Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Hangman vs Penta 22 33.85%
Swerve vs Hardy 1 1.54%
Wardlow vs Trent? 3 4.62%
Velvet vs Rosa 1 1.54%
Acclaimed vs Mogul Embassy 1 1.54%
Copeland vs Suzuki 37 56.92%
Total: 65 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Jerusalem posted:

In that case, here's something far more mainstream and easy to understand!

Julia reverting to cheerleader form in the last panel makes me laugh so hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Dave on WOR last night went off on Malakai and Buddy on how they won't do any jobs and that's why the cage match with FTR switched from Elimination to Escape the Cage. Also says they're going back to WWE as soon as they get the chance.

Trying to imagine being excited to go back to wwe after this past week, seems like a bad decision.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
lol lmao

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It's a funny time to go on a "Malakai won't job" rant after a match where Garcia no-sold everything House of Black threw at him and won

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

great username posted:

[checks to make sure I'm watching the same product as everyone else]

Also lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs1PE8cs3LM

Wasn’t expecting this lore drop this morning but here we are

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

DeathChicken posted:

It's a funny time to go on a "Malakai won't job" rant after a match where Garcia no-sold everything House of Black threw at him and won

By barely escaping, and with help from Mark Briscoe.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

DeathChicken posted:

It's even funnier to say that Buddy won't job when he always loses singles matches.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dave getting so sick of the WWE poo poo that he's loudly burning the guys who want to go back is very funny.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I think it's fine that Malakai and Buddy don't want to do the job via a clean pin or submission. They still took the L and made Danny look like a million bucks.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Triple Crown champion Bryan Danielson :sickos:

:argh: no

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

At least if D-Bry was continental crown champ, I'd have an absentee ROH champion with more history.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I think it's fine that Malakai and Buddy don't want to do the job via a clean pin or submission. They still took the L and made Danny look like a million bucks.

Yeah in the end the match was super creative and got a whole bunch of people over - even Julia got a great spot in and Mark Briscoe solidified himself as the mega face of the year as if there was any doubt. Whether hoops had to be jumped through or not it ended well.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Triple Crown champion Bryan Danielson :sickos:

Danielson charlie browning it out of Osaka after tapping out to Zack only to bump into Nakajima, complete with Yakuza title plate

great username
Dec 28, 2023

I kind of don't blame him for wanting to keep HoB looking strong, you job those guys out too flippantly and they turn into Dark Order.

So far most of their big losses are very meaningful, or have catapulted others (Danny).

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sir Tonk posted:

Trying to imagine being excited to go back to wwe after this past week, seems like a bad decision.

Why

The bad man is gone, all hail the new flesh

There is no endemic problems in wwe and everything is good now

Join the universe, stand up for wwe

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

rotinaj posted:

Why

The bad man is gone, all hail the new flesh

There is no endemic problems in wwe and everything is good now

Join the universe, stand up for wwe

Malakai knows Papa H will get rid of that nefarious, mysterious Head Executive #1

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Buddy does jobs and Malakai is under contract until like 2026; sounds like Dave is just an anti-lore crank

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Another L for Dave

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

great username posted:

I kind of don't blame him for wanting to keep HoB looking strong, you job those guys out too flippantly and they turn into Dark Order.

So far most of their big losses are very meaningful, or have catapulted others (Danny).

No one could ever get jobbed out more flippantly than Dark Order. Zack Ryder is the only dude I can think of that came close in terms of crowds wanting to cheer for someone and the company just laughing

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

You can't blame Dave. He just publishes what he's ordered, he probably doesn't even know who Malakai Black is.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Duke Pukem posted:

Another Lore for Dave

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

https://twitter.com/Brodyxking/status/1751991626631672172

Brody smash

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Observer subscribers are just addicted to being wrong.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Garcia shouldn't be pinning Malakai anyway, not at this point. Mox rarely jobs either, it just makes it special when he does lose. You should get a huge rub from pinning Malakai, not turning him into Bray Wyatt (rip, still wish he'd came to AEW)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I've once again been owned by Dave being even dumber than could be believed

great username
Dec 28, 2023

Gumball Gumption posted:

I've once again been owned by Dave being even dumber than could be believed

I can't listen to Observer Live or whatever he's on, I will find myself shaking my head and coming to after 5 minutes of him saying absolutely nothing, and Bryan just zooms past it.

Also the third mic (not granny) on BVS is like the most atrocious raspy grunt guy that nobody ever acknowledges or laughs at. I'm not even sure his name. They need to get their poo poo together over there.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I honestly don't like dave and bryan talking about AEW. All they seem to do is get things wrong, miss the point and then create a cloud that creates this vibe online that AEW is doing bad. Hell I only listened to one clip of bryan and vinny and some british lady and I disagreed with a lot of their takes there too

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

they're fine

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

yea ok posted:

they're fine

Great analysis there, chief

Really countered the points others are making

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rotinaj posted:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

this is a thread about wrestling talk not middle school debate club. don't be weird

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I like Bryan as a critic/reviewer of shows. Dave is Dave, he can be interesting to listen to but is also wildly out of touch a lot of the time. Mike stinks.

The daily WOL is nice and other than that, I like the B&V&Granny shows.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

this is a thread about wrestling talk not middle school debate club. don't be weird

Earnestly, great analysis there chief

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

rotinaj posted:

i wasn't trying to analyze or counter any points, pretty obviously

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I just hope he does the same "you do not want to make an enemy of me" thing obviously owned scoopsters frequently do where he threatens to Expose brody king for speaking against him thats always fun

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Dave and Bryan are always pretty measured when discussing the product. some times they get things in their own heads bullheadishly because they’re also relatively set in their ways with their likes and dislikes (though still more open to new things than most in the wrestling sphere). I don’t find myself agreeing with their opinions all the time but if I did it wouldn’t be fun to listen to so who’s to say

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sic Semper Vive

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Serena Deeb's flag entrance was extremely cool. I know it's just because one was a squash but having the second women's match on Collision was really nice and I hope that continues. Also I want Jamie Hayter to come back and wrestle her.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yea ok and a shitload of other folk love to “contribute to the conversation” by just responding to someone’s actual feelings with “no it’s fine”

I think this is a lovely thing to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rotinaj posted:

Yea ok and a shitload of other folk love to “contribute to the conversation” by just responding to someone’s actual feelings with “no it’s fine”

I think this is a lovely thing to do