Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
My father in law dug his record collection out of the wardrobe for me to investigate.

Turns out he’s the guy who originally bought all those weird panpipe or Scottish bagpipe or ‘truckers’ favourites’ compilations you find for 20c in second hand stores. But also the Shaft soundtrack and two copies of Bridge Over Troubled Water.

He’s a mysterious fellow.

The best thing though is that he wrote the purchase date on every single record sleeve. So theoretically he could arrange his collection autobiographically. 😄

Creature fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

caligulamprey posted:

Fever Ray stuff

Sick pics.

I had one of my local stores order me a copy of Radical Romantics last week, it’s probably my favorite album from this year.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

haljordan posted:

sporklift what kind of turntable do you have

I have a pair of Stanton str8-150's In the record room. It's in "battle position" to save a little space.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

sporklift posted:

I have a pair of Stanton str8-150's In the record room. It's in "battle position" to save a little space.

That is some nice looking equipment I tell you what.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

haljordan posted:

That is some nice looking equipment I tell you what.

Thanks. All the stuff is old and used but still works for my basic poo poo. My buddy sold me the stantons $200 for the pair. They were a little beat but they are tanks. (they do have that old plastic sticky thing going on though) I'm kinda kicking myself because a month ago the same guy had the newer versions of the same tables that he was asking $400 for the pair brand new. I think my wife was annoyed that I was even considering it. My Behringer ddm4000 mixer was down to two working channels and one of those was iffy so I bit the bullet and found that Numark M6 for $90. It basically looks brand new. Not pictured is the Numark Axis 9 CD player. Found a pair of those and both were not really working so I cannibalized the parts from one and got the other mostly working. The effects don't work but the tray opens and it plays CDs again so a win in my book haha. Oh and the 'scratch' effect still works when the CD is paused. All this is plugged directly into the audio jack of a 7 year old Dell running Audacity. Should I use the USB instead? Who knows. Sounds fine to me.

TL;DR

I cheap out on my equipment so I can afford more records.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

sporklift posted:

Thanks. All the stuff is old and used but still works for my basic poo poo. My buddy sold me the stantons $200 for the pair. They were a little beat but they are tanks. (they do have that old plastic sticky thing going on though) I'm kinda kicking myself because a month ago the same guy had the newer versions of the same tables that he was asking $400 for the pair brand new. I think my wife was annoyed that I was even considering it. My Behringer ddm4000 mixer was down to two working channels and one of those was iffy so I bit the bullet and found that Numark M6 for $90. It basically looks brand new. Not pictured is the Numark Axis 9 CD player. Found a pair of those and both were not really working so I cannibalized the parts from one and got the other mostly working. The effects don't work but the tray opens and it plays CDs again so a win in my book haha. Oh and the 'scratch' effect still works when the CD is paused. All this is plugged directly into the audio jack of a 7 year old Dell running Audacity. Should I use the USB instead? Who knows. Sounds fine to me.

TL;DR

I cheap out on my equipment so I can afford more records.

Yeah the turntable I have belonged to my dad and is about 50 years old but still works great lol

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
This is totally about vanity and keeping my living room matching. I'm in the market for a turntable to set up next to a multimedia PC I just built. New school meets old school look. The PC is white with black accents and I'm looking for something I can match that with. So far I've only seen the Fluance RT81 and the AudioTechnica LP3XBT. Those are both around the same price point coincidentally. Anyone know which is the better option, or if there's something else out there aesthetically that I haven't run into yet? Same question applies to speakers tbh.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
HAUL

Notes:

1). Good News with that Lion & The Cobra copy: I nabbed it for $30! Bad News: That's also how much shipping cost. :smith:

2). How the gently caress did I run into that Fates Warning album in the wild???

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Today I got the 20th anniversary edition of Michigan by Sufjan Stevens. I already had a copy, I'm not sure why I ordered it, the case was the same as the original. The only difference is that the records are blue and maize and green and white in honor of University of Michigan and Michigan State University.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I got the LIMITED EDITION 6th anniversary Lust For Life in the mail, cause 6th anniversaries are special obviously

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
had to drop my pup st the groomers so I swung by a record store. Picked up Rilo Kiley, the hold steady single, And Charly Bliss' Supermoon and Young enough at 50% off. Not a bad little haul. No Konami record though

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
My Death Grips pre-order should be coming in soon (no idea why that's not on the RSD list), and I may grab the Three 6 Mafia release if I happen to be downtown today. Piper's Summer Breeze is fantastic, but I already own that.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Lol I totally forgot what I even was halfway thinking about for RSD black Friday outside of disappointment with the Konami record. I preordered the SNES Bomberman ost highlights instead of RSD so go Hudson Soft!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I got a tracking number this time from SoundOfVinyl saying two of the four "free" records had shipped. However, by the time I put them in my tracking program, they were already on my front steps. (I had a cat on my lap, so I couldn't check it at the time. I'm sure you all understand.) No tracking number on the last two yet.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

IUG posted:

I got a tracking number this time from SoundOfVinyl saying two of the four "free" records had shipped. However, by the time I put them in my tracking program, they were already on my front steps. (I had a cat on my lap, so I couldn't check it at the time. I'm sure you all understand.) No tracking number on the last two yet.

I just got my shipping notice this morning too. Apparently they are in the next city over and will arrive Tuesday according to tracking so we'll see if I have a package when I get home from work tonight or not.

Revolver *still* hasn't shipped my pre-order of the latest Myrkur record that came out earlier this month :argh: get your poo poo together Revolver!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I got a tracking number for the pay only shipping albums I bought today and I guess they already delivered this afternoon, hope no one steals them before I get back home tomorrow. Would have been nice to get some notice so I’d know to hold my mail.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Oh! Forgot to add that I grabbed a copy of the soundtrack for Run Lola Run/Lola Rennt, by Tom Tykwer. Fuckin' love that movie.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

joylessdivision posted:

I just got my shipping notice this morning too. Apparently they are in the next city over and will arrive Tuesday according to tracking so we'll see if I have a package when I get home from work tonight or not.

You'll get an email when it's delivered. I took advantage and snagged a copy of "Moving Pictures" which was delivered today. According to tracking (USPS) it was supposed to arrive next Tuesday. Now they're doing another "free vinyl just pay shipping" sale until the 27th, but this time, it's double albums.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Pretty expensive shipping on that. $25 for one record, but the second record didn’t increase the price. So I picked up the Any Whinehouse (for my wife) and Rolling Stones live albums for like $13 each.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

IUG posted:

So I picked up the Any Whinehouse (for my wife)

Which album? :kiddo:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Live at Glastonbury 2007 (Clear Limited Edition). They had another by her, but it was sold out.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Did all of us order Moving Pictures?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yes.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Heath posted:

Is there a new fancy version or something? I think mine got destroyed by our cat.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

LITA is having a good sale right now.

https://lightintheattic.net/collections/sale/

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed Link Wray and the live MC5 album.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Oh hell yeah thanks

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Works on preorders, looks like

Edit: I had to adjust the quantity up and down in the cart for the 10% discount to apply to the subtotal.

wa27 fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Nov 26, 2023

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

TheMightyBoops posted:

Is there a new fancy version or something? I think mine got destroyed by our cat.

40th? Anniversary edition, yeah. Got mine today :D

Sadly only had one little cardboard lyric sheet in it when the picture showed little cards for all the lyrics but eh, whatever.

I've got two live albums by The Damned coming, along with a compilation of theirs and the album "Anything" which is not a great Damned record but drat does it have some really fun songs on it. Of course I ordered that from someone in Europe on eBay so it's taking forever to arrive :(

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Heath posted:

i didn't, but i already have a fairly recent pressing

got five of the six i ordered from the sale, still waiting on one which hasn't shipped at all

might have sold out, but if so, but the end of the world, it's just a stones record

got a bunch of stuff from a half-price recently as well, should take a few photos for the thread

maybe after i clean the kitchen

e: checking which rush records i don't have on wax and of course the next two chronologically that i don't have (counterparts and t4e) are both going for stupid amounts of money - i didn't even bother checking the 00s stuff

hexwren fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Nov 26, 2023

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Heath posted:

No because I'm happy with my original.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Awesome -- thanks for the heads up. Picked up the second and third volumes of the Pacific Breeze series.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

McCoy Pauley posted:

Awesome -- thanks for the heads up. Picked up the second and third volumes of the Pacific Breeze series.

I just grabbed the trio. $74 shipped is sweet.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

love that link wray album

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

love that link wray album

Yeah. It has been out off stock the last few times I checked so I was worried it was OOP. Stoked to pick it up for under $20.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
I'm about to do some dumb fuckshit and get my own version of an OOP Beatles compilation pressed.

That thing has the wildest freakin tracklist and the first side never matched the cover art, so I'm about to spend $150 to get my version for my personal use only using later non-album singles and b-sides/outtakes:

Side 1
Hey Jude
Old Brown Shoe
Don't Let Me Down
The Ballad Of John And Yoko
Lady Madonna
The Inner Light

_______
[22:01]

Side 2
Revolution
Hey Bulldog
Come And Get It - Anthology 3 version
Not Guilty - Anthology 3 version
Only A Northern Song - Anthology 3 version
You Know My Name (Look Up The Number) - Anthology 2 version

_______
[20:53]

Someone please stop me.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Someone please stop me.

Is this rhetorical or....? Because I can come up with a question for you to ponder about this.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Turbinosamente posted:

Is this rhetorical or....? Because I can come up with a question for you to ponder about this.

Yeah this is an autist move I'm just gonna make a digipack CD hahahahahahhahahahhuihahhsahhaha

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Just print your own labels and buy a jewel case like a non weirdo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
Do it.