Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The snooze duration hadn't been set to an hour, but three hours a piece. It's now 21:46 lmao. Time for lunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neslepaks
Sep 3, 2003

just beer

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

So sick with the flu I'm just sitting in front of the laptop blowing my nose and watching Are You Being Served? on the You Tube. The fever makes me just soak the bed with PISSsweat and also too hosed up to read. But on the plus side, this is only the second time this month I've had the flu!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

3D Megadoodoo posted:

this is only the second time this month I've had the flu!

did you get a positive flu test both times? otherwise ones probably covid

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mediaphage posted:

did you get a positive flu test both times? otherwise ones probably covid

a positive flu test? lmao.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

echinopsis posted:

what meds n poo poo do people takes on the daily

me?

empagliflozin
atorvastatin
candesartan
bupropion
methylphenidate
clinicians multivite
some big rear end magnesium
fishes oil

this is peak health

Wtf

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I just take speed, prozac, weed, beers, and the most potent drug of all: zest for life

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

And I'm just coursing w testosterone which has to count for something

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
my left shoulder and elbow have started to hurt p all the time and i do not care for this at all as i am left handed

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I couldn't remember where pirunpaska (Satan's poo poo) came from and it's from a plant called ASSAFOETIDA.

(THATS LIKE FOETID rear end IN CASE U MISSED IT)

I cook some recipes that call for this, and frankly it does not sound appealing!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i woke up at frEAKING TWO AM and i just tried to take a nap and i CANT !!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Carthag Tuek posted:

have you considered: drinking yourself into a stupor every night?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

FMguru posted:

have you considered: drinking yourself into a stupor every night?

lol i literally just poured myself a whisky

but no i only drink on the weekends

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Carthag Tuek posted:

I genuinely feel for you.

I'm sorry.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Seriouspost.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Seriouspost.

thx jer

fuckin sleep patterns are made up bullshit

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
got some 60w equivalent 8w led lightbulbs at costco. 18 pack, $20 CAD. pretty excited about it. replaced all the garage lightbulbs. they illuminate so fast now

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kenny Logins posted:

got some 60w equivalent 8w led lightbulbs at costco. 18 pack, $20 CAD. pretty excited about it. replaced all the garage lightbulbs. they illuminate so fast now

💦💦💦

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
man my memory 😳

some one came into work and others were like hey how are you? clearly they knew her. I asked someone who it was and they gave her name and then I said oh what did she do when she was here and my coworker said “you used to work with her”… drat

and another person started work for the xmas holidays and was introducing self etc and then someone says you were here last year huh and I looked at her and said “have we met before?” and she says yeah ../ drat

it’s one thing to forget someone but then your memory is jogged and it comes right back .. but what about when your memory is jogged and .. still blank ./. 🥺

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you hear others talking about those with dementia saying things like oh they can remember millions of details about certain things and it’s like they’re in denial about accepting someone having dementia cos parts or their memory are fine

it’s like that. it’s not like a global issue with memory but just a couple things rhat make u go ohhh poo poo

I once read alzheimers and insulin resistance have stuff in common and ive already been a type 2
for 21 years ………

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Kenny Logins posted:

that rules. ill keep an eye out

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

echi you have untreated add, memory issues are a classic symptom

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

docmed jones up in here

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

he's right tho

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Cat Face Joe posted:

he's right tho

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

well I am now treated

but I also know myself well enough to know when my memory is acting as (ai think) it should and when it surprises me that I can’t remember something

there’s a difference between forgetting something but it can be brought back (like when you forget about something stupid you did drunk) vs something you forgot but can’t be brought back (like with benzos, which is a terrifying experience)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ngl being treated for adhd is made me a much more effective cog in the machine, my pointless personality no longer gets in front of basic tasks at work

it also makes me more boring, but I assume from others perspective this means I am less annoying

take out all that annoying poo poo on u guys instead :smugmrgw:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

echinopsis posted:

ngl being treated for adhd is made me a much more effective cog in the machine, my pointless personality no longer gets in front of basic tasks at work

it also makes me more boring, but I assume from others perspective this means I am less annoying

take out all that annoying poo poo on u guys instead :smugmrgw:

didnt really want to say anything but mate it seems like you've improved so much from even 2 years ago and light years from 5 years ago so keep on keeping on. the effort you put into working on yourself and your situation is very noticed so good on ya :)

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Achmed Jones posted:

years ago when I was speaking to a psychologist I was beating myself up about similar stuff. She explained that with ADHD it's not a question of remembering, you often just don't form the memory at all in the first place. There's nothing there to remember.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Cat Face Joe posted:

that rules. ill keep an eye out
folks i went back and bought another box, just to be safe. they’re labelled ‘brilliant white’ but they’re warmish which is honestly perfect

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I guess I just have a bad shoulder now

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Silver Alicorn posted:

hey me too, bad shoulder pals!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I'm supposed to schedule PT

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Silver Alicorn posted:

use the other one

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

knox_harrington posted:

years ago when I was speaking to a psychologist I was beating myself up about similar stuff. She explained that with ADHD it's not a question of remembering, you often just don't form the memory at all in the first place. There's nothing there to remember.

yep

my theory is it has something to do with whether or not the experience triggers a strong emotional response or not. your brain automatically filters it out as not important and it makes no imprint. it’s the same reason why I can usually remember how a movie made me feel and I my memories are usually linked to the stimulating parts, and I forget mostly everything else. Also it’s the same reason why I can remember funny quotes or impactful song lyrics for decades without any problem

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PokeJoe posted:

use the other one

god have you two for a
reason

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
re : memory

like adhd or any brain hosed-up-ness is an umbrella of symptoms. like when I was doing any kind of adhd assessment yeah I’d meet most criteria but some it was like no that’s not an issue at all. and while I probably do have worse memory than others I wouldn’t generally say my memory is atrocious compared to others

it’s almost by definition impossible using self inquiry to determine if your thinking at the time is hampered or not. maybe under influence of drugs, but if for example your memory is getting worse over time the only way you can tell is by noticing that you’re forgetting things you never used to forget. there is no direct awareness of this, just a
perspective gained thru knowing your own self over time. so if someone is surprised they’re forgetting things they themselves think they shouldn’t haven’t forgetten.. ugh anyway if there is a silver lining I am far more likely to get taken out by by a major cardio vascular event before dementia has its way with me :smugmrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

graph posted:

didnt really want to say anything but mate it seems like you've improved so much from even 2 years ago and light years from 5 years ago so keep on keeping on. the effort you put into working on yourself and your situation is very noticed so good on ya :)

thanks man

fun fact :sometimes i read a post someone else posted and i’m like ehhh i wouldn’t even post that

that’s growth