Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
lol @ Wonder Woman's bio though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

:justpost:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Golden Bee posted:

This is the perspective of a paid assassin regarding someone who kicked his rear end, sent him to prison, then made a hologram for children about kicking his rear end. Floyd is projecting his frustration of America’s racism onto a black guy who is accepted uncritically (mostly for kicking his rear end). I think that’s good writing. It’s not a Top Dog/Under Dog or Fences, but people are treating it as if rocksteady wrote it from a neutral perspective.

Yeah like there's problems with the game but this ain't really one unless you're searching for reasons to be mad or just don't like the idea of using villains to fight/kill heroes on a fundamental level... in which case uhh sorry but don't play(/read stuff from) a game called Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League?

https://twitter.com/Daper_Bear/status/1752974369498816705

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Feb 2, 2024

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'll bite. What's the issue with the Diana bio?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The "toxic masculinity" line bit sucks but I like Luthor's cynicism and projection in the last couple of paragraphs.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
maybe it's just the last ~20 years of DC Comics but I've never really seen Themiscyra as a paradise, despite the other name it goes by

Even putting aside the Wakanda-y "gently caress the rest of the world as long as it's great here" angle, and certain questions about where new Amazons come from that may have been retconned into something comically awful, they're still carrying water for the Greek gods and shun the rest of the world to the point where they still Hellinistic poo poo is the peak of art

it can't be THAT good over there.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

They ignored the New 52 nonsense about new Amazons and made the Well of Souls canon again, thank god.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/s/FqhWSnPPoC

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Vandar posted:

If it was Fortnite she would have taken fall damage and died.

For many people Fortnite=bad because they are old.

I tire of this suicide squad. Wonder when the next supe game is.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

TwoPair posted:

Yeah like there's problems with the game but this ain't really one unless you're searching for reasons to be mad or just don't like the idea of using villains to fight/kill heroes on a fundamental level... in which case uhh sorry but don't play(/read stuff from) a game called Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League?

https://twitter.com/Daper_Bear/status/1752974369498816705

Huh I had no idea Lex was an Incel

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I don't know how you are reading "incel" from that. 1st lex would be volcel and 2nd that reads like one of those toxic male feminist types.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Mr Hootington posted:

I don't know how you are reading "incel" from that. 1st lex would be volcel and 2nd that reads like one of those toxic male feminist types.

To be fair I just lumped toxic male into incel.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TwoPair posted:

Isn't Floyd basically writing from the perspective that John is a cop which, you know, is accurate because he's a Green Lantern?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Dawgstar posted:

Isn't Floyd basically writing from the perspective that John is a cop which, you know, is accurate because he's a Green Lantern?

He’s a marine, an architect, and a space cop, who beats people with the power of his imagination. They did a lot to make him hateable without making him a bad person.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

chaosapiant posted:

For me, the Conroy thing was never some kind of lovely ploy to have a bad send off for Conroys Batman. It’s just something that, now in retrospect, is kinda sad and a little disheartening. I don’t blame Rocksteady, it’s just unkind circumstances.

yeah and honestly, he is still one of the best parts of a weirdly solid/game. he is evil batman but not stupid joker version. its genuinly scary kinda. as for it being arkhamverse, yeah it sucks how its gonna end but i kinda admire the spine of it. You the player probably grew up with this batman, this batman is one of your favorites possibly, and your seeing him twisted into a monster, you give a poo poo because of that.

Golden Bee posted:

This is the perspective of a paid assassin regarding someone who kicked his rear end, sent him to prison, then made a hologram for children about kicking his rear end. Floyd is projecting his frustration of America’s racism onto a black guy who is accepted uncritically (mostly for kicking his rear end). I think that’s good writing. It’s not a Top Dog/Under Dog or Fences, but people are treating it as if rocksteady wrote it from a neutral perspective.

yeah, i feel like people really really really want to hate this game for not being batman and of course the twitter types are looking for any kinda of "actually its evil and bigoted" as a moral highground, its loving weird. like i like the game a bunch so far, way way more then i thought i would and i do think their is poo poo to crap on it about, but its not some secret nazi game

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Feb 2, 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The game is very liberal which is a type of nazi.

Edit: the concept of the Suicide Squad in of itself is very fascistic. Forcing criminals to do a job you expect them to be killed doing or you kill them?

The program reminds me of the inmate firefighters

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 2, 2024

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

With SS being in the Arkhamverse, is it a genuine continuation, or is it some kind of Else Worlds/Other Dimension version of those characters, so that the characters from the original Arkham games remain untouched?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

chaosapiant posted:

With SS being in the Arkhamverse, is it a genuine continuation, or is it some kind of Else Worlds/Other Dimension version of those characters, so that the characters from the original Arkham games remain untouched?

It is a continuation.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

The game is very liberal which is a type of nazi.

Edit: the concept of the Suicide Squad in of itself is very fascistic. Forcing criminals to do a job you expect them to be killed doing or you kill them?

The program reminds me of the inmate firefighters

In the comics at least, it's voluntary, you do it in exchange for a reduced sentence. I think it was originally made to explain why comic book villains were getting out of jail so quickly pretty much.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

chaosapiant posted:

As far back as Arkham Origins, the question of canon as far as those games goes has been kinda a moot point

It was a nice little trilogy that had a pretty definitive ending. Nothing that Sunset Overdrive Brainiac Edition or "what if we glued Destiny onto Arkham" matters all that much

I'm honestly curious about that Wonder Woman game that's in the pipeline more than anything. Specifically, is it just going to be new God of War starring Diana? Because that'd be pretty dull

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Vandar posted:

They ignored the New 52 nonsense about new Amazons and made the Well of Souls canon again, thank god.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/s/FqhWSnPPoC

Honestly, basically everything about the Perez-era Wonder Woman is back in canon other than the clay origin. For all people crowed about how revolutionary the New 52 run was, it seems like no-one has any interest (rightly so) in keeping most of the changes.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The "toxic masculinity" line bit sucks but I like Luthor's cynicism and projection in the last couple of paragraphs.

If you’re saying that toxic masculinity isn’t a societal ill then you’re definitely a gross straight male

omg chael crash fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 2, 2024

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

omg chael crash posted:

If you’re saying that toxic masculinity isn’t a societal ill, than you’re definitely a gross straight dude

yeah. the article strikes me more as lex waxing poetic about how great themascara is and how he basicaly has a massive crush on wonder woman. isnt the new versions lex pain him some rich rear end in a top hat who fancies himself enligheted big brain who can fix all the worlds problems with tech and his big enlighted brain. he hates capes because he views them as a threat to that. i could see him as seeing himself as socially progresisve or some poo poo. lexcop has the rainbow logo and such.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

I think it’s supposed to the the good guy Earth 2 Lex?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

He isn't good

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Good-ish guy, idk. Either way, toxic masculinity sucks

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

As far back as Arkham Origins, the question of canon as far as those games goes has been kinda a moot point

It was a nice little trilogy that had a pretty definitive ending. Nothing that Sunset Overdrive Brainiac Edition or "what if we glued Destiny onto Arkham" matters all that much

I'm honestly curious about that Wonder Woman game that's in the pipeline more than anything. Specifically, is it just going to be new God of War starring Diana? Because that'd be pretty dull

It’s Shadow of Mordor, complete with the Nemesis system.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

omg chael crash posted:

If you’re saying that toxic masculinity isn’t a societal ill then you’re definitely a gross straight male

I'm saying I don't think it's what Luthor would write.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I'm saying I don't think it's what Luthor would write.

Yeah, Lex strikes me as a guy who doesn't believe in toxic masculinity, partially because he benefits from it, but mostly because he sees everyone as equal: as his lessers.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
These bios are the only big that's plain good tbh. They're all pretty clever insights at how they cope with the heroes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Golden Bee posted:

It doesn’t seem in character for Deadshot.

Deadshot is an rear end in a top hat who became an assassin for the thrills. He’s not someone I would ever associate with giving a poo poo about America Racism. (Though he’s also weird cause Rocksteady decided to retcon him despite him showing up in two previous games as a different character)

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
KTJL Deadshot says that’s a fake Deadshot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The idea that Batman just went back to being Batman after the events of AK is really, really dumb.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
shouldn't Green Lanturn's ring stop working once he got mind controlled like that? literally has no willpower of his own

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

GateOfD posted:

shouldn't Green Lanturn's ring stop working once he got mind controlled like that? literally has no willpower of his own

That's never really been how it works

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

GateOfD posted:

In theory, yes. In practice, I feel like the number of "GL's mind-controlled, now he's evil!" stories far outweigh the number of ones where something unique happens after the wielder gets put under a whammy

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Feb 5, 2024

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Golden Bee posted:

KTJL Deadshot says that’s a fake Deadshot.

Which is a dumb retcon.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

I've seen this come up multiple times and I'm never quite sure why. There are multiple points in Arkham Knight where Origins is 100% confirmed as canon

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

The only cannon I care about is the one I’m using to fire this game into the sun with and then doing a 360 turn away from the explosion and walking away

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

The only cannon I care about is the one I’m using to fire this game into the sun with and then doing a 360 turn away from the explosion and walking away

Then you'll be walking into the explosion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Not necessarily...

https://twitter.com/halomancer1/status/1683304164900884481?s=20