Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Dans Macabre posted:

oic

yeah - so why did she fake claim, that's a weird thing to do in masonry

Based on their posts in thread, they probably don't vibe with a masonry game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Yuming claimed doctor but it was very obvious to me that she was joking. I responded by, equally jokingly, claiming seer and making a flip comment that was all “cool use your very real doc power on me so I can use my equally real seer power to catch scum wink wink”

To my utter astonishment, cpig took both of these brazenly bogus claims, designed to self-consciously throw wine at scum, at face value

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

But I didn’t say anything cuz I thought cpig was likely scum and if scum seriously thought our nonsense claims were real (despite us both all but saying “these are nonsense joke claims”) then all the better

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

shwinnebego posted:

Yuming claimed doctor but it was very obvious to me that she was joking. I responded by, equally jokingly, claiming seer and making a flip comment that was all “cool use your very real doc power on me so I can use my equally real seer power to catch scum wink wink”

To my utter astonishment, cpig took both of these brazenly bogus claims, designed to self-consciously throw wine at scum, at face value

My apologies, it's hard to get tone over text. Why wouldn't I believe the claims?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sounds like y'all got stuck in the unfunny masonry

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

What if somber and fancy are both scum and they said to each other in scum chat “let’s each baselessly tunnel a random townie so relentlessly that no one can possibly think we are scum”

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

shades
shwinn
AFQM
Cpig
Obama
yuming

I said cpig is likeliest scum from this list yesterday and what I'm hearing from shwin and afqm just supports that more.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Cpig has played an at best uninspired game that isn’t too different from his scum game. Fancy has tunneled so hard until a mechanical thing shifted him off of me. Cpig has done a decent job of being less sus the last day or so. I don’t know which it is tbh

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

I’d vote Hal

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
It would be ideal if everyone just stopped masoning around and just post in thread

Still feeling the cpig vote tbh

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Tired Moritz posted:

It would be ideal if everyone just stopped masoning around and just post in thread

Still feeling the cpig vote tbh

buddy you're not masoning around OR posting in thread

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I'm the mason from masoning around

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
i think im posting....

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
its cpig or sandwolf imo

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

shwinnebego posted:

I don’t like this pained attempt to make sure everyone know Shwinn knew the claim was fake

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Your Personal Muse posted:

I don’t like this pained attempt to make sure everyone know Shwinn knew the claim was fake

just telling you what happened in our masonry, would you rather i didn't

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i have a night action, i used it last night on cpig, didn't learn anything conclusive

not gonna claim exactly what it is yet

(i've already claimed this in masonry)

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

shwinnebego posted:

just telling you what happened in our masonry, would you rather i didn't

oh boy

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

shwinnebego posted:

I’d vote Hal

So really no matter what I did yesterday you'd have voted me

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

So really no matter what I did yesterday you'd have voted me

who do you think is scum between sand and shark

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

shwinnebego posted:

who do you think is scum between sand and shark

I would still lean toward shark, same as yesterday. We haven't really talked much in basonry so nothing new to report from there

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

okay shwinn, having read both afqm and cpig i think the more reasonable choice out of those two is cpig. not a surprise but let me explain anyway

afqm has been reasonably active and i like some of his posts, such as this one:

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Again, the most incriminating scum statements are lilely locked away in the masonry chats, the best way to win is to conduct scumhunting internally

because it suggests to me that he was actually thinking about how to solve the game, and that his turbo tunneling of you was him putting his strategy into practice. it's internally consistent

it's definitely true that he tunneled the absolute poo poo out of you, though. i'd be annoyed too but if we're comparing him to cpig who has posted very little and many of whose posts even after jokephase are non-engagement:

CapitalistPig posted:

because skeletons are scary

CapitalistPig posted:

Also what's up with foo being pistachio? A non citadel paint.

it's no contest for me. if we end up going w that route im voting cpig

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hello folks I’ve been with my fam today. Dans is still scum, but if we’re gonna kill in the Shadonry I think we should kill CPig or AFQM. It could be Shwin but I think he’s had the towny heat, I think.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would prefer cpig to AFQM, I haven’t seen AFQM as particularly scummy thus far

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I’d really like to exec a scum today if possible, what do y’all think about that plan? We can start w the pig

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

I would prefer cpig to AFQM, I haven’t seen AFQM as particularly scummy thus far

Put a donk on it

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Hello folks I’ve been with my fam today. Dans is still scum, but if we’re gonna kill in the Shadonry I think we should kill CPig or AFQM. It could be Shwin but I think he’s had the towny heat, I think.

Put a donk on it!!!!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

CapitalistPig posted:

My apologies, it's hard to get tone over text. Why wouldn't I believe the claims?

I think this is scum pig getting caught slurping wine

if yuming claims doctor in a mason jar where it’s almost guaranteed there’s a scum then there’s absolutely no reason to not kill her because if she’s bluffing fine now you know who the power role is and if she was wifoming then cool you you get a doc kill

I guess the logic breaks down because you’ve then id’d a town power role you can’t kill without outing scum

gently caress i guess i rubber ducked myself out of a read but my reaction on first reread with fresh eyes was scum post

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:negative:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

shwinnebego posted:

What if somber and fancy are both scum and they said to each other in scum chat “let’s each baselessly tunnel a random townie so relentlessly that no one can possibly think we are scum”

if i could press a button that would open a crate of hammers right above your head, and then all the hammers would fall out and hit you in the head one-hundred times, i would be slapping it right now. please prove to me you have read a post from me re: sharkmafia because i am backing up every single one of my points with textual citation. i know i checked out over the weekend and I'm catching up but i pointed out what looks like a direct self-contradiction at the start of the day. i have a base, it's right there, my base is that shark is content lurking with say-nothing posts that have no connection to scum hunting. find me a good shark case, i dare you.

you seem to think Hal is the basonry scum over shark. why?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

shwinnebego posted:

i have a night action, i used it last night on cpig, didn't learn anything conclusive

not gonna claim exactly what it is yet

(i've already claimed this in masonry)

if you've claimed in the masonry then the scum presumably already know what the deal is. what is the mechanical advantage to withholding this information?

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Somberbrero posted:

if i could press a button that would open a crate of hammers right above your head, and then all the hammers would fall out and hit you in the head one-hundred times, i would be slapping it right now. please prove to me you have read a post from me re: sharkmafia because i am backing up every single one of my points with textual citation. i know i checked out over the weekend and I'm catching up but i pointed out what looks like a direct self-contradiction at the start of the day. i have a base, it's right there, my base is that shark is content lurking with say-nothing posts that have no connection to scum hunting. find me a good shark case, i dare you.

you seem to think Hal is the basonry scum over shark. why?

hey man, i'm on your side in the sense that i don't think shwinn is right about that. you're probably town, afqm probably is too per my post above

also re: your second post, im pretty sure when shwinn said he claimed in the masonry he meant he made this claim. i.e. he didn't say exactly what it was there either. why do you need to know, anyway?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

sharkmafia posted:

okay shwinn, having read both afqm and cpig i think the more reasonable choice out of those two is cpig. not a surprise but let me explain anyway

because it suggests to me that he was actually thinking about how to solve the game, and that his turbo tunneling of you was him putting his strategy into practice. it's internally consistent

it's definitely true that he tunneled the absolute poo poo out of you, though. i'd be annoyed too but if we're comparing him to cpig who has posted very little and many of whose posts even after jokephase are non-engagement:

like come on, this is fake right? have i completely lost my mind? i feel like it because no one else is calling it out.

the way shark gingerly walks up to this case like they needed to reread these posters to come to a conclusion is ridiculous. afqm and pig have been the same players the entire game. afqm has been active and unhinged, cpig has been lurky and low-content. of course cpig is the better vote at face value, i don't buy this as genuine analysis. anyone who only read through day one could make pretty much the same case.

the issue isn't that it's a basic case, the issue is that its construction feels fake. there's a lot of packaging and weasel words built around 'cpig is lurky and afqm isn't.' and i just noticed shark doesn't even vote here! come onnnnnnnnnnnnnn please execute this scum. someone tell me why is shark holding back a vote here, and make it make sense.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

lmao

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

sharkmafia posted:

hey man, i'm on your side in the sense that i don't think shwinn is right about that. you're probably town, afqm probably is too per my post above

also re: your second post, im pretty sure when shwinn said he claimed in the masonry he meant he made this claim. i.e. he didn't say exactly what it was there either. why do you need to know, anyway?

because it's only beneficial to scum to publicly withhold information they already know... we had a whole thing about how content from the masonries needs to be addressed here in thread.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

i can only vote one place my dude, and I'm already voting hal. you may take my vote on cpig as granted

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Somberbrero posted:

because it's only beneficial to scum to publicly withhold information they already know... we had a whole thing about how content from the masonries needs to be addressed here in thread.

that's not actually what i was saying

if shwinn didn't reveal his role to his masonry, as I believe he didn't, then the scum doesnt know what it is. i still think you're town but there's absolutely no need to try to pressure shwinn into revealing his role at this time in that case

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Somberbrero posted:

like come on, this is fake right? have i completely lost my mind? i feel like it because no one else is calling it out.

the way shark gingerly walks up to this case like they needed to reread these posters to come to a conclusion is ridiculous. afqm and pig have been the same players the entire game. afqm has been active and unhinged, cpig has been lurky and low-content. of course cpig is the better vote at face value, i don't buy this as genuine analysis. anyone who only read through day one could make pretty much the same case.

the issue isn't that it's a basic case, the issue is that its construction feels fake. there's a lot of packaging and weasel words built around 'cpig is lurky and afqm isn't.' and i just noticed shark doesn't even vote here! come onnnnnnnnnnnnnn please execute this scum. someone tell me why is shark holding back a vote here, and make it make sense.

also regarding this, you may note that shwinn himself is unsure which of afqm and cpig it is. i'm basically responding to his uncertainty here

my belief is that shwinn is looking at afqm as scummier than he actually is because afqm has been hard tunneling all game. i deeply understand the frustration of having some guy be absolutely obsessed with your supposed scumminess, believe me. but i believe converting this into feelings of suspicion is at least somewhat misguided. which is to say, to him at least, the answer is non obvious. this is my take on it

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

also, (and I want you to remember this exchange if I flip, as well), i want to know what words in that post you think are 'weasel words.'

i believe all my opinions were made unambiguously. I explain my reasoning and at the end state my intent clearly. I don't actually care, nor does it matter, whether you think those opinions are 'obvious' or not. if you have a more nuanced take (i.e. one that does not consist of just the takes you see as 'obvious') on afqm vs cpig i'd love to hear it, because outside of the somberbreosphere a choice between afqm and cpig seems increasingly likely, and we need all the insight on the topic we can get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

sharkmafia posted:

re: weasel words. bolded above, you asked for it sharky and i deliver. this is soft language meant to dull the point, there's no actual interest in voting pig here. 'gee jolly gosh if we had to pick one these i guess i'd go pig' does not inspire confidence in the vote.

compared with:

Hal Incandenza posted:

direct, to the point, unselfconscious. all that needs to be said on the matter.