Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dokapon Findom posted:

Like, was the intro sequence itself supposed to change as well as the song for when Chase wanted each episode to start with a different song?

I don't think so. In fact Chase even chopped the intro sequence down because Tony was supposed to drive past the other characters but instead he just went with the parts of Newark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Dawgstar posted:

I don't think so. In fact Chase even chopped the intro sequence down because Tony was supposed to drive past the other characters but instead he just went with the parts of Newark.

lol if they did that they'd have to update it regularly on account of everyone getting whacked :razz:

Chase does best when he hates his audience, because the results are pretty mixed with earnest ideas like this

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Dawgstar posted:

Jimmy Altieri's crew after Jimmy's untimely passing.

It's sad when they go young like that

kalel posted:

still reeling from this

PostNoveau can no longer be a part of our social club

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Dawgstar posted:

I believe someone said to him "So you want it to look like an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond?"

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

loling thinking about this, imagining the intro interspersed with Tony driving past every character listed in the credits when their name appears, them waving at him and looking directly at the camera like the Beverly Hillbillies

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Season 1 down and even standing next to murderers, pimps, etc in this series I can stand Intintola the absolute least. He's such a scumbag preying on these people's literal souls (if you believe that kind of thing) to get his rocks off.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

The Mafia never could have hoped to compete with the evil, swindling thuggery of the catholic church. Though I've often wondered what ties there may be between them.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

There's no such thing as the Mafia

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Beansie, you gotta take this :catstare:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TheKingslayer posted:

Season 1 down and even standing next to murderers, pimps, etc in this series I can stand Intintola the absolute least. He's such a scumbag preying on these people's literal souls (if you believe that kind of thing) to get his rocks off.

His theology is terrible, too. Just quotes Scripture without anything to back it up when he's not quoting the Rolling Stones. Carmela has a genuine question about Matthew 5:45 and the best Monseigneur Jughead can do is the winsome Kevin James shrug.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Also he likes too much pepper on his salad.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

TheKingslayer posted:

I'd do what he did for some consistent access to ziti.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Dawgstar posted:

His theology is terrible, too. Just quotes Scripture without anything to back it up when he's not quoting the Rolling Stones. Carmela has a genuine question about Matthew 5:45 and the best Monseigneur Jughead can do is the winsome Kevin James shrug.

In that way he’s consistent with the show’s portrayal of other institutions not really being about what they’re supposed to be about. The mafia is about money, not honor. The FBI agents act callously and seem to care about “winning” more than protecting people. And the Catholic priest spends more time taking advantage of his status in the community than he does providing effective spiritual counsel and guidance.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Tony is a piece of garbage.

But man sometimes Tony totally owns.

When he lays it down to Richie that he's the boss and he's gonna pay him respect it's some primo Tony.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Tony's got a lotta balls demanding respect when he won't even wear the leather jacket I gave him!!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

the jaaackeeett

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Another Bill posted:

Tony's got a lotta balls demanding respect when he won't even wear the leather jacket I gave him!!

I could slice an ear off his head. :mad:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Ya gotta nip in da bud

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

He's got tremendous moxie for his size.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Don’t gimme your fuckin’ Manson lamps.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

TheKingslayer posted:

Tony is a piece of garbage.

But man sometimes Tony totally owns.

When he lays it down to Richie that he's the boss and he's gonna pay him respect it's some primo Tony.

If it wasn't for his upbringing Tone could be a tremendously inspiring and thoughtful leader of men. He's smart, charismatic, tough, and is (or could be) sensitive and compassionate, on occasion at least.

Unfortunately he's irrevocably hosed because his upbringing taught him never to genuinely consider or attempt to be a better person than he is

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Barry Foster posted:

If it wasn't for his upbringing Tone could be a tremendously inspiring and thoughtful leader of men. He's smart, charismatic, tough, and is (or could be) sensitive and compassionate, on occasion at least.

As a nonvarsity athlete? I think not

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Small hands, that was his problem.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
People talk about Massive Genius and the rapper in the hospital being bad, but even the names they come up with for off-screen black characters are hilariously bad. The first two that spring to mind are Fast Fatty and Swifty G.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Human Tornada posted:

People talk about Massive Genius and the rapper in the hospital being bad, but even the names they come up with for off-screen black characters are hilariously bad. The first two that spring to mind are Fast Fatty and Swifty G.

The guy they were going to have whack Carmine Sr. before Tony changed his mind and had Benny and the other guy clean up the loose ends was named Credenzo, which sounds like a name that dropped off a racist chain email about a woman naming her kids after furniture

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Did Omar and his daughter have names?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Unidentified i believe

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie

banned from Starbucks posted:

Did Omar and his daughter have names?

Ray Ray and Leena.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

MrMojok posted:

Don’t gimme your fuckin’ Manson lamps.

I say this to my cat all the time. :catstare:

Pirate Radar posted:

In that way he’s consistent with the show’s portrayal of other institutions not really being about what they’re supposed to be about. The mafia is about money, not honor. The FBI agents act callously and seem to care about “winning” more than protecting people. And the Catholic priest spends more time taking advantage of his status in the community than he does providing effective spiritual counsel and guidance.

Yup, it's another "I feel like I got into this thing at the end of it" for the Father, who has to make his own way in a world where the church holds very little sway in how people live their lives. Another great example is Tony telling AJ how important it was for the first generation immigrants to build an expensive beautiful church to be the center of their culture and then abandon the whole neighborhood to blight as soon as they could afford bigger houses. Then you get Paulie's festival scheme to just rip them off too.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
You let Saint Elzear go without his hat!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Human Tornada posted:

Both of those people are only named, not seen, so…

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

theflyingexecutive posted:

I say this to my cat all the time. :catstare:

Yup, it's another "I feel like I got into this thing at the end of it" for the Father, who has to make his own way in a world where the church holds very little sway in how people live their lives. Another great example is Tony telling AJ how important it was for the first generation immigrants to build an expensive beautiful church to be the center of their culture and then abandon the whole neighborhood to blight as soon as they could afford bigger houses. Then you get Paulie's festival scheme to just rip them off too.

It’s over for the little guy

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Robert Patrick really is a talented dude. That he has the range to be an utterly convincing liquid metal assassin but also turn around and be this utterly pathetic addict is amazing to me.

Oh yeah this is the first time I've following with the write ups instead of reading them on their own and it's enhanced the viewing a lot. J-Ru is a real champion in this Sopranos thing of ours.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He’s just having some bad luck!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

Robert Patrick really is a talented dude. That he has the range to be an utterly convincing liquid metal assassin but also turn around and be this utterly pathetic addict is amazing to me.

Oh yeah this is the first time I've following with the write ups instead of reading them on their own and it's enhanced the viewing a lot. J-Ru is a real champion in this Sopranos thing of ours.

He was good in Peacemaker too I thought. Well, completely vile, but good at that

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
If I remember correctly being on the Sopranos saved his career. Other than showing up in stuff like Wayne’s World as the T-1000, he was doing direct-to-video horror movies for most of the nineties.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
He was in Cop Land, that movie is full of "Holy poo poo, that person is in this?" moments

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

If I remember correctly being on the Sopranos saved his career. Other than showing up in stuff like Wayne’s World as the T-1000, he was doing direct-to-video horror movies for most of the nineties.

Then the 2000s hit and he was in the Sopranos and the first Spy Kids movie!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Sean and Matt are almost unbelievably stupid. Most people probably think they only exist in fiction, but gently caress if I haven't known a few Seans and Matts in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
You made me do all the talking. You always do that. You left me out in the motherfucking cocksucking wind.