Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Hangman vs Penta 22 33.85%
Swerve vs Hardy 1 1.54%
Wardlow vs Trent? 3 4.62%
Velvet vs Rosa 1 1.54%
Acclaimed vs Mogul Embassy 1 1.54%
Copeland vs Suzuki 37 56.92%
Total: 65 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i think i give a lot of thoughts and opinions on a pretty regular basis, please buzz off you little weirdo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Serena Deeb's flag entrance was extremely cool. I know it's just because one was a squash but having the second women's match on Collision was really nice and I hope that continues. Also I want Jamie Hayter to come back and wrestle her.

They should lean into the flag gimmick - it'll look great when Deeb and Hayter square up in Wembley

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

rotinaj posted:

Yea ok and a shitload of other folk love to “contribute to the conversation” by just responding to someone’s actual feelings with “no it’s fine”

I think this is a lovely thing to do

personally i think that "i don't enjoy this podcast" is not a position that needs a lot of coddling and should only be pushed back on with lots of bullet points and citations

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

rotinaj posted:

Yea ok and a shitload of other folk love to “contribute to the conversation” by just responding to someone’s actual feelings with “no it’s fine”

I think this is a lovely thing to do

You're not posting on Wrestlezone Forums in 2010. There is no word or sentence requirement. Someone can say they think something is fine by saying as much as long as they aren't aggressively rude about it. Disagreement is not inherently rude or trolling. Calling someone out by name unprovoked, however, is kinda lovely.

magiccarpet posted:

They should lean into the flag gimmick - it'll look great when Deeb and Hayter square up in Wembley

:hai:

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

this is a thread about wrestling talk not middle school debate club. don't be weird

*hides my clipboard behind my back*
Ah... I see. Hm.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

neoaxd posted:

*hides my clipboard behind my back*
Ah... I see. Hm.

despite my previous post I must let you know I DO grade posters based on a personal rubric and you CAN fail this class if you don't post good enough

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

despite my previous post I must let you know I DO grade posters based on a personal rubric and you CAN fail this class if you don't post good enough

I dont like this and I won't expand on why

Just another posting bad boy in da wrestlehut

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If I know that the answer to "Who's House?" is Swerve's house I shouldn't be required to show my work.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My dave opinion is mostly apathy until he does something laughable then i laugh and go back to apathy

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

dave is good when he says things I like, a crank when he doest. Same for his snow flakes

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

My Dave opinion is that the doctors took his brain out during the divorce but put half of it back in

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

mark briscoe was so excited to maybe be in a cage match, tony should give him his own cage match against an opponent of his choosing to make things right

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

samoa joe

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I remember when Malakai addressed why he wasn’t booked for stuff and he shot down every single thing I.e. it’s not his hosed up spine, it’s not a refusal to lose, etc etc to the point where I don’t care as much anymore. There’s guys like Swerve, Rush, Garcia and Brody all willing to take losses and were rewarded with greater exposure—-all of them coincidentally picked for the tournament. Swerve and Garcia are gonna be turbo over in 2024, I’m sure Rush gonna do cool poo poo when he’s back as well, but it’s really stop and go with Malakai and if it’s wasn’t due to injuries then idk what the deal is.

Either way I think he’s locked into a deal til like 2026 so I look forward to repeating the same points on WON and follow-ups via twitter about it from the vaunted House. If they wanna really get over they should kill Don Callis and do a trios with the Family.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

yea ok posted:

samoa joe

that's right

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

i believe you've set a trap to get some pedantic rear end in a top hat to say "don't post *well* enough" and im not gonna do that as i don't want my grade to be impacted

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I think I know what this thread needs right now. Here is BTDO featuring puppies and a kitty :3:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

dromal phrenia posted:

mark briscoe was so excited to maybe be in a cage match, tony should give him his own cage match against an opponent of his choosing to make things right

Christian Cage: "I heard about your brother..."

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Love big Dave and his opinions on all things wrestling.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

yea ok posted:

samoa joe

well, that's alright then

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I love when Dave goes off on some tangent about a barely related historical wrestling topic and you get a unique insight from his many decades covering the business. I also think he takes way too much poo poo from people who think he's a shill for whatever. Sometimes he's very dumb though, and lately I haven't wanted to listen to much from that site, Deadlock has pretty much taken that brain space over.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Dave Meltzer is probably the greatest database of wrestling history and may very well be the most wrestling knowledgeable person who has ever lived. He is also a dire warning to all of us, lest we also become consumed and transformed by our desire for more pro wrestling.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

dave is right thought. Buddy and Black both want to and should go be the 5th and 6th most important people in karrion kross's stable

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

malarkey wack

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

JUNGLE BOY posted:

malarkey wack

lmfao

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

cruddy... midthews?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Muddy Bad-thews

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

DONKEY!

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Baddy Shatthews

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

cruddy... midthews?

:hmmyes:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Muddy Fartthews

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

El Generico posted:

I love when Dave goes off on some tangent about a barely related historical wrestling topic and you get a unique insight from his many decades covering the business. I also think he takes way too much poo poo from people who think he's a shill for whatever. Sometimes he's very dumb though, and lately I haven't wanted to listen to much from that site, Deadlock has pretty much taken that brain space over.

What would WORPW look like?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I am still in awe that they let a guy named “Buddy” in the goth stable.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I think I know what this thread needs right now. Here is BTDO featuring puppies and a kitty :3:

Join the Dog Order

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Germansimp posted:

Join the Dog Order

awooooooooooooo
*whispers*who is a good dog. you are a good dog.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Gavok posted:

Christian Cage: "I heard about your brother..."

lmao i had discussed that with a friend, when they did the Jay tribute segment on the anniversary of his passing.

Mark brings out his nieces, Christian's theme hits, and AEW has its first riot as fans finally hit a breaking point.

(AEW is not the kind of company that would do that though)

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Butty Scatfumes

great username
Dec 28, 2023

neoaxd posted:

Butty Scatfumes

:prepop:

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Bloody Matthews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

its very funny that buddy murphy thought "i should change my name when i join my friend malakai in his lore dork goth stable" and the part he kept was BUDDY