Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Which Dragonballman could Deku defeat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dolash posted:

Which Dragonballman could Deku defeat?

Yamcha could probably solo most of MHA.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
At the end of dragonball z even the weakest z figher could probably effortlessly destroy a city on their own

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Could Deku destroy the moon?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Does Mirko transform at the sight of the full moon?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Goku would have no reservations about murking Shigaraki, but as he's dying, Goku would wish that Tenko would come back as a good person so they could fight again someday. Cut to 10 years later, and we meet a young boy named Oknet.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I think if the entire cast works together and gives it everything they’ve got, they might be able to take down Yajirobe

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Master Roshi could blow up the loving moon back in Dragonball which I think is a feat well above anyone we've seen in MHA. I guess maybe you could touch the moon and make it melt given enough time?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Master Roshi could blow up the loving moon back in Dragonball which I think is a feat well above anyone we've seen in MHA. I guess maybe you could touch the moon and make it melt given enough time?

Then the moon got better somehow before Piccolo blew it up again in DBZ

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Larryb posted:

Kami fixed it during the timeskip of him training Goku.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Larryb posted:

Kami actually talks about how he brought it back. It's not a plothole. Frankly, how could there be any plothole in a story where there are multiple sets of magical wish granting items.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jan 24, 2024

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Larryb posted:

Moons are like Skeeballs, everytime one is destroyed a new one slides down the ramp into it's place.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Gruckles posted:

Kami fixed it during the timeskip of him training Goku.

Ah, I only ever watched the anime where I don’t recall this scene ever taking place (but it’s also been a while since I watched it so I could be wrong)

But yeah, nearly every plothole in that franchise can be answered with “someone wished on the Dragon Balls” (or in some cases, “Toriyama just forgot”)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 24, 2024

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

I think if the entire cast works together and gives it everything they’ve got, they might be able to take down Yajirobe

Dragonball characters will usually stop to do some kind of banter at least initally so "controls you if you respond to me" kid has a shot.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Their powerlvels are too high to be controlled

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

Speaking of blowing up the moon, Yajirobe specifically cannot use energy/ki at all so the cast might be able to take him down, even if he's certainly stronger or faster than Roshi was in the 21st Tournament.

Even then, Roshi buffing up and blowing up the moon is a long, drawn out, powering up process. It's not like Piccolo who can just vaporize it with a casual hand blast at the start of Z. Just, I dunno, do something to him before he completes the power up process.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jan 24, 2024

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

doomrider7 posted:

Then I'm REALLY out of touch since those are the only child god and lazy cat I know of from the series.

Zen-O, Zen-O (different timeline), Beerus, Whis, and Shin (Supreme Kai)

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Kild posted:

Zen-O, Zen-O (different timeline), Beerus, Whis, and Shin (Supreme Kai)

I thought it was all one Zen-O. Wasn't thinking of the Super characters, but this makes sense.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
I feel like it's worth noting that in DBZ the moon is relatively fragile- the average human is supposed to have a power level of between 5 and 10, and Piccolo blows it up with a power level of a little less than 1000, so at least in DBZ it would take about 150-200 normal people who really loving hate the moon to do the same thing

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

I feel like it's worth noting that in DBZ the moon is relatively fragile- the average human is supposed to have a power level of between 5 and 10, and Piccolo blows it up with a power level of a little less than 1000, so at least in DBZ it would take about 150-200 normal people who really loving hate the moon to do the same thing

Given how Hori keeps drawing Bakugo raging at the moon in some of his sketches, I'm sure we have at least one volunteer for the moon mission in MHA

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

What if the moon had a quirk

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

That's not really how things add up for power levels in DBZ though. A thousand regular people would not be able to do anything to Piccolo even if he just stood there.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Yep. Powerlevels are logarithmic

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I mean have you tried getting 200 farmers to shoot at the moon with a double barrel at once?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Someone who is twice as strong as someone else is going to kick their rear end horribly. There is a good chance a good number of people fighting someone twice as strong as them would be able to jack.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Could Mister Satan beat Shigaraki? I think he could.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

ChronoReverse posted:

That's not really how things add up for power levels in DBZ though. A thousand regular people would not be able to do anything to Piccolo even if he just stood there.

What if they all stood in a line in front of Piccolo and pushed each other at the same time?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Funky Valentine posted:

Could Mister Satan beat Shigaraki? I think he could.

Yes, but in the same way he defeated Kid Buu.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Mr Satan is the father figure Shigaraki needs.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://tcb.abhayaby.com/chapters/7607/my-hero-academia-chapter-413

Break next week.

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 25, 2024

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I have to wonder what Hori is building up to with Deku not having the look of a hero. It's almost the end of the manga and Deku is more Venom than Spider-Man, if you catch my drift. Maybe this is going to lead to some big payoff where Deku smiles at Tenko like All Might and saves him or something, but IDK. It feels too little, too late.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think there's been effort to try to make Deku come off as basically sort of crazy; even Nighteye says that he's crazy in the same way All Might is.

It's part of the reason I was kind of sad we never got that last bit of school stuff where they start as 2nd years and get some underclassmen to meet, and their impression of Deku from the outside is that he is insane and scary.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
this seven-quirks nonsense really was the killshot on the entire comic

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

CharlestonJew posted:

Young All-Might could have probably hung in early Z

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Dark Deku is a really cool look and an interesting concept, so it's a real shame its basically toothless and used mostly as an eye candy.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's good eye candy

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Now that All Might’s eyes aren’t black, it’s hard to unsee that he’s got Sonic the Hedgehog eyes.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Fabricated posted:

I think there's been effort to try to make Deku come off as basically sort of crazy; even Nighteye says that he's crazy in the same way All Might is.

It's part of the reason I was kind of sad we never got that last bit of school stuff where they start as 2nd years and get some underclassmen to meet, and their impression of Deku from the outside is that he is insane and scary.

Yeah, having Deku as the crazy weirdo while Bakugo has nobody take his tough talk seriously would be a pretty funny turnaround.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Oxxidation posted:

this seven-quirks nonsense really was the killshot on the entire comic
It's kind of wild the entire rest of the cast got sidelined for force ghosts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
My best guess for where this goes is that Deku gives up all of the extra powers of One for All left by the previous generations, leaving him to realize that he's more than just the Quirk that All Might passed to him. And this is when he gets his All Might "saving people with a smile" moment and gets through to Shiggy.