Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Mountain pass needs a ssto double the size of the town area and turn the "pass" into a tunnel so even the hulldown idiots know only a few need to hold things down on that flank, and stop loving the team over by lemming-training 75% of everyone that way every drat time. Mind's eye had Lakeville pictured, derp. Mountain pass needs to straight up remove the ability to double bush at the south spawn.

Turn the entire lower-middle-cliff segment of overlord into a shallow ramp all the way to the beach while we're at it.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Remove the beach on Overlord entirely because it is a magnet for morons.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I'd happily have a session of Prokhorovka for 30 battles in a row. Probably the only map which cannot ever jank me out of doing something useful no matter what class/tier I'm playing.

Mines, Widepark, Westfield and Fjords on the other hand can all gently caress off for an eternity of eternities.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The ideal WoT map is an open map with undulating terrain and plenty of bushes. Prokhorovka, Murovanka, and Steppes all fit the bill for the most part.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I am a sucker for city maps. Heavy tanks are my poison of choice, so the less moving I need to do the better.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Multi-stage objective based maps would be neat to see in general availability. Think frontline but just the equivalent of 2 zones in a row instead of the full 4x3 grid.

When one team takes control of 2/3 objectives, the other team is forced into a defensive fight/retreat to protect their final objective, etc.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

McGavin posted:

The ideal WoT map is an open map with undulating terrain and plenty of bushes. Prokhorovka, Murovanka, and Steppes all fit the bill for the most part.

I'm glad you've said this because now I can screencap and paste it every time anyone in my usual Discord sessions says that Prok is "a poo poo map". Not the biggest fan of Murovanka personally because it heavily punishes any sort of incompetence around the Magic Forest but Steppes is another good map for sure, at least for the most part. That loving garbage redline hill-camping poo poo in the South needs to go though.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I'm glad you've said this because now I can screencap and paste it every time anyone in my usual Discord sessions says that Prok is "a poo poo map".

W-key holding heavy drivers spotted (by the light in that bush 450m away)

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Prok is the map that separates the good players from the bad ones.

Good players generally like it because they understand things like spotting mechanics and view range. Bad players hate it because of "invisible tanks".

Prok is only bad when there is a massive skill disparity between the light tanks on each team and you're stuck on the team with the bad light. I go hill when that happens.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

All of the spotting-heavy maps are dogshit when MM decides that teams with 8 TDs, 4 Heavies, and 3 Mediums on each side is acceptable.
Bonus points for none of the mediums being typical "spotting" setup mediums.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

used to be a thing some guys had to tell what maps are in rotation but WG killed it iirc. I don't want Hitlerdorf in a LT thanks

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

When does Frontlines start? And I can make no sense of the upcoming event with that old movie or what to do, I'm guessing I have to buy a 'battle pass'?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Looks like the Shptk VTU battlepass marathon thing.
They are not too demanding and you get a fairly priced, premium TD at the end if you pay the 3500 gold. Including a BiA crew.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

A mode without gold rounds would really separate the players from the bleach drinkers. loving heaven.

I'm saying this as a Tier VII enjoyer.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

A mode without gold rounds would really separate the players from the bleach drinkers. loving heaven.

I still miss Historical Mode. There was a limit on how many gold rounds you could carry.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I finished the tier 6 Jap TD ("Ji-Ro") and it was...fine. I still can't get over how slow it is, despite having no armor (yes, I know it's because of the weak engine) while having higher-than necessary turning speed (I'd trade some of the latter for better acceleration, and this is what the tier 7 ends up being like.) The top gun on it was fantastic for a tier 6, though; it really wrecked poo poo if it got close enough to it!

McGavin posted:

Remove the beach on Overlord entirely because it is a magnet for morons.

When I first got it after returning to the game I was like, "did they make beach good now? Because half of each team went there..." :rolleyes:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I still miss Historical Mode. There was a limit on how many gold rounds you could carry.

This would be a nice change to the main game. Unlimited AP/HE, but limited gold shells. It'd make the latter an important resource to manage while encouraging offense since you'd never run out of regular rounds (aside from having to pay for what you shoot like in WoWS.)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The trouble is that some tanks have been balanced with gold ammo in mind, and if nobody had gold ammo, they would be even more 100% bullshit with very little counterplay. This would again be less of a problem in more open maps where things like flanking would actually be options, but since WG's map design is "corridors with suicide zones between them", actually flanking anything is often functionally impossible.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Atomizer posted:

I finished the tier 6 Jap TD ("Ji-Ro") and it was...fine. I still can't get over how slow it is, despite having no armor (yes, I know it's because of the weak engine) while having higher-than necessary turning speed (I'd trade some of the latter for better acceleration, and this is what the tier 7 ends up being like.) The top gun on it was fantastic for a tier 6, though; it really wrecked poo poo if it got close enough to it!

If you thought the T6 was fine, then you're going to loving LOVE the T7. It's insane and almost definitely going to get nerfed in the future. The T8 is meh, the T9 is good and with the top gun extremely good. Haven't gotten to the T10 yet.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

If you thought the T6 was fine, then you're going to loving LOVE the T7. It's insane and almost definitely going to get nerfed in the future. The T8 is meh, the T9 is good and with the top gun extremely good. Haven't gotten to the T10 yet.

This is accurate. I have the tier 10, but I haven't played it yet. Too busy grinding field mods on tier 9s.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Really enjoying the Eagle 7 you got through Twitch tokens.
It doesn't look like much on paper, but it just delivers the goods in game.
Tier 7 is the perfect spot for the Pershing, too just like 6 is where the Tiger/Panther should be (and where the premium variants are of course)

The accuracy number is such BS, that thing hits so much more reliably at any range than the Skorpion G.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i don't like prok when im in things like the t57 that want to be relatively close but also have middling armor. but otherwise it's good for everything else

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah I played a couple of battles in the T7 and I'm already liking it more, if only because it has better mobility than the T6, but it also has much better armor.

The T8 looks like it has a decent gun & mobility, plus armor that's riddled with weak spots; am I right?

The T9 looks like an improved T8, with a notably better casemate.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Atomizer posted:

Yeah I played a couple of battles in the T7 and I'm already liking it more, if only because it has better mobility than the T6, but it also has much better armor.

The T8 looks like it has a decent gun & mobility, plus armor that's riddled with weak spots; am I right?

The T9 looks like an improved T8, with a notably better casemate.

Yep, exactly. the T7 has bullshit armour and will bounce poo poo you'd never expect it to bounce, in addition to an accurate and hard-hitting gun with good DPM. The T8's big problem is that it's house-sized and not very well armoured, the T9 is much better armoured and actually pretty quick. And with the top gun it also hits hard as hell.

If they ever sell the T8 premium again, I whole-heartedly recommend it. It's a lot of fun and a neat assault gun to play.

Sayara
May 10, 2009
Just a reminder that today's the last day to spend your christmas stuff, so go buy and spend your tokens. I got 5 experimental equipments myself and some credit boosters, so yay me! :toot:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I died because I didn't realize the Leo was poking at bushes trying to find me. Shame, I played this game like the dirty loving roach you have to be as a light tank. Also, ammo racking the 120 helped.

The battlefield is your playground, not to fight but to poke. You only fight when you have to because you got too greedy and you need to get the gently caress out.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jan 8, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sayara posted:

Just a reminder that today's the last day to spend your christmas stuff, so go buy and spend your tokens. I got 5 experimental equipments myself and some credit boosters, so yay me! :toot:

That was a good reminder. I had thousands of resources banked up and close to 100 Chaffee's gifts to open.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The T-54 still prints Aces.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

McGavin posted:

The T-54 still prints Aces.

Almost no one bothers to continue driving it after the Obj140 grind.
Are you using the 6° gun depression HEAT spraygun?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yep. It can be frustrating, but 3k dpm up close is :discourse:.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I prefer the more accurate gun, but drat is the dpm gun on the T-54 hilarious.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The biggest issue is that the shell velocity is noticably worse.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

The biggest issue is that the shell velocity is noticably worse.

Yup. Might not seem like a huge deal, but anything outside of close range and you feel that.

Was debating on going up the British medium tree. How are they after the buffs?

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Lovely, they're the only line that can hold a cup to the Leopards and Skodas.

I've stripped my Udes 15/16 for (bounty) parts after a dozen or so games.
Just unfathomable, diabolical garbage with that suspension bullshit and the crappy gun. I expect the STB is very similar but I'm not wasting my time and nerves to find out.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The 15/16 is amazing what are you talking about? You just hide behind the tiniest crease in the ground and boom you're an impenetrable murderer.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Vando posted:

The 15/16 is amazing what are you talking about? You just hide behind the tiniest crease in the ground and boom you're an impenetrable murderer.

Yes congrats but pubbies will not push into you like it's 2012, and will outwait you in their own hidey hole literally forever.
The second you have to do anything but sit there you are a dead man with a leaky fueltank and broken ammoracks.

Besides, there are so many other options to have a superior turret nowadays, you don't need to choose one with that many drawbacks.
Oh I forgot, the engine is severely underpowered.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

sauer kraut posted:

Yes congrats but pubbies will not push into you like it's 2012, and will outwait you in their own hidey hole literally forever.
The second you have to do anything but sit there you are a dead man with a leaky fueltank and broken ammoracks.

Besides, there are so many other options to have a superior turret nowadays, you don't need to choose one with that many drawbacks.
Oh I forgot, the engine is severely underpowered.

Yes the current meta is indeed characterised by slow play and zero pushes, I agree

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Yup. Might not seem like a huge deal, but anything outside of close range and you feel that.

Was debating on going up the British medium tree. How are they after the buffs?

cent I is still garbage but the line on either side of it are good-to-great

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Atomizer posted:

I'm playing that now and holy loving poo poo it's bad, so bad. I mean it's nice when people come at you, and you can shoot them, and they ignore you, and your gun hits, and it's a penetrating shot. But speed kills it so hard. I haven't been able to finish second premium mission in 15 games as I can't deal enough damage in my two wins to finish in top 5. I'm struggling to think of a worse tier 6 tech tree tank in the game, and I'm pretty sure this is the worst.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

cent I is still garbage but the line on either side of it are good-to-great

Had enough resources to skip past it.

Fully kitted T9, here we go :unsmith:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Sayara posted:

I'm playing that now and holy loving poo poo it's bad, so bad. I mean it's nice when people come at you, and you can shoot them, and they ignore you, and your gun hits, and it's a penetrating shot. But speed kills it so hard. I haven't been able to finish second premium mission in 15 games as I can't deal enough damage in my two wins to finish in top 5. I'm struggling to think of a worse tier 6 tech tree tank in the game, and I'm pretty sure this is the worst.

Yeah, it's in the finalists for the worst tier 6 in the game. The lack of mobility kills it. I don't think there is anything else with 8.9 hp/t in the game.