Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

sorry, here

Also have some bluesky codes
bsky-social-b463p-jbsq6
bsky-social-canyy-a6z6q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Davethulhu posted:

sorry, here

bsky-social-b463p-jbsq6
bsky-social-canyy-a6z6q

Thanks, but I already have enough internet website accounts.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Davethulhu posted:

bsky-social-b463p-jbsq6
bsky-social-canyy-a6z6q

do i paste one of these codes into my profile? does it have to go in the aim handle field or can i put it in the icq field?

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34606

it didn't work, how do i?

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

this is a pretty sick album, check it out, i also recommend jun fukamachi in the same vein

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Maybe in the images thread of all places people can learn to just post screenshots of the funny thing instead of linking to an offsite that nobody wants to go to

fishbacon
Nov 4, 2009
wonderful yet strange smell

Davethulhu posted:

bsky-social-canyy-a6z6q

thanks now I can participate in real bitcoin giveaways!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

*frantically tries to recall yosmas gift*

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Mr Do I look like I give a crap

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

NoneMoreNegative posted:

>> Tell your sweetheart your password and let them use your online account for one free hour of chatting with you.

insanely poor opsec. why not suggest writing them an original poem that involves your mother's maiden name, the make/model of your first car, and the name of your first partner

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
mr. do what ms. won't

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

mystes
May 31, 2006

nudgenudgetilt posted:

do i paste one of these codes into my profile? does it have to go in the aim handle field or can i put it in the icq field?
Is this a joke? Isn't it just a code you use to register on blue sky?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

mystes posted:

Is this a joke? Isn't it just a code you use to register on blue sky?

can only assume that the suggestion that people register on bluesky was also a joke though

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

lmao stop trying to make bluesky a thing

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

grab me a coupla blueskis on the way out

mystes
May 31, 2006

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

can only assume that the suggestion that people register on bluesky was also a joke though
that's fair

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
bluesky is the least lovely alternative, can you imagine sending people to mastodon or threads? lmao

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
blue sky is more of a thing than threads will ever be

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Armitag3 posted:

grab me a coupla blueskis on the way out

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

I tried using mastodon and it's bad

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Cold on a Cob posted:

bluesky is the least lovely alternative, can you imagine sending people to mastodon or threads? lmao

kind of prefer to not bring back another ubiquitous embed to the forums mostly. can't be bothered enough to mind people being on bluesky (though a small lol at following @jack around) but won't join myself

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

i really want mastodon to work but it simply doesn’t. it did for like a couple weeks this year, but not now

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

yeah at first I thought someone might be able to put together a nice abstracted front end for it but it turns out to have irreducible cognitive load so it's limited to nerds who are into that sort of thing on its own merits

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

kind of prefer to not bring back another ubiquitous embed to the forums mostly. can't be bothered enough to mind people being on bluesky (though a small lol at following @jack around) but won't join myself

i've always felt that embeds are garbage and what little support we have for external sites should be translating to screenshots with a link

the poo poo with twitter/x absolutely proves it

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

haveblue posted:

yeah at first I thought someone might be able to put together a nice abstracted front end for it but it turns out to have irreducible cognitive load so it's limited to nerds who are into that sort of thing on its own merits

that's a very good way of describing it

bluesky is fine, a few good accounts have migrated over

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
to be clear masto (via icecubes on ios) looks and handles ok in the abstract. it’s just crazy slow to load all the time (sometimes just not at all) and reply threading doesn’t really work like at all either. it’s basically how i remember twitter working in 2008/2009. before anyone sane liked it

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

social media is brain poison, stop trying to replace twitter with an exact clone whose only distinction is being owned by someone else

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

Sweevo posted:

social media is brain poison,
okay boomer

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Sweevo posted:

social media is brain poison, stop trying to replace twitter with an exact clone whose only distinction is being owned by someone else

I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sound of my notifications going off and giving me dopamine hits because my bluesky posts are getting so many likes

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Sweevo posted:

yeah, all us cool kids are on tumblr

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Sweevo posted:

Unironically

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sound of my notifications going off and giving me dopamine hits because my bluesky posts are getting so many likes
~the good brain chemicals~

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i post my daily drawings to a few different places (chost, mastodon.art, bsky, and instagram) and mastodon.art is the only place i get likes from anyone who isn't my aunt lol

that might say more about my own ability tho

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Gnossiennes posted:

i post my daily drawings to a few different places (chost, mastodon.art, bsky, and instagram) and mastodon.art is the only place i get likes from anyone who isn't my aunt lol

that might say more about my own ability tho
masto exclusive people are thirrrsty for content

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Kenny Logins posted:

~the good brain chemicals~

here, have some more. you're welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Sapozhnik posted:

here, have some more. you're welcome.
:yeah: