Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

QuantaStarFire posted:

Kind of getting to the point in my first playthrough where I just want to rush the end and start a new character. I've been going "sneaky-neaky-neaky-neaky-neaky-neaky" all this time and, while fun, I want to start a neckless meatslab streetkid V that is the polar opposite.

Question: Is PL an alternate ending, or does the game continue normally after finishing it?

You can get an additional normal ending option depending on how you do pl, which can be activated early but it's your choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

QuantaStarFire posted:

Kind of getting to the point in my first playthrough where I just want to rush the end and start a new character. I've been going "sneaky-neaky-neaky-neaky-neaky-neaky" all this time and, while fun, I want to start a neckless meatslab streetkid V that is the polar opposite.

Question: Is PL an alternate ending, or does the game continue normally after finishing it?

Depending on your current build, you might be able to do the meatslab build still (since you can afford to get four of the five stats to at least 15, which is enough to get all the survivability stuff from Body and Tech).

I was going to make a new character, but then realized I could just redirect my existing build (blunt weapons) towards something good with pistols/stealth. My stats are currently 15 Body, 15 Reflexes, 20 Tech, 17 Cool, and 3 Int (since I have no interest in hacking).

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Finished PL this evening. I enjoyed that a lot more than my first run of the base game. I think it hit all the right notes, and I loved Reed's character. The confrontation on the launch platform with V laying out all the sins with So Mi laying between them, culminating in a quick draw was very on-brand spy movie poo poo and basically a cheat code to my spy thriller lizard brain. Honestly did a lot to change my opinion from "fine game, buggy, with lots of missed opportunity" to "game I'd recommend without reservation." If they can produce more stuff with this quality, I'll be happy to keep spending money on it.

Shout out to my sleeper favorite Mr. Hands. Was pleasantly surprised with the characterization they gave him, as minimal as it was. They did a lot with a little there, and they really didn't need to.

orcane posted:

Is that still happening in 2.02? The time limit screwed over by enemies at the end of a car delivery thing? Because yeah that sucked.

The time limits are more forgiving now. Whether they're enough to consistently land the enemies as well I can't say.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Ytlaya posted:

Depending on your current build, you might be able to do the meatslab build still (since you can afford to get four of the five stats to at least 15, which is enough to get all the survivability stuff from Body and Tech).

I was going to make a new character, but then realized I could just redirect my existing build (blunt weapons) towards something good with pistols/stealth. My stats are currently 15 Body, 15 Reflexes, 20 Tech, 17 Cool, and 3 Int (since I have no interest in hacking).

I mean, I could do that, but it would feel out of character for my current V whose made her reputation as a discrete netrunner who gets the job done without killing anyone. I also want to make different choices with my next V when I get around to him.

Also thinking of making a corpo ratfucker but I think he's going to be another stealth-heavy V so I'd rather save him for another playthrough. I could also make my meatslab a corpo goon, I haven't decided yet.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

QuantaStarFire posted:

I mean, I could do that, but it would feel out of character for my current V whose made her reputation as a discrete netrunner who gets the job done without killing anyone.

quote:

I put the shotgun in an Adidas bag and padded it out with four pairs of tennis socks, not my style at all. but that was what I was aiming for: If they think you’re crude, go technical; if they think you’re technical, go crude. I’m a very technical boy. So I decided to get as crude as possible.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

This is something I'm coming around to, actually. I don't know much about Cyberpunk The Tabletop lore, but the context clues suggest "solos" are jack-of-all-trades by necessity. Solos don't have the luxury of keeping to one style. Or, at least, the famous ones can't. You can probably survive on being "just" a nova-hot netrunner or such, but you'll eventually run up against something you can't hack your way around. That's when you want to be a decent gunslinger too.

If you try to stay in one lane, you either end up a nobody, or dead. Probably both.

That's my read, anyway.

Have some emotional terrorism. This exchange turns me into a blubbering wreck every time.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Warmachine posted:

Finished PL this evening. I enjoyed that a lot more than my first run of the base game. I think it hit all the right notes, and I loved Reed's character. The confrontation on the launch platform with V laying out all the sins with So Mi laying between them, culminating in a quick draw was very on-brand spy movie poo poo and basically a cheat code to my spy thriller lizard brain. Honestly did a lot to change my opinion from "fine game, buggy, with lots of missed opportunity" to "game I'd recommend without reservation." If they can produce more stuff with this quality, I'll be happy to keep spending money on it.

Shout out to my sleeper favorite Mr. Hands. Was pleasantly surprised with the characterization they gave him, as minimal as it was. They did a lot with a little there, and they really didn't need to.

The time limits are more forgiving now. Whether they're enough to consistently land the enemies as well I can't say.

Yeah I’d trade away half the chaff of the base game like side quests and criminal activity for another directed arc.

Seriously just churn one of those out once a year for five years

Jakosa
Dec 28, 2021
I love that you can fix the rollercoaster in Pacifica and ride it <3

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Bobcats posted:

Yeah I’d trade away half the chaff of the base game like side quests and criminal activity for another directed arc.

Seriously just churn one of those out once a year for five years

Epilogue with Alex at the bar was pretty good too. If this WAS a spy thriller, it would be sequel bait.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Warmachine posted:

Have some emotional terrorism. This exchange turns me into a blubbering wreck every time.

It's sad that I don't know if gran-gran should be nicer or meaner to you considering Judy's other exs that we know about. You're almost certainly nicer to her, but you are a horrific, soulless killing machine that turns humans into red puddles of street cred, you're accused of killing a head of state and you've got weeks to live. I'm pretty sure if Judy ever honestly spoke with grandma, she'd be grounded until she's 80. Possibly longer.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Bedurndurn posted:

It's sad that I don't know if gran-gran should be nicer or meaner to you considering Judy's other exs that we know about. You're almost certainly nicer to her, but you are a horrific, soulless killing machine that turns humans into red puddles of street cred, you're accused of killing a head of state and you've got weeks to live. I'm pretty sure if Judy ever honestly spoke with grandma, she'd be grounded until she's 80. Possibly longer.

I'm doing one of the post-PL gigs right now, and the client introduces a Spetznaz sniper with a hundred an some change confirmed kills. All I can think is, "That's adorable."

Fun fact, katanas beat sniper rifles. Quit sniping yourself.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Bedurndurn posted:

Given that Judy seems to have a taste for the worst possible chicks, the fact that you're only a chromed-up device to turn scavs into weapon drops and meat sauce is probably a step up.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Is the way hacking/netrunning works in the game the same as it works in the tabletop version? There's a million horrific ways to die in the setting, but for some reason the thought of moseying along and suddenly having your comms cut and being set on fire by someone who's peering at you through a camera from half a kilometer away seems especially terrifying (and particularly overpowered).

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

FeculentWizardTits posted:

Is the way hacking/netrunning works in the game the same as it works in the tabletop version? There's a million horrific ways to die in the setting, but for some reason the thought of moseying along and suddenly having your comms cut and being set on fire by someone who's peering at you through a camera from half a kilometer away seems especially terrifying (and particularly overpowered).
You can do this to other people, although if you remember 2020, there have been setting details that reduce most camera networks to local area things (at least on V's level) -- so you have to actually sneak in and use the camera control script on a camera before you can go about nuking all the Tyger Claws in a building.

Enemy netrunners can do the same to you but it tends to be flagged and V's chrome gives them a warning that they are being traced/something is being uploaded. If you find the guy and hit him 12 times with a katana he tends to cut it out

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Nessus posted:

If you find the guy and hit him 12 times with a katana he tends to cut it out

You should get a sharper katana.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

FeculentWizardTits posted:

In addition to what the above poster pointed out about cameras being true CCTV or on local nets, opposing netrunners in a security office will only try to crawl up your basal pons if you walk into an area labeled KEEP OUT! and LETHAL FORCE NCPD!

It's first and foremost an roleplay game. Can you have a Jack the Ripper Runner situation where some rear end in a top hat is randomly flatlining people in broad daylight? Sure. It's not something your DM is going to do to you, not without it being a major plot point.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I did the El Capitan car heist to steal the Arasaka truck. What happens if you stay to rescue Alan?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

I did the El Capitan car heist to steal the Arasaka truck. What happens if you stay to rescue Alan?

Alan constantly messages you to bitch and moan about you being a terrible person who hosed the mission who let some of the parts get destroyed to save someone who is already dying, and how the death of all the kids who couldn’t be treated is on your hands.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You get a ton of grief from Alan about how you got supplies damaged.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Oh so more of the same from that rear end in a top hat, then.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

I love it when I get into a fight right at the end of a phone convo. "Hang on one sec, gotta take care of something", a minute later, call them back "...you were saying?" then they just stare at me for 5 seconds then hang up.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
If anyone else using mods finds themselves unable to boot the game after the update, remove Mod Settings

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
After a bit of digging it looks like you *can* in fact get a 100% crit chance with a silenced pistol build, mostly from cyberware:

35 (iconic kiroshi cockatrice eyes (PL/dogtown only))
26 (13 or more reflex attuned pieces of cyberware, 2% crit chance each @ 20 reflex)
10 (20 reflex stat)
10 (various silencers)
5 (base crit chance)
5 (kanetsugu holographic scope)
6-30 ( visual cortex support)

the last one is the only non-passive source of crit chance. it gives 1% crit chance per meter you are away from the target. I say that 5 is the floor because of the solo skill that gives +10 crit chance when enemy is within 5 meters. I did a bit of checking in the scanner and usually when I ambush someone with a silenced pistol it is between 10 and 15 meters away, so this cyberware is reliable for 10 crit chance, which puts the total over 100%.

Notes:
- crit buffs from weapons (iconic effects, scopes/silencers/mods) don't seem to show up on the stats screen but still work
- you can get 30 crit chance from adding two orange level Zenith mods to your pistol, but it only lasts for 5 seconds after you draw it. workable for stealth though, and lets you get close to or over 100% crit chance before getting cockatrice eyes in dogtown
- this is all obviated by the fact that there is a tier 5 silencer that has 100% crit chance on all stealth attacks. if you are going full stealth you would be better off stacking cool attuned cyberware for more headshot damage
- its even easier to hit 100% crit with a blade build

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Ravenfood posted:

I guess its there for pre-Kerenzikov? Or, if for some reason you don't get that chipped, which seems weird since it's pretty drat good and easily worth the slot. There aren't many other ones I'd take over it for the nervous system.

The only other ones that seem decent are Stabber if you're using blades/knives, Neofiber, maybe the bonus crit chance as youre further away, and maybe the iconic movement buff that lasts all combat. All of the stealth-based ones that give bonus movement as you get closer to being detected feel really situational.

E: the patch mentioned something about fixing the monowire tool tips. Did they add the stat attunement back?

monowires had stat attunement when I played updated yesterday. electric monowire has reflex attunement so I might swap to that

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

you do the wrong thing

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

I love it when I get into a fight right at the end of a phone convo. "Hang on one sec, gotta take care of something", a minute later, call them back "...you were saying?" then they just stare at me for 5 seconds then hang up.

"Hola V, oh is that the banging Barghest battle theme I hear? Have fun! Call you back in a bit, xoxox" -Judy probably

obligatory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDDToeHr36I&t=450s

could sub valentinos. Sorry Jackie, I know they where your buds but the music goes so hard I need to start a knife fight

Grimoire fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 27, 2023

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

When and how do I buy cars in 2.0? A fixer sent me a message about "Auto Terminals", but I haven't seen any.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
autofixer is both a website accessible on computers (under the Net tab), and there are terminals around town you can see on the map

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Oh duh, should have checked THE INTERNET first. Thank you!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Muammar will guilt trip your rear end until you buy a car. The Maimai is actually quite fun though.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
too bad 90% of the cars are locked until you start PL. a really stupid change imo

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

they are? Christ! Alright fine I'll go talk to the VDB! I will probably be like level 27 by the time I finish wading through those assholes.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
you have to do his car stealing missions that only get offered after you start PL. the more you do the more cars get unlocked

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Really should have made the car boosting jobs start in Night City and then when you make it to Dogtown El Capitan contacts you for higher risk gigs.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
instead of retroactively locking all the previously accessible vehicles to force you into doing the new minigame, they should've offered new cars as rewards or something

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
The car stealing missions seem decently lucrative as well. I was getting a decent stack of crafting mats for each one. This weekend I plan to do a few to build up a good Autofixer discount, then buy that super expensive Guenevere, or whatever it's called super cheap. I already did that for the big rear end APC lookin' thing, whatever that's called. Saved like 70 grand.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I've been starved for playing time lately and with this latest patch dropping right before the weekend and potentially breaking mods, I think I may put this game on hold for a few months and go back to the other CDPR game I was waiting on to stabilize before playing: The Witcher 3 Next Gen.

But it hasn't stabilized enough to get the one mod I consider essential for TW3 (Ghost Mode), so time to play the game again with good old classic TW3 with all of the mods.

Arc Hammer posted:

Yes.

Also Cyberware Malfunction is fun but remains a distant second to Cripple Movement. C-Ware Malfunction and Weapon Malfunction both seem rather pointless when Cripple Movement stops enemies with Sandies from moving and it also stops them from shooting.

Agree on Malfunction being more useful for the Shock synergy than direct lockdown but Weapon Glitch will actually blow up their primary weapon, causing explosion damage and forcing them to switch to their secondary which will usually be way weaker.

If you're using a smart gun, Glitch will last as long as you have lock. Which is until they die, so it's full and complete CC till death basically.

Cripple Movement is only great against melee and Sandy users afaik. It doesn't prevent gun usage, so it's very situational. I keep a green one in the Deck for melee users though, playing a glass cannon.

But the best CC hack is of course:

Phenotype posted:

The green Reboot Optics only costs 2 RAM, so I've been running it on the Tetratronic Rippler netdeck for 40% extra damage on my Short Circuits and Overheats.

The Legendary Reboot Optics gives you a 25%(?) boost to headshots and all weak points damage. This is on top of fully blinding them so they cannot shoot at you or otherwise find you to run up and melee you.

You can even just blind them and walk up to them to do a "stealth" takedown without even crouching first, just have to walk behind them. And it's a control hack, so no tracing.

It's the best of the CC hacks imo.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 27, 2023

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

site posted:

too bad 90% of the cars are locked until you start PL. a really stupid change imo

That can't be right, what about people who don't have the DLC?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

2house2fly posted:

That can't be right, what about people who don't have the DLC?

poverty gamers get poverty cars

:capitalism:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

There aren’t any DLC motorcycles so you’re not missing much tbh