Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tunicate posted:

Also, and you can verify this, all the kickstarter stretch goals were fulfilled
know what you can't verify? whether that one person got to do the interview that nobody will ever admit was not the real team

I certainly hope they did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nothing is stopping that person from impersonating the dev team, you can just go out and do it

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Tunicate posted:

Nothing is stopping that person from impersonating the dev team, you can just go out and do it

It's a cheap and legal thrill

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

GoodluckJonathan posted:

WE NEED CLOSURE

We got closure. We had the entire story explained to us why Barkley 2 crashed and burned. Everyone's wiped their hands clean of this affair and moved on at this point and basically so should everyone else.
It's been fun hounding this thread for 11 years and the dumb jokes that spawned from it, but c'mon. It's been 11 years and we're even passed our dumbass The Promise Has Been Made joke date. It's done.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

mdct posted:

We got closure. We had the entire story explained to us why Barkley 2 crashed and burned. Everyone's wiped their hands clean of this affair and moved on at this point and basically so should everyone else.
It's been fun hounding this thread for 11 years and the dumb jokes that spawned from it, but c'mon. It's been 11 years and we're even passed our dumbass The Promise Has Been Made joke date. It's done.

Yes. And now it is time for the thread to die.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
The people who still want to post "Haha I can't wait for this game to come out (ironic)" can seamlessly transition to the Silksong thread :)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

But Silksong's never coming out

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

BUTTERWORBS posted:

game looks g reat cant wait for the late 2013 release

Future Days
Oct 25, 2013

The Taurus didn't offer much for drivers craving the sport sedan experience. That changed with the 1989 debut of the Ford Taurus SHO (for Super High Output), a Q-ship of the finest order that offered up a high-revving Yamaha-designed V-6 engine and a tight sport suspension.
Can't wait for the second episode of Barkley 4. The Dark Pittsburgh storyline looks amazing.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

:gas:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I’m just gonna hold out for CyberTiger Gaiden

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I was going to hold out hope for Barky but then I saw the new Grand Theft Auto trailer and now I'm waiting for that game instead.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Bjuarklei

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Bhujararkley

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Put this thread out of its misery for hoopz'z sake

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I think someone should let Charlie Barkman know that the game might not be coming out. You know, as a courtesy.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Charles.mp4

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I think it would be fine to goldmine the thread, the stuff with the dev team coming in here and making GBS threads all over things was a great finale, and a cool reminder of when SA was a lot more relevant in having actual news happen here (and not just the "we have pedos and nazis here!" style news)

I also don't mind it being open either, even as someone who has mild obsessive compulsive disorder it doesn't bother me that this thing is out there popping up with new replies every so often (although yes i DO need to clear the unread number, that is very important)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ok I'll goldmine it in a day or two, pipe up if you think it's a terrible idea in the meantime

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

I think this might be my oldest bookmark, so I'll be sad to see it go, but yeah, the promise was not kept.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
What? No, it was kept. I downloaded the thing. Promise fulfilled as far as I'm concerned.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

the real Charles Barkley should decide the fate of this thread

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Barkley Gaiden Gaiden Chapter 2, the final conclusion to the Hoopz Barkley SaGa, is still upcoming.
In the mean time you can enjoy new game + on chapter 1 by pressing the + key while you start a new game.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Brarkley.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I've had more enjoyment from reading the joke's in this thread than I ever would've from the grim joke'sless turd the game turned out to be

Chas McGill in 2013 posted:

I'm only looking forward to two computer games - this, and Dark Souls 2.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
To many good new games have come out recently so I haven't actually played this myself, but since the thread is finally closing I'll once again quote this evidence that someone did something with the Barkley 2 assets, producing some kind of game at some level of quality:

Scarodactyl posted:

Now that you've seen the trailer for the trailer, here's the trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKOjlgNLsQc

Barkley 2 is dead. Long live Barkley 2.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
thanks for the joke's

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

leather fedora posted:

thank's for the joke's

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Semper game's...

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Wrex Ruckus posted:

the real Charles Barkley should decide the fate of this thread

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

leather fedora posted:

thanks for the joke's

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The promise?

Bapanada.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sequel development was just like dogs and they just sort of did things arbitrarily

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Shinjobi posted:

The sequel developers were just like dogs and they just sort of did things arbitrarily

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

NmareBfly posted:

Could a mod embed one of these in the first page? I'm a big fan of Bittersweet Slamphony.

Contributed, and my only real advice is that the 30ish dollar range is a sweet spot for a lot of Kickstarters and the soundtrack rewards on this one aren't particularly compelling. Not that the music isn't awesome, I just don't care much about soundtracks in general.

god i was such a dweeb

good thing a decade later i'm

gently caress

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

NmareBfly posted:

god i was such a dweeb

good thing a decade later i'm

gently caress

to answer your question, yes, the game doesn't verify files so you can just replace the oggs with whatever music you want and it will be forced to play it

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

I’ll miss this thread but better to close out while you’re still ”on top” and move on to greener pastures. The story of Barcula 2: The Creatures of The Night is over.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

sebmojo posted:

Ok I'll goldmine it in a day or two, pipe up if you think it's a terrible idea in the meantime

I think every lame person crying about this thread should be forced to only post in here.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Biplane posted:

I think every lame person crying about this thread should be forced to only post in here.

This is the cup of the Blood of the Cyberdwarf, the Blood of the New and Everlasting Promise Which Was Made; it will be shed for you and for all, for the forgiveness of sins. Slam and jam in memory of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014