Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Hangman vs Penta 22 33.85%
Swerve vs Hardy 1 1.54%
Wardlow vs Trent? 3 4.62%
Velvet vs Rosa 1 1.54%
Acclaimed vs Mogul Embassy 1 1.54%
Copeland vs Suzuki 37 56.92%
Total: 65 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Maybe they should try running shows in the northeast more often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

johncraig posted:

did she say nuru massage

yes

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

johncraig posted:

did she say nuru massage

Yes she sure did

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Thank you AEW and this thread for causing me to learn what a nuru massage is.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

haven’t had a massage in a while, dunno what it is but maybe i’ll look into getting one of these “nuru” massages

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

"Delusional 50s Hollywood Starlet" is only Toni's surface level gimmick, her actual gimmick is being a horny bastard

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Luther furiously shaking his finger at Deonna hitting him

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/AEW/status/1750549090746646608?s=20

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

deonna purrazzo is cool af

Captain Foo posted:

Agreeing with qop

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

A Fancy Hat posted:

I thought she said “neural massage” and it was some horrific early-mid century medical treatment or something but nope! Now I know all about a whole other thing instead.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

A Fancy Hat posted:

Chin up, Tits out....

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
:eng101:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

More innuendo lmao.

And I again find myself in awe of Mariah May's comedic timing and facial expressions.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Collissíon :allears:

And that was a vicious tut-tuting by Luther.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dango Bango posted:

And I again find myself in awe of Mariah May's comedic timing and facial expressions.

watch this week's hey eww if you havent already

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Collissíon :allears:

And that was a vicious tut-tuting by Luther.

Toni will be the only person who pronounces Moné correctly on the first try.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I very much enjoy that Luther has fallen into another weird character. It delights me to see him on TV.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Ganso Bomb posted:

I very much enjoy that Luther has fallen into another weird character. It delights me to see him on TV.

I don't know how he weaseled his way into this angle but I am so, so happy he did.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

all of this owns lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

graph posted:

watch this week's hey eww if you havent already

Hey (EW) is can't miss for me :)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Apparently Ogogo is still a thing, and signed a new deal at some point.
https://www.postwrestling.com/2024/01/25/anthony-ogogo-re-signs-with-aew/

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Kennel posted:

i’d like to believe they resigned him to settle a lawsuit for how bad the cody storyline was

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i’d like to believe they resigned him to settle a lawsuit for how bad the cody storyline was

The re-signed him because Cody is coming back and The Guv'nor is going to demolish him for six months straight.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Kennel posted:

Tony knows the potential because he sees how the man destroyed Gresham's brain with one tweet but just isn't sure how to harness it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Man ive missed being in the thread for a bit, but another fun dynamite. TK is really working hard to provide a really good set of wrasslin week in and out and I appreciate it.

I love 2024 hangman with the big bushy stache. My forever champ is still a badass, and they continue to give him hilarious chyrons (thats a great production gimmick).

Cope is def settling in and he's still very good and fun. I really appreciate that NJPW dudes show up so often and get custom graphics.

I guess Samoa Joe is not into adding the title image to his entrance screens? Or has that all shifted to the overlay 3d belts before title matches?

Good to be All Elite gang.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I really like Ogogo, it was cool seeing him at the All In preshow. I hope he can be ring-ready again soon. I went back and looked at old stuff he was in and while the Cody promos were bad I think he has a really cool gimmick overall. Put him in the Copen or something

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Cody vs Ogogo was peak Codyverse since Ogogo was cutting promos about everything lovely and unfair in America, Cody was going "Nah it's America and it's great actually", then Cody won and threw Ogogo into the Negative Zone forever

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Put him in the Copen or something

While I don't want to see Ogogo lose right off the bat, this could be good.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

"Delusional 50s Hollywood Starlet" is only Toni's surface level gimmick, her actual gimmick is being a horny bastard

I’m convinced half of her gimmick is just trying to get people to corpse. Renee nearly broke when she shouted “everything’s gone TITS UP” hence “chin up, tits out”. Throwing off her shoes in a rage became deliberately throwing them at Renee/others. Etc.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Let’s send hook back to promo class please. That was bad.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kennel posted:

I wonder what the deal is with him. I think he had more eye surgeries at some point that put him on the shelf but is he like totally good to go now? I wonder why he hasn’t done any indie stuff in Europe/the UK (I know the UK scene was mostly murdered). AEW folks still do indie stuff from time to time, and it’d be good for him to get reps in if he’s ever actually going to come back to AEW.

Is he like a big celebrity in the UK? Maybe it’s just a matter of having a UK person for All In season to do promotion over there or something.

Weird case with him for sure.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I’m convinced half of her gimmick is just trying to get people to corpse. Renee nearly broke when she shouted “everything’s gone TITS UP” hence “chin up, tits out”. Throwing off her shoes in a rage became deliberately throwing them at Renee/others. Etc.

The best wrestling promos of all time are people saying insane poo poo and trying to get people to crack.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Deonna is ripped

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

The_Rob posted:

The best wrestling promos of all time are people saying insane poo poo and trying to get people to crack.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

tao of lmao posted:

Holding the mic normally would've helped that promo immensely

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dango Bango posted:

Holding the mic normally would've helped that promo immensely

When the content of the promo is

YOU WON

I LOST

SEE YOU LATER

I don’t think mic position matters. Hook can be good in some of his promo packages but his delivery is so weird and wooden at times.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Not sticking his tongue into his lower lip like a baseball player about to spray a gigantic chewing tobacco spit may have helped that segment, I’m not sure.

I thought his delivery was okay but dude looked very nervous

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

tao of lmao posted:

corny

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Hook needs a manager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
yeah, Hook might have to get into some improv classes or something because his live delivery is sinking the rest of his character

he comes across okay in pre-tapes but has never really gotten his on-the-spot stuff to where it needs to be