'm just sayin

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i recommend getting eight hours of sleep, eating right, and exercise

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

a dog demanding to go potty right fuckin now is an excellent wake up stimulant

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

dinner. simple and delicious.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

a dog demanding to go potty right fuckin now is an excellent wake up stimulant

sometimes. despite having taken both of my adderall doses today i'm tired as poo poo and just took the eggman out

i think i have a cold or something though my nose has been crazy stuffed and i got a pimple, which usually doesn't happen unless i'm sick

feel a nap coming on tbh

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FlapYoJacks posted:

first of all, it's funny that i hit the "fork" button to reply to this. haha. get it

anyways here's lunch rn. red curry with onions, zucchini, mushrooms, chicken

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FlapYoJacks posted:

I thought this was tteokbokki at first glance

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

pasta and homemade tomato sauce in a giant pan.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

hbag posted:

i have told you several times im already well aware that i probably have adhd

here's the thing: everyone who has ADHD and only finally gets the diagnosis and treatment later in life wishes that they had done it instead at the age you are RIGHT NOW and saved themselves literal decades of trauma

getting diagnosed and treated on knifecrime island is a huge slow PITA, so you want to get started as soon as possible. pop over to the adult ADHD thread for advice and sympathy

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

FlapYoJacks posted:

dsyp

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

yeah, I was wondering what the tomato sauce jar was doing there for a while

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

yeah, I was wondering what the tomato sauce jar was doing there for a while

holding homemade tomatoe sauce he made yesterday. :v:

Jonny 290 posted:

first of all, it's funny that i hit the "fork" button to reply to this. haha. get it

anyways here's lunch rn. red curry with onions, zucchini, mushrooms, chicken

This looks amazing.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

just found out that we are hosting thanksgiving tomorrow, and that my mother-in-law is going to stay with us for a few days. there was a time when I would have been consulted on these things, not that I would have objected

lots to do now, poo poo

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Subjunctive posted:

here's the thing: everyone who has ADHD and only finally gets the diagnosis and treatment later in life wishes that they had done it instead at the age you are RIGHT NOW and saved themselves literal decades of trauma

getting diagnosed and treated on knifecrime island is a huge slow PITA, so you want to get started as soon as possible. pop over to the adult ADHD thread for advice and sympathy

im well aware. ironically i think the adhd is making it difficult for me to get treated for adhd

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

noodles too small

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Achmed Jones posted:

i recommend getting eight hours of sleep, eating right, and exercise

that’s communist

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Armitag3 posted:

goonspeed :yotj:
Thanks! It went really loving well. Interviewer said he really liked me as a candidate, sees no reason not to hire me, and that he isn't my boss yet but I should still go take the rest of the day off and start the weekend early. The only bad news is that the HR paperwork handlers are out-of-office until Tuesday so I don't have an offer yet.

dioxazine posted:

hope everything works out for you, italian theatre person!

Thanks! I am reminded of this quote I just found on Wikipedia,

Italian Mask Maker Antonio Fava posted:

Pulcinella, a man without dignity, is nevertheless indispensable to us all: without [him] ... none of his countless 'bosses' could ever escape from the awkward tangle of troubles in which they find themselves.
Definitely feels like it describes computer janitoring.

mystes
May 31, 2006

hbag posted:

isn't that just daylight savings time
yeah some people advocate for "permanent daylight savings time" even though that's equivalent to not having dst and changing the time zone by an hour

mystes fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Oct 6, 2023

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the thing im proposing would be "even more daylight savings time" unless we pass the thing to make daylight savings time permanent in which case daylight savings time would be standard time and my time would then be daylight savings time which would happen in the winter instead of the summer now

mystes
May 31, 2006

oh you want more in the winter? I guess I would go for that but only because I'm not getting up early

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah i want the sun to come up at like 8 or 9am and then go down as late as possible

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Shaggar posted:

yeah i want the sun to come up at like 8 or 9am and then go down as late as possible

cosigned

mystes
May 31, 2006

you would probably get a lot of people who like to exercise in the morning mad at you and they're clearly psychopaths so I'm not sure that's a good idea

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

typically it's a lot of "what about the children???" handwringing in opposition, specifically about going to school in the dark

to heck with the children, i say

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
idgaf about dst vs whatever, i just want it to be the same all year.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

mystes posted:

you would probably get a lot of people who like to exercise in the morning mad at you and they're clearly psychopaths so I'm not sure that's a good idea

i would simply wait for their muscles to atrophy

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

rotor posted:

idgaf about dst vs whatever, i just want it to be the same all year.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
broke: 1 hour dst
woke: no dst
bespoke, chaotic, insane gremlin energy: 2 hour dst

mystes
May 31, 2006

How about if we just have the time go back one hour every day at 2:00 AM, decoupling it from daylight, so everyone has an opportunity to get daylight at the time of their preference some of the time

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I like it when it's light as late as possible and also I hate when the clocks change

mystes
May 31, 2006

PokeJoe posted:

I like it when it's light as late as possible and also I hate when the clocks change
ok how about just having it be 11:59PM all the time?

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

sounds like an improvement to me

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Works for me

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i fold easily to peer pressure so i will just agree with everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU