Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Yeah I guess late Jobs era Magic Mouse rip off is my only option. Too bad they only come in black or white.

Also I want a mouse shaped mouse now, but how do you search it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Just say it out loud, that seems to bring up all kinds of stuff for me.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I appreciate this mouse although the price is a bit on the high side

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005492401823.html

It doesn't look out of place alongside a Mac, takes normal batteries and has bluetooth so you don't waste a usb port on a dongle.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Does Ali have a decent mouse with a 2d touchpad instead of a scroll wheel?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

r u ready to WALK posted:

It doesn't look out of place alongside a Mac, takes normal batteries and has bluetooth so you don't waste a usb port on a dongle.

Do you have it? Is it really metal shell? I think I am going to go for it. It was released 3 year ago, but it uses AA battery so it should be fine.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

stephenthinkpad posted:

Yeah I guess late Jobs era Magic Mouse rip off is my only option. Too bad they only come in black or white.

I tried "computer mouse animal" and got a lot of cutesy options. Mostly hamsters though instead of actual mice.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804988387737.html

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

r u ready to WALK posted:

that looks like one of the Surface mouse models

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

stephenthinkpad posted:

Do you have it? Is it really metal shell? I think I am going to go for it. It was released 3 year ago, but it uses AA battery so it should be fine.

Turns out I misremembered, I got another variant that is a bit smaller https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33001606757.html
I do think the first one I posted is a lot prettier though.

The one I have is plastic with some kind of thin top layer that feels like real metal and is cold to the touch.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

stephenthinkpad posted:

Mouse shaped mouse works fine in Google. It also gave a result of an instructive on how to make a taxidermied computer mouse, which is awful but kind of funny.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Henry Ford steel drinking flask

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EwX3Sfb

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
I recently saw a streamer fawning over a new mouse by a chinese manufacturer I never heard of, apparently it was immediately sold out after release. Already forgot what it was called. Anyone ring a bell?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

busalover posted:

I recently saw a streamer fawning over a new mouse by a chinese manufacturer I never heard of, apparently it was immediately sold out after release. Already forgot what it was called. Anyone ring a bell?

That youtuber was paid by the chinese manufacturer to say that.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
mmyeah usually I'd agree with you, but in this guy's case... well you never know

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

stephenthinkpad posted:

Is a hamster close enough?

You might have luck finding knockoffs on Ali by searching for "oshiri mouse," but expect some less-than-savory hits, too, since "oshiri" just means "butt."

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

I don't even have a use for this, but I don't know if I can keep myself from buying it.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_mq7QVRi

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I've always been confused about Black Friday sales on Ali, considering how it apparently takes several months for purchases to arrive. Do they expedite shipments so they'll be delivered in time for Christmas, or do they just call it a Black Friday sale because it's happening on Black Friday, delivery dates be damned?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They’ve been shipping stuff within 14 days recently. Probably to compete with Temu.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
I definitely feel like it’s the latter: delivery dates be damned. I’ve got a few things in my cart waiting to see if Friday will see a price drop or not.

Not in my cart: Mushrooms that look like bottoms calendar

Weird not-money coins and notes that are definitely not authorised. There’s hundreds of these and I don’t think anyone would want to buy them but here they are:

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

lol some chinese dude really doesn't like Luke.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

What’s the exchange rate from scarjos to swifties? How many scarjos for a Vader?

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

dc3k posted:

one of my first ever orders has failed to clear customs

rip 2000w hot air gun :(

it cleared customs and arrived. but is a 240v model. rip 2000w hot air gun, hello 500w hot air gun :lol:

i can't wait to set my house on fire

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

One of my orders I was starting to give up on arrived, after about two months, the last three weeks of which after it left customs and was handed to the local postal service... But then, the paper cutter I posted earlier arrived in just about two weeks. Logistics is such an adventure!

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

DRINK ME posted:

I definitely feel like it’s the latter: delivery dates be damned. I’ve got a few things in my cart waiting to see if Friday will see a price drop or not.

Not in my cart: Mushrooms that look like bottoms calendar

Weird not-money coins and notes that are definitely not authorised. There’s hundreds of these and I don’t think anyone would want to buy them but here they are:

Thank you for not linking to the ScaJo coins and Star Wars bills.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Devils Affricate posted:

Do they expedite shipments so they'll be delivered in time for Christmas, or do they just call it a Black Friday sale because it's happening on Black Friday, delivery dates be damned?
I'm pretty sure black friday stopped being about buying stuff to give other people for christmas a long time ago

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

DEFORMATION CARS

MECHANICAL PERSONS IN CONCEALMENT

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Before reading the title I thought this had a different function but that probably comes from working in the taxi industry

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I think a youtuber invented it for the clicks and those crazy Chinese factories just ran with it

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
https://unnecessaryinventions.com/the-jewel-cooler/

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

freelop posted:

Before reading the title I thought this had a different function but that probably comes from working in the taxi industry

Haha.

---

Anyways. Black Friday Temu sales are on!

USB Rechargeable Mosquito Swatter with LED Lamp - Effective Mosquito Control for Home and Dormitories

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
What's the point if I can't shock my friends

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Armacham posted:

You don't need a gizmo for that, just a few fingers.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Blow posted:

Haha.

---

Anyways. Black Friday Temu sales are on!

USB Rechargeable Mosquito Swatter with LED Lamp - Effective Mosquito Control for Home and Dormitories

Then what's the loving point of having electric mosquitos if they can't electrify people?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Armacham posted:

Just remembered I took that picture in a little shop in Northern Ireland

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Vlaphor posted:

Then what's the loving point of having electric mosquitos if they can't electrify people?

That's just a recommendation, not a rule

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Vlaphor posted:

Well only non-electric mosquitos do electrify people you see?

My knowledge of electromagnetism and basic sentence structure is starting to break down about here...

wibble
May 20, 2001
Meep meep

Lead out in cuffs posted:

How much was duty on it though?

Tax is now included for my country.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Getting more of my 11.11 stuff. The work knife(the 1858 on the link) I got for $1.79 is surprisingly nice. Seems sturdy and comes with 4 blades. Should be great for opening packaging. Even at 6, it's not bad.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805815400411.html

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/atc1441/status/1728128683733577955/

Seems to be these socks.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

You’re telling me I can give someone a hot foot with my phone now? The future is amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I absolutely not trust a cheap li ion battery with my feet, especially not when it's raining