Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So right now, SSKTJ is the 106th most played game on Steam with an all-time peak of 13,459.

Currently it's behind such games as American Truck Simulator, Hogwart's Legacy, Left 4 Dead 2, and Halo Infinite. Persona 3 Reload, which came out at the same time and is a remaster of a game from 2006, has an all time peak of 45,002 players and is currently the 26th most played game.

This game is loving dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Love me some American Truck Simulator. Could use a gun-centric, shlooter DLC though, for sure.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Codependent Poster posted:

Currently it's behind such games as American Truck Simulator, Hogwart's Legacy, Left 4 Dead 2, and Halo Infinite. Persona 3 Reload, which came out at the same time and is a remaster of a game from 2006, has an all time peak of 45,002 players and is currently the 26th most played game.

This game is loving dead.

Well it definitely should be doing better than Hogwart's Legacy at least.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hogwart's Legacy was the number 1 selling game last year. I don't think suicide squad should have sold that many.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
badly attempted boycotts aside, Hogwarts got generally favorable reviews. its not a cancerous live service either, so automatically puts it as a better game than Suicide Squad

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Dawgstar posted:

Well it definitely should be doing better than Hogwart's Legacy at least.

You uh, underestimate the popularity of Harry Potter.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

GateOfD posted:

badly attempted boycotts aside, Hogwarts got generally favorable reviews. its not a cancerous live service either, so automatically puts it as a better game than Suicide Squad

Yeah despite the 3-day very online meltdown, the game is very good if you liked ubisoft-style open world. Plus Harry Potter is only rivaled by spider-man for global recognition and popularity.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Hogwart's Legacy was the number 1 selling game last year. I don't think suicide squad should have sold that many.

Eh, that list has some caveats because it doesn't include some major companies. Like Nintendo's eshop sales in a year with new Zelda and Mario games.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Speaking of games that didn't sell enough versus ones that sold too many:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1754870602018820593

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Last I looked it was like $20 on PSN.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

muscles like this! posted:

Last I looked it was like $20 on PSN.

The enhanced edition?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I included Hogwart's Legacy because it's a year old game that's single player. And it's still got more people playing it than Suicide Squad.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Lotta people are starting to finally come around to Midnight Suns. I've definitely been seeing a lot of friend groups giving it a chance since it's like always on sale now. Feels a lot like X-Com in that respect.

As for the Potter game, it was always going to sell. For me tho, if I was gonna put money into Rowling's pockets, the game would have to be something exceptional, which, it seems the game is at best a "good" ubisoft style'd collectathon.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

The enhanced edition?

Currently $20.99 until next Thursday with the Legendary edition $24.99

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Midnight Suns kicks rear end, giving money to TERFs does not(Hoot!!!!!)

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I am not cool with the revisionism that the Harry Potter game is good. If you're not the sort of person who tears up when walking under whatever the Hogwarts Castle gate is called, there's nothing there for you.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The game is good if you like those open world games. Combat is unique and fun.

It is like a much better Gotham Knights.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Do they still have goblin flavored blood libel as a plot point?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Idk I haven't reached that part.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Idk I haven't reached that part.

It is literally the premise of the game.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

It is literally the premise of the game.

Right now I'm helping somebody lift a curse the goblins put on his sister. Haven't reached a part where the goblins need the OC's blood.

Maybe it comes up later as a type of dark magic and they need your blood since you have the ability to use a lost form of magic called "ancient magic".

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

lol

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Mr Hootington posted:

No chance this is true

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It’s true, and I liked Gotham Knights.

Midnight Suns was better than either of those though.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I often hear people talk derisively about open world games and I have to think it's a heavy gamer thing, because I play maybe 2 or 3 a year and have yet to get sick of the genre. I may also be selecting heavily for quality.

I got no love or respeck for Harry Potter but I'm willing to believe that game is better than anything Ubisoft has made in the last ten years, damning with faint praise though that may be

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

OnimaruXLR posted:

I got no love or respeck for Harry Potter but I'm willing to believe that game is better than anything Ubisoft has made in the last ten years

But why?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
AC Odyssey was good, you get to chat with Socrates and Hypocrates.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

OnimaruXLR posted:

I got no love or respeck for Harry Potter but I'm willing to believe that game is better than anything Ubisoft has made in the last ten years, damning with faint praise though that may be

A truly wild sentence two weeks after the new Prince of Persia.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Air Skwirl posted:

Socrates Nuts

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

After dealing with Socrates in that game I understand why everyone wanted to murder him.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Air Skwirl posted:

That's not so special. I can walk into my boss' office and talk to hypocrites at any time.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mr Hootington posted:

yeah. its pretty solid but id wait until its cheaper which will probably be like 3 months. its sad because its fun and snappy and the story is fun and its thankfully less edgy then i have seen people say. i think outside the GAAS bullshit which mostly effects the mission designs(they are meh) the biggest issue i see is that its in the arkhamverse. so the batman alot people love because they grew up with the series, get to see that batman become a psycho monster and then shot in the head i think that rubs people the wrong way. I am mixed on it. one one hand, it kinda "ruins" some of the old games, but on the other, i sorta admire the balls to actually do it and go through with it. usually in those stories, its batman who is the one that dodges the brainwashing. but nope. i do think its one of my favorite kevin conroy games though and he was clearly having fun with it.

anyway. i wanted to like gotham knights so much but it just sucked, it felt like late 360 game alot of the time and it just did nothing with any of its ideas.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. its pretty solid but id wait until its cheaper which will probably be like 3 months. its sad because its fun and snappy and the story is fun and its thankfully less edgy then i have seen people say. i think outside the GAAS bullshit which mostly effects the mission designs(they are meh) the biggest issue i see is that its in the arkhamverse. so the batman alot people love because they grew up with the series, get to see that batman become a psycho monster and then shot in the head i think that rubs people the wrong way. I am mixed on it. one one hand, it kinda "ruins" some of the old games, but on the other, i sorta admire the balls to actually do it and go through with it. usually in those stories, its batman who is the one that dodges the brainwashing. but nope. i do think its one of my favorite kevin conroy games though and he was clearly having fun with it.

anyway. i wanted to like gotham knights so much but it just sucked, it felt like late 360 game alot of the time and it just did nothing with any of its ideas.

I'm not talking about SS

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I'm pretty sure the Arkhamverse thing is the main reason people are so mad about it. I mean, I suppose there's the Kevin Conroy thing, but every actor has a last role eventually and few get to leave on a high note. People are just emotionally invested in this particular Batman since they literally walked in his shoes boots for 3 games. It's basically the anger/controversy over the part of The Last Of Us 2 when Joel dies all over again... but this time with super-people.

I mean don't get me wrong, there'd still be people mad about the story, because no story's perfect and no video game's ever gonna please everyone, but the rage would be drastically lower if they didn't tie it in to those games.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
the batman thing is just the cherry on top of the poo poo sundae.
plenty of other things to be mad about in the game to poke at.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Kevin Conroy never voiced Batman before Arkham asylum?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

He did not, correct

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

TwoPair posted:

I'm pretty sure the Arkhamverse thing is the main reason people are so mad about it. I mean, I suppose there's the Kevin Conroy thing, but every actor has a last role eventually and few get to leave on a high note. People are just emotionally invested in this particular Batman since they literally walked in his shoes boots for 3 games. It's basically the anger/controversy over the part of The Last Of Us 2 when Joel dies all over again... but this time with super-people.

I mean don't get me wrong, there'd still be people mad about the story, because no story's perfect and no video game's ever gonna please everyone, but the rage would be drastically lower if they didn't tie it in to those games.

Six games. We've been with this specific Batman for six games now.

And yeah, if this wasn't Arkhamverse we wouldn't be THIS mad. We'd still be upset, but not as much. There's so many annoying little story things that would have been fixed by not having this set in the Arkhamverse.

The Deadshot retcon especially is just...dumb as gently caress.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Vandar posted:

Six games. We've been with this specific Batman for six games now.

And yeah, if this wasn't Arkhamverse we wouldn't be THIS mad. We'd still be upset, but not as much. There's so many annoying little story things that would have been fixed by not having this set in the Arkhamverse.

The Deadshot retcon especially is just...dumb as gently caress.

Six? Wait, are you counting Injustice? That's very explicitly not the same world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
There was a 3ds game, Blackgate something or other.