Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Co-starring Terry Funk?!?!?!

efb

edit 2 oh god the dog talked but only to the audience and the psychic neighbor, but did so with "lots of black street-jive"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Baron von Eevl posted:

Co-starring Terry Funk?!?!?!

was Hoss Funk unavailable

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

beaviss posted:

a rapid shift in tone in this shows theme somg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg6qNyR4ZJw

So wait. The show is titled “Tequila and Bonetti,” implying the character-dog is named Tequila, but the titles explicitly state “Tequila as the dog,” implying the actor-dog is named Tequila.

Also, I love that according to the end credits, the character-dog not only has a voice, but the voice actor is not worthy of being included in the main credits.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

beaviss posted:

The piano montage at the end has a real Twin Peaks quality that I can’t quite put into words, like it’s not clear what context any of those scenes have and whether Bonetti is aware of them. It’s kind of upsetting, honestly.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh I get it, Bonetti like how dogs like bones and Tequila like how the detective has a crippling addiction

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Tequila is probably credited as Tequila in the credits because don’t understand the concept of fiction and you have to call them by their actual names if you’re going to talk to them in a tv show.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
It's weird that Tequila is credited as "the dog" and not Tequila or Herself

Assuming Tequila is a girl because it ends in A

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Holy poo poo, that is the first time I've thought of Charles Rocket since I heard about his suicide. I now need to watch ALL of that show.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

continuing my theory that Mariska Hargitay has only ever played cops

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

well why not posted:

She was also in an episode of Seinfeld where she auditions to be Elaine in the show-within-the-show.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

fartknocker posted:

She was also in an episode of Seinfeld where she auditions to be Elaine in the show-within-the-show.

undercover

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

well why not posted:

Played a nurse in ER but yeah.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

beaviss posted:

... well, I think I know what I'll point to whenever someone asks me what did the 90's look like.

Also, what was the target audience for this show?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Randalor posted:

... well, I think I know what I'll point to whenever someone asks me what did the 90's look like.

Mr. Bellasario we have a bet in the office that you can't make any premise work.
Bellasario: Oh well, we'll see about that.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Eyyy, accidentally shooting that 12 year old was the best thing that ever happened!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

A fresh start (for me)!

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Jesus, those credits must have been designed by the woman who made that ubiquitous disposable plastic cup squiggle. Or a firm that produced wall art for a six franchise Minneapolis hot dog concern.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Oh, Dixie D. Cupp (the D. is for disposable)

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

I AM GRANDO posted:

The piano montage at the end has a real Twin Peaks quality that I can’t quite put into words, like it’s not clear what context any of those scenes have and whether Bonetti is aware of them. It’s kind of upsetting, honestly.

Apparently the piano sequences are because Bonetti's actor insisted upon them. At least based on my 4 minutes of research.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Brawnfire posted:

Oh, Dixie D. Cupp (the D. is for disposable)

Dixie D. Cupp is the name of my One Piece OC

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

well why not posted:

Deep undercover in Hollywood to break up her father's satanic cult.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Given the EXTREME early 90's vibe I was pretty surprised that the whacky girl cop following Charles Rocket in the credit that was Mariska Hargitay and not Melanie Chartoff. Because it looks more like her with the kooky faces.

Edit:

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Deep undercover in Hollywood to break up her father's satanic cult.
Bodybuilding?

Remulak has a new favorite as of 16:35 on Feb 7, 2024

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Kantesu posted:

Dixie D. Cupp is the name of my One Piece OC

Judging from pretty much every prominent female One Piece character I've seen, a D Cup might be on the modest side

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Back to Weird Al chat, last year he did a tour where he only played rarities, and every time he got to a lyric that hadn't aged well (like the bit about transvestites in Albuquerque) he'd stop the song and talk about how it seemed funny at the time but wasn't a good idea.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

zakharov posted:

Back to Weird Al chat, last year he did a tour where he only played rarities, and every time he got to a lyric that hadn't aged well (like the bit about transvestites in Albuquerque) he'd stop the song and talk about how it seemed funny at the time but wasn't a good idea.

This must be an unpopular idea, because it happens so rarely, but this is my personal gold standard for previously poor behaviour.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Torquemada posted:

Jesus, those credits must have been designed by the woman who made that ubiquitous disposable plastic cup squiggle. Or a firm that produced wall art for a six franchise Minneapolis hot dog concern.

it’s called the Jazz cup, please have some respect for the preeminent art of the 20th century

Ror has a new favorite as of 20:57 on Feb 7, 2024

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Torquemada posted:

This must be an unpopular idea, because it happens so rarely, but this is my personal gold standard for previously poor behaviour.

I like to think it has the same Rhythm as Tom Lehrer's Lobachevsky. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQHaGhC7C2E

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

zakharov posted:

Did he do that during the concert, or was it an encore? I've only seen Weird Al once in concert, and it was 15 years ago now, but he did Albuquerque as his encore and he didn't say anything about aging lyrics. He DID extend the donut selection portion by a good minute.

I have to imagine he just avoids performing Jerry Springer altogether these days

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Aces High posted:

Did he do that during the concert, or was it an encore? I've only seen Weird Al once in concert, and it was 15 years ago now, but he did Albuquerque as his encore and he didn't say anything about aging lyrics. He DID extend the donut selection portion by a good minute.

I have to imagine he just avoids performing Jerry Springer altogether these days

It was his most recent tour where he only played originals and deep cuts.

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

Randalor posted:

Italians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AMIJGH6IAY

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

REPUBLICA PRESENTE

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I AM GRANDO posted:

Tequila is probably credited as Tequila in the credits because don’t understand the concept of fiction and you have to call them by their actual names if you’re going to talk to them in a tv show.
Wouldn't you actually want to avoid calling them by their real names so that they ignore the actors and only do what their trainer tells them to?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Chrpno posted:

REPUBLICA PRESENTE

heth eth eth eth eth eth. Chris Waddle.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I really enjoy the show "Bob's Burgers" and I just caught in season 6 episode 8 where LInda says "Bob's turned into a real Brazil Nut." and the only slang I know for that is... bad. Very bad. Can anyone please someone explain it in a way that doesn't make Linda a horrible racist? Please.

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

He's getting really into Brazil. A real nut about it. A weeaboo, but for Brazil.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Sneaksie Taffer posted:

He's getting really into Brazil. A real nut about it. A weeaboo, but for Brazil.

That is what I get for doing laundry while I watch. It's an episode about Jiro. I am an idiot. Thanks! Never caught that joke before.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Desert Bus posted:

That is what I get for doing laundry while I watch. It's an episode about Jiro. I am an idiot. Thanks! Never caught that joke before.

Whilst I realize that explanation lets you feel better about yourself, it’s a false comfort. The truth is Linda is a huge racist. And now so are you for liking the show. Have fun enjoying your racism.

Racist.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Are people just now realizing Bob's Burgers is heavily coded with racist messaging? Allow me to spend the next few posts outlining th

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Tina is coded ASD, Gene is coded black, Louise is coded "asian". Teddy is clearly discriminated against for being fat, Mort for being bald. Okay time to stop watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

oldpainless posted:

Whilst I realize that explanation lets you feel better about yourself, it’s a false comfort. The truth is Linda is a huge racist. And now so are you for liking the show. Have fun enjoying your racism.

Racist.

Ah yes it’s just like I’m right back at the lefty commune and someone’s mad at me because I asked them to stop leaving their dishes in the sink and actually wash them