Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Eh, just tell him Vim tossed aside his company vision and principals out of love, he'll understand.

Edit: this is the better G Witch content of the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9WHUE-TWrA

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Sep 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

man the schwarzette was such a cool robot and we barely got to see it in action

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I considered buying it today but then Lauda's face was on the box lmao :3

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
No one gave a drat about the Schwartzette until it did cool drone poo poo.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ManSedan posted:

No one gave a drat about the Schwartzette until it did cool drone poo poo.

Are we talking in-universe nobody gave a drat or real world poo poo? Because pretty much everyone went haywire the minute the gunpla image was leaked.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

it's true this robot that barely had seconds of screentime in the show was constantly coming up in fan conversations

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The brevity of the encounter is what makes it enticing. It forms a sense of longing in you. In this way, it is yuri

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Sorry I had a bad take.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/180223/status/1708499261183463823?t=N6odedhEYdMeLKgznWzEGQ&s=19

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Opening still slaps

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yoasobi been on a tear the last year

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Happy one year anniversary to my brain worms.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I'm having to replace "Suletta Sundays" with "Shangri-La Sundays" to keep my spirits up.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmfq2DgEBbo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/bnfw_en/status/1722796320183005372?s=20

:shobon:

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Would would have actually been the outcome if Prospera's plan involving Quiet Zero had succeeded? Most of the cast seems convinced that it would result in mass deaths, but why would it?

Also, which was the episode where Suletta learns about the message in the tomato's genetic sequence? I can't find it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Nebrilos posted:

Would would have actually been the outcome if Prospera's plan involving Quiet Zero had succeeded? Most of the cast seems convinced that it would result in mass deaths, but why would it?

Also, which was the episode where Suletta learns about the message in the tomato's genetic sequence? I can't find it.

The show goes out of its way to show you how repeated exposure to higher grade permet scores fucks up humans really really badly. you see one of the earth witches die after bumping it up to Grade 5.

The field projected by QZ that would surround the earth was a grade 8 field. Flying through it in a shielded vessel was enough to start messing with the main cast of the show. Imagine how a human just out in the open inside the field would feel.

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

Nebrilos posted:

Prospera and Ericht would have full and indelible control over every system in the Earth Sphere and both professed to being willing to do anything to anything to KEEP that control once they have it. The implication is that Suletta and the others basically assumed that the greater population would not submit quietly and Quiet Zero would be used to kill until they did, no matter how many that took, and since Quiet Zero gave them full control over things like the life support systems of the Fronts, they could kill massive amounts of people very quickly if they wanted.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ep 22 explained the tomato code in a flashback sequence when Suletta and Miorine are suiting up and Suletta gives her one of the remaining tomatoes.

Anyone who says "hey I don't want to live in a world where all tech is run by a ghost baby and her crazy mom" gets blown up just like the two fleets that tried to stop QZ by force.

I swear this show. Anytime I'm about to say "I'm good" and move onto something else something gets tweeted and I'm back. Permanently Mercury-pilled.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Nov 10, 2023

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Thank you for your explanations.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The show goes out of its way to show you how repeated exposure to higher grade permet scores fucks up humans really really badly. you see one of the earth witches die after bumping it up to Grade 5.

She died because she was plugged into the Gundam directly, though.

Arc Hammer posted:

Ep 22 explained the tomato code in a flashback sequence when Suletta and Miorine are suiting up and Suletta gives her one of the remaining tomatoes.

I thought that was a flashback scene to another episode, though. What episode was it a flashback to? Or am I wrong?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nebrilos posted:

I thought that was a flashback scene to another episode, though. What episode was it a flashback to? Or am I wrong?

Nope. Just a flashback to something that happened before they left for Benerit HQ, ep 22 was the first time it was brought up and shown.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

I swear this show. Anytime I'm about to say "I'm good" and move onto something else something gets tweeted and I'm back. Permanently Mercury-pilled.

As for me, I saw a few clips of the fights on youtube and I watched them and thought "that is kind of cool." And then I happened to discover gundaminfo. And then I was doomed. How can they just have all of the episodes up on youtube like that? If only they'd been behind a paywall, I wouldn't have had to become obsessed with this show.

Arc Hammer posted:

Nope. Just a flashback to something that happened before they left for Benerit HQ, ep 22 was the first time it was brought up and shown.

Oh. Okay.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Sorry, one more question. What incentive did the Space Assembly League have to fire their laser cannon a second time? Their objective was to destroy the Benerit Group, but they had just witnessed Miorine destroy it for them moments earlier.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

QZ still existed

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

If you had a giant space laser wouldn't you want to fire it as many times as you could?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Nebrilos posted:

Sorry, one more question. What incentive did the Space Assembly League have to fire their laser cannon a second time? Their objective was to destroy the Benerit Group, but they had just witnessed Miorine destroy it for them moments earlier.

In short: wipe out QZ, the conspirators, a large chuck of Benerit group forces, and pretty much anyone else who knew what QZ was all in one fell swoop. Peil would then inherit the remaining Benerit assets and the SAL wouldn't have the Benerit Group to deal with politically, giving them greater authority in zones previously controlled by Benerit. This was all highly illegal except for the destroy QZ part. Which yes, the conspirators on the SAL/Peil side knew full well that QZ had powered down and Prospera had surrendered, but they wanted the outcome they planned, so they'd just kill everyone involved and control the narrative with nothing but corpses to challenge their version of events.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

:perfect:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I'm still waiting on Suletta slapping a ketchup packet.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Warmachine posted:

I'm still waiting on Suletta slapping a ketchup packet.

This was all I could find

Suletta: Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you...

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Nebrilos posted:

As for me, I saw a few clips of the fights on youtube and I watched them and thought "that is kind of cool." And then I happened to discover gundaminfo. And then I was doomed. How can they just have all of the episodes up on youtube like that? If only they'd been behind a paywall, I wouldn't have had to become obsessed with this show.

They put the episodes up for free on YouTube because the real money-makers are the toys and model kits. Free episodes on YouTube = more eyes on the show = more people who want to build their own Aerial/Calibarn/Schwarzette.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/G_Witch_M/status/1726163413259215268?t=9mNZ33B_WIJ7fU9SyAJMeQ&s=19

They're releasing a Blu Ray version of the August 6 Asticassia School Assembly event.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Shout outs to the two dorks in the back

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Mobile Suit Gundam The Witch From Mercury Season 2 - This Show Slaps

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/MON0EYE/status/1726972115872833994?t=HwV77KP-VEdFtkt9pqL6eQ&s=19

The Lion ornament and desk clutter.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
lol I hadn't noticed how odd the original rifle design was

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And the wedding rings are still in the BDs if this ad is any tell

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Waffleman_ posted:

And the wedding rings are still in the BDs if this ad is any tell

Better loving be :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They'd be lighting their house on fire if they did that. It was never going to happen, though.