Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

jesus WEP posted:

y’all going after bix like he didn’t set his dvr correctly
Apparently YouTube TV doesn't let you pad the recording and trying to record the next show doesn't always work, so I also kind of get where Bryan is coming from now, to boot...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its your job to record the movie that comes on after as well

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

jesus WEP posted:

y’all going after bix like he didn’t set his dvr correctly

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If my job was to review a tv show, I’d make sure I was recording it properly tbh

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

If my job was to review a tv show, I’d make sure I was recording it properly tbh

his real job is getting people to subscribe to his podcasts and it's much more entertaining that he can't watch the last x minutes of the show and it turning into arguments and rants spanning multiple shows

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

If my job was to review a WWE tv show, I’d make sure I got a new job

Agreed

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It's a real job, go cry me a river.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Right. You could probably write off paying for cable on your taxes

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

posting from your own twitter profile would have karmicknight slapping a 30 day probe on you like when they got my boy shard. a sad state of affairs for the mod team when it skates by with only a few angry quotes, in this poster’s humble opinion

Lol poo poo I forgot about that

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

At least a computer didn't write your jokes for you. Really what makes it sad. Our beloved content creators are forgetting how to create.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

His job is to be a Goofball Online and he's one of the best to ever do it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

davidbix posted:

If the engagement I got was any indication? Yes.

social media brain rot

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

davidbix posted:

If the engagement I got was any indication? Yes.
nice dude. hopefully you think of some other clever things to type into a chat bot

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Dave Meltzer: Bryan, you won't believe the DVR issues I had recording AEW last night.

Bryan Alvarez: Oh, really? What happened?

Dave Meltzer: It just decided to skip the main event. Can you imagine missing that Omega match?

Bryan Alvarez: That's infuriating. But hey, let's go "mask off" for a sec. What's your honest take on AEW's recent storylines?

Dave Meltzer: Honestly, some are hitting the mark, but others feel a bit forced. They need to find a balance.

Bryan Alvarez: Totally agree. And what about the fan reactions? Are they as organic as they seem?

Dave Meltzer: Well, some are genuine, but social media amplifies everything. Fans sometimes get too caught up in the hype.

Bryan Alvarez: True, true. It's refreshing to discuss this without worrying about the public reaction.

Dave Meltzer: Absolutely. Sometimes we all need to go "mask off" and have real talk about the industry.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

gently caress you.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

sleep with the vicious posted:

Dave Meltzer: Bryan, you won't believe the DVR issues I had recording AEW last night.

Bryan Alvarez: Oh, really? What happened?

Dave Meltzer: It just decided to skip the main event. Can you imagine missing that Omega match?

Bryan Alvarez: That's infuriating. But hey, let's go "mask off" for a sec. What's your honest take on AEW's recent storylines?

Dave Meltzer: Honestly, some are hitting the mark, but others feel a bit forced. They need to find a balance.

Bryan Alvarez: Totally agree. And what about the fan reactions? Are they as organic as they seem?

Dave Meltzer: Well, some are genuine, but social media amplifies everything. Fans sometimes get too caught up in the hype.

Bryan Alvarez: True, true. It's refreshing to discuss this without worrying about the public reaction.

Dave Meltzer: Absolutely. Sometimes we all need to go "mask off" and have real talk about the industry.
gently caress you.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Bix got his rear end ATE (in a bad way)

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

davidbix posted:

gently caress you.

Lol nobody made you post your robot tweet, you can take the L and move on

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

davidbix posted:

gently caress you.

davidbix posted:

gently caress you.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Okay, I was letting it ride because I thought it was funny, but this is crossing a line. Bix, posting your own AI tweet and bragging about engagement was extremely stupid (or at least shortsighted), and you should have expected some kickback from it especially in a thread which is dedicated to posting about people who, to the vast majority of people here, are talking heads at best. I don't think you get to have the moral high ground when someone turns the tables and posts a chatGPT bit in response to your own chatGPT bit. With that said, this is a pretty extreme derail at this point so in general, let's not push further, no more antagonizing other posters. And maybe refrain from blatant self-promotion like that in the future.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PMbJHxjamI

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1730055129657725358

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Okay, I was letting it ride because I thought it was funny, but this is crossing a line. Bix, posting your own AI tweet and bragging about engagement was extremely stupid (or at least shortsighted), and you should have expected some kickback from it especially in a thread which is dedicated to posting about people who, to the vast majority of people here, are talking heads at best. I don't think you get to have the moral high ground when someone turns the tables and posts a chatGPT bit in response to your own chatGPT bit. With that said, this is a pretty extreme derail at this point so in general, let's not push further, no more antagonizing other posters. And maybe refrain from blatant self-promotion like that in the future.
...I literally just thought it was funny that someone else had the same stupid idea. Which should have been self-evident to anyone who wasn't acting in bad faith. Why would I be BRAGGING about a ChatGPT output? Good lord, use some common sense. I just didn't expect everyone to outright poo poo on it because it was seen as mildly amusing at the time.

Also this thread has always encouraged self-promotion, regardless, so...huh? gently caress you.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

You are acting like a real rear end right now

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Shard posted:

You are acting like a real rear end right now
Lemme guess: Were you one of the antisemitism enablers a few months ago?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lol
Lmao

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
thread going real mask off right now

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Erin you mean well but bix is incapable of just letting something go so I’d go ahead and end this asap.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

davidbix posted:

You talking about the whole VoW discord thing?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Seams posted:

thread going real mask off right now
Just like Holocaust minimization is Holocaust denial, antisemitism minimization is antisemitism.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

duckdealer posted:

You talking about the whole VoW discord thing?
I meant the podcasters suggesting the quarters thing, but sure, that too if it happened to be relevant.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

davidbix posted:

Is there a specific thing you're talking about here or are you just going to accuse people of poo poo because they were rude to you? What event are you even referring to?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

What in tarnation

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Are there any podcasts by wrestlers not about wrestking . Like the honky tonk man having a bitcoin podcast

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

This is booking I can get behind

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Imagine a sinister minister Italian horror movie podcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

One of my favorite bits on a Deadlock I listened to was when they stopped the pod to talk about seeing Jason Lives (I think) in a theater and how cool that would be, so this is something I approve of.