Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
I'd be a lot less bummed if we made it to the grand final and then lost vs. getting knocked out before then. It's be really nice if we won the thing and it's been a great year but uh yeah I know better than to really get my hopes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Hey looks like an NRL doubleheader in Las Vegas to start season 2024! I’m definitely making a weekend of it…any Ausgoons planning to come stateside for what is sure to be an absolute clusterfuck?

If you come it would be really cool since I’ve never been to an NRL game before.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I'm going to be in Canada/USA for a couple of weeks but sadly that's in two weeks' time not for the footy

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Make sure you let fly the Maroons flag high while you're there.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
In the USA flying a flag with a big Q on it will make people want to know where you were on January 6, 2021.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Apollodorus posted:

In the USA flying a flag with a big Q on it will make people want to know where you were on January 6, 2021.

That's easy, still celebrating the victory of the worst maroons side ever.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

edogawa rando posted:

Make sure you let fly the Maroons flag high while you're there.

I'm sure there'll be a bonfire at some point to put it in.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Christ the Panthers are good.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Glad I roused myself to watch Sharks/Roosters today since it was an actual game unlike the previous two.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
It was good seeing the salary cap cheats beating the drug cheats.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Gus Gould is 100% correct in identifying the Chooks’ best team member as their accountant.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Where the gently caress was this team last week?

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

how good

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The uppification of the Wahs continues

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
When they're good they're so good (when they're bad they're horrid).

That whole Las Vegas thing next year seems pretty eye-rolling, why are they trying to court the USA? Every sport they touch turns to poison I don't know why anyone bothers.

E. Yeah money I know but it's so short sighted.

Project M.A.M.I.L. fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Sep 16, 2023

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Going for the USA market, with a game that the locals can conceivably understand to chase the untold untapped riches is indeed a stupid risky play.

But it makes more sense that trying to get China, (also with vast untapped money), to try and play/show AFL as they did for a couple of years pre pandemic.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Yeah they aren’t going to make Rugbaleeg a thing here any more than they did with the 1987 Origin game, but I’m not complaining about being able to go see an NRL game without having to go to Aus.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
If only the warriors had a goal kicker

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Even my Broncos supporting friends couldn't deny that it was a forward pass. I can't wait to hear the whinging from my New Zealand workmates.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Attaching two images for no reason.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Yeah, much like the Brownlow, eyeballs can be pretty biased judges.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Reminder to join us in the Discord https://discord.gg/bqxDStt

Or post Cleary hate here.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Rubbish flying onto field count: 3

edit: 4

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Oct 1, 2023

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
hahahahaha

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
Great game, go the Panthers

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

If I were more awake that would probably be more soul crushing I suppose. At least I'm going to Vegas for a few days I guess?

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Akileese posted:

If I were more awake that would probably be more soul crushing I suppose. At least I'm going to Vegas for a few days I guess?

For the doubleheader next season…?

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Apollodorus posted:

For the doubleheader next season…?

Yeah. I didn't realize they announced the dates so I snagged my ticket, flight and room. I'm in Dallas so it's pretty straight forward for me.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Cool! Wife and I are planning to go, just need to solidify plans and get tickets (flight and game) plus figure out our lodging.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Apollodorus posted:

Cool! Wife and I are planning to go, just need to solidify plans and get tickets (flight and game) plus figure out our lodging.

Awesome! Probably as good a time as any for a goon meet once we get closer. I'm sure there'll be more people going.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
We’re planning to do a day hike at Red Rock or similar, too, so maybe that could be part of it. I expect a lot of people will be going solo or in very small groups—would be extra cool if any Ausgoons make it out.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Seems like they shouldn't have scheduled these at the same time, given the expected overlap in interest:

Or maybe there's no overlap, since the Tigers obviously don't need any assistance.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Apollodorus posted:

Seems like they shouldn't have scheduled these at the same time, given the expected overlap in interest:

Or maybe there's no overlap, since the Tigers obviously don't need any assistance.

There is no joke here that I can think that is funnier than the image by itself. it's to on the nose.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Real life is the best humour.

Kill me.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jonathan Thurston is playing a charity cricket match in New Zealand right now, and he appears to be the happiest person on the planet.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Who all is gonna be in Vegas for the opening matches? I made the horrific mistake of booking a 5:45am flight out on Sunday, but luckily I'm staying right next to the airport. I'm definitely going to Omega Mart and also Adventuredome for the roller coaster credit, but aside from that, just gonna kind of go with it. Vegas isn't my kind of city if I'm being blunt since I don't drink much and don't gamble, but there's still good food so I'll take that.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I want to be in Vegas but instead will be in Brisvegas

Basically the same thing

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

iajanus posted:

I want to be in Vegas but instead will be in Brisvegas

Basically the same thing

As expected of a dedicated and passionate Maroons supporter.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

edogawa rando posted:

As expected of a dedicated and passionate Maroons supporter.

I will find my av benefactor and have my revenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Akileese posted:

Who all is gonna be in Vegas for the opening matches? I made the horrific mistake of booking a 5:45am flight out on Sunday, but luckily I'm staying right next to the airport. I'm definitely going to Omega Mart and also Adventuredome for the roller coaster credit, but aside from that, just gonna kind of go with it. Vegas isn't my kind of city if I'm being blunt since I don't drink much and don't gamble, but there's still good food so I'll take that.

I was planning to go there with my wife, but then we had to spend $10k on a new HVAC system and she also had to extend her research trip so that she gets back just a week before, and we can’t put our daughter through the experience of having her mom away for 7 weeks then leave again just a week later.

Adulting sucks y’all.