Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I've heard Disney referred to as "The Mouse" frequently enough that the change is funny to me in a way that's probably not intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Araki himself barely got away with featuring Disney here. I don't fault Viz at all.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The physical releases are far behind, Stone Ocean starts in Jan I think, but it's hella cool to have all of JoJo in English up to P6 as books you can just buy off a nerd shop shelf now.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Nah, Stone Ocean started this week, although some stores were selling vol 1 a couple days early. It looks like Viz is releasing them every two months, so pre-SBR will probably be all in English hardcover volumes by the start of 2025.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Nah, Stone Ocean started this week, although some stores were selling vol 1 a couple days early. It looks like Viz is releasing them every two months, so pre-SBR will probably be all in English hardcover volumes by the start of 2025.

I did know and have forgottten that UK gets them about a month and a bit later for some reason!!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/PART7Confirmed/status/1730497100981350456?t=tfxm363uGkoLsEETybNwXQ&s=19

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Takes time to gather all that CG horse tech

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I really hope they dont lean on the CGI too much even if it means taking a few more years to come out.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If it does happen, Netflix need to drop it weekly on Fridays.

How the gently caress did they bungle JoJo friday so badly.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Yeah I really hate how netflix released stone ocean in 2 batches like that instead of weekly episodes

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

If I had a nickel for every time Netflix botched its handling of an anime property...

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The combination of the terrible release and genuinely awful subtitles is why I haven't fully watched Part 6 yet.

I read the manga so it's not like I don't know what happened but I enjoy David Production's animation, it's just not great to watch like this.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yeah I stopped watching after Green Baby and still haven't bothered getting to the final batch.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Topical

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLovtZIfymQ

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yeah I stopped watching after Green Baby and still haven't bothered getting to the final batch.

The middle batch was absolutely ghastly, just unbelievable. The final batch however kicks up the pace fast and once you reach Underworld and onwards it quickly becomes the best JoJo’s anime imho. So uh, don’t sleep on it, the ending is fantastic.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
If Netflix distributes it then it's guaranteed to just get batch dropped, Netflix does not give even the slightest poo poo about the viewer experience.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

CodfishCartographer posted:

If Netflix distributes it then it's guaranteed to just get batch dropped, Netflix does not give even the slightest poo poo about the viewer experience.

Netflix does weekly releases just fine...everywhere but the US. Which they insist on batch releases exclusively for some reason.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The anime’s execution of Part 6’s final arc was very good

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

Netflix does weekly releases just fine...everywhere but the US. Which they insist on batch releases exclusively for some reason.

Is that true? The UK also got batch releases

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/morganstedmanms/status/1731496684209754406?s=20

Holy gently caress

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The random car. :allears:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

this is surreal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV9qR02w0LI

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Obura di, obura da

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Are we sure he's 89 years old?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-AvBxjvAgE

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

last one for the night, sick burns with wonder of u

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQiuSBrool4

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Are we sure he's 89 years old?

It's literally impossible for him to be

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/jojo_wiki/status/1731521953230459047?s=20

:stare:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Confirmed Joseph<Wonder of U<Pissed off Josuke.

Also funnily enough his quotes against Johnny kinda confirm Tusk Act 4 can overcome the calamity given he's wary of him. So yeah, Infinite Spin in general is the counter to Endless Calamity, I admit my wrong.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I got to say ASB is making me appreciate Wonder of U a bit more.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

JJL is definitely less than the sum of its parts, but WoU is one of those parts and is pretty drat cool

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Obla dee, obla daa

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Please do if you like Stone Ocean at all - the final batch is really good, especially the final few (from Cape Canaveral onwards). And the last episode is super touching for the whole series - they did it perfectly.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I think Wonder of U is cool in a vacuum, but his actual role in the story was pretty lame. Glad to see it getting another lease on life where you don't spend years of your life seeing him stand against a wall.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
He looked pretty cool in that wall tbh

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

JJL rules and so does WoU. Would still rather it was Yasuho

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah the real problem with Wonder of U is that Araki didn't actually have a main antagonist until the last minute. Imagine if Wonder of U was more present in even just the back half

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah the real problem with Wonder of U is that Araki didn't actually have a main antagonist until the last minute. Imagine if Wonder of U was more present in even just the back half

Imagine, constant reminders that he is, shockingly, 89 years old. Every page, for multiple chapters, multiple volumes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

Imagine, constant reminders that he is, shockingly, 89 years old. Every page, for multiple chapters, multiple volumes.

At that age, he should be docile, like a winter catfish!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think WoU was bad