Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

shades masonry minilumpen:

TOWNY
shwiffles
yuming
cpig
obama
afqm
SCUMMY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i broadly have much less impression of the shades folks than i do my own masonry or the base masonry

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
How can you say YPM is town?? They're literally not posting because they're busy

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tired Moritz posted:

How can you say YPM is town?? They're literally not posting because they're busy

it turns out that puts them in the dead middle of the list, op

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Or basically the perfect patsy when you get Dan and me killed

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

here's a case based on in-masonry behavior, and i invite anyone in my masonry to back it up: dans has been primarily cheerleading to get obama voted out rather than actually make a case until significant prodding happened, and also did a very content-lurky thing in the masonry where he summed up a bunch of info but didn't actually give any insight

All of this is true except for the last part but I'm still town. I've been trying to get obama voted out because I got the 4 part graphic to go with it for us to all do together! But I also was cheerleading for shark!!! Which sounds like we agree on so let's do him tomorrow, can't today because we don't have the votes right now and I have to sign off and won't be back until after deadline.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

this game is lurktastic

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Not sure I see the reason on shark, can someone actually point out their reasoning that isn’t meta based

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

shwinnebego posted:

this game is lurktastic

yea it sucks

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Not sure I see the reason on shark, can someone actually point out their reasoning that isn’t meta based

i believe my argument stands on its own if you reread the whole post and just elide the half a line that involves a meta read

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Captain Foo posted:

i believe my argument stands on its own if you reread the whole post and just elide the half a line that involves a meta read

I’m being lazy but sure I’ll go back and read it

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
We should just kill CPIG imo

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

We should just kill CPIG imo

i would except that the difficultly i'm having in getting votes to accrue to obama has my more convinced than ever that he's scum

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Captain Foo posted:

TOWNY
shwiffles
yuming
cpig
obama
afqm
SCUMMY

if obama flips scum i'll be almost sure that foo is scum

hal too

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

ok "almost sure" is strong but VERY convinced

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Yes please kill me :sparkles: so that I may play in a more typical game.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Captain Foo posted:

TOWNY
shwiffles
yuming
cpig
obama
afqm
SCUMMY

I’m curious why you’ve but schwinn at the top here after calling him scummy earlier

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

shwinnebego posted:

if obama flips scum i'll be almost sure that foo is scum

hal too

I was almost going to vote Obama just now but then I read this post and decided I would stick with tmor a bit longer

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

TOWNY
shwiffles
yuming
cpig
obama
afqm
SCUMMY

You probably said somewhere already but why AFQM at the top? When we talked about this is basonry I thought AFQM was probably the towniest in that masonry. I might be coming around on shwinn though.

I think my my list there would be

AFQM
Shwinn
Yuming
Cpig
Obama

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Tired Moritz posted:

Wrong I’m not busy anymore

You must feel really embarrassed

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

I was almost going to vote Obama just now but then I read this post and decided I would stick with tmor a bit longer

because you don't want Obama to flip scum and have me think that you, too are scum, or...

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Look guys it’s very late here so I’m not going to put up much of a fight. I’ll leave my vote on TMor unless anyone else wants to push for CPig as I think I’d prefer that. I expect to wake up dead tomorrow though.

Might as well claim now anyway, I’m vanilla town

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

reasoning on fqm:

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

The point is to prevent a shortsighted game throw from the non-BASE masonries, in which they immediately vote all BASE out and get stuck in a scum-favored setup

You're missing that in the process of getting that one scum, you're handing the remaining scum an enormous advantage

Again, the most incriminating scum statements are lilely locked away in the masonry chats, the best way to win is to conduct scumhunting internally

We have no way to get to that point without unnecessarily exposing the other members of BASE masonry to strong risk

This after multiple people have already suggested the ideal tactic of scumhunting within the masonries by playing mafia in masonry chat

similar line of reasoning to my shark case: unnecessarily conflating strong consideration of scum candidates in Base with chainvoting them, and a side of 'we can only scumhunt within the masonries' negating value of posting

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I’m curious why you’ve but schwinn at the top here after calling him scummy earlier

i don't think i've called shwiffles scummy
i called him spiny tho

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

did anyone in ya'lls masonries not seem to immediately know the town wincon?

i asked yuming if she had a secret wincon, her and fancy didnt' blink in outing that this was indeed their wincon

obama came in a little later to say something like "oh lol didn't even see that part of the card"

and then cpig never acknowledged the alt wincon at all

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i'm open to cpig, if people would go there instead of obama

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i really do not wish to no-ex and diddle around in this game for another 96 hours

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
As someone who did not see that part of their role pm, I think the whole “didn’t say anything about altwincon” is dumb

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Captain Foo posted:

Scum post, no conviction, wishywashy
“What do people think” shwiff what do you think

Well you did have this one, just kinda seemed like your lumpenlist there was a bit arbitrary. That said I think your posting has been pretty towny otherwise so don’t really know where I’m going with this

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Think I’d rather leave my vote here before bed actually ##vote CPig

For transparency sake I was also encouraged to do this by schwinn in the masonry but I am doing so of my own free will

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

If I do flip I want town to take a hard look at dans in particular. Good luck guys

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Well you did have this one, just kinda seemed like your lumpenlist there was a bit arbitrary. That said I think your posting has been pretty towny otherwise so don’t really know where I’m going with this

oh yeah i suppose that did happen v0v

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Okay I'll go for CPIG. ##vote cpig

Won't be around for deadline

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

shwinnebego posted:

i really do not wish to no-ex and diddle around in this game for another 96 hours

Shwinn how do you feel about TMor

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I get to be that sweet sweet lurkervote.

Maybe you should vote for scum obama instead.

But idc if you vote for me.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
It's hard because most of the casing involves stuff happening in private masonries

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

I get to be that sweet sweet lurkervote.

Maybe you should vote for scum obama instead.

But idc if you vote for me.

when cpig caught suss as scum afte rnot scumhunting in that other game, he did a similar thing - responded with sarcastic/snipey posts but nonetheless remained steadfast in his commitment to not actually even appearing to hunt scum

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

let's see if this works ##vote cpig

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
didn't you make the argument that he was town because he was scumhunting while quoting the same merk post and then he turned out to be scum (and you were scum too but still)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Shwinn how do you feel about TMor

null