Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I slept funny three days ago and my neck still hurts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I guess MAYBE I should've been keeping an eye on my blood pressure, what with having lost almost 30 kg in half a year. I think I need to halve my dose of Candesartan.

(Almost blacked out coming up from a deep squat after filling the lower rack of the dishwasher. 98/65 with no break lol.)

Maybe I should have a chat with a doctor tho.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

big scary monsters posted:

Honk hahaha shoo
Honk ehhehe shoo
Honk tee hee shoo
Honk WHAT THE gently caress AAAARGH

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:hmmyes:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

though fr gently caress hills

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I guess MAYBE I should've been keeping an eye on my blood pressure, what with having lost almost 30 kg in half a year. I think I need to halve my dose of Candesartan.

congrats, that's awesome. Well, not the almost blacking out. but the 66 lbs.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

I shake my cane in anger every time I see this posted.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
GOUTSE.CX: just left work because i cannot manage going up and down hills

mystes
May 31, 2006

mediaphage posted:

GOUTSE.CX: just left work because i cannot manage going up and down hills
Then how did you get over the hill?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

mystes posted:

fuckin’ pushed, man

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
my first concert was buster poindexter

Carthag Tuek posted:

flogginh moll was fun to see live imo

ive seen them two, maybe three times? two times were at the punk venues here, they were a riot opening for bouncing souls at the agora ballroom. i think the other time was with suicide machines

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

did this last week, like properly woke myself up like "ow jfc what happened"

:yossame:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

did this last week, like properly woke myself up like "ow jfc what happened"

:yossame:

it STILL hurts. seemed like an unusually long time to be hurting so I went to the doctor and he said I probably slept funny

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

it STILL hurts. seemed like an unusually long time to be hurting so I went to the doctor and he said I probably slept funny

when I was a kid the local doctor would always say "well just be glad you're not a woman" and then to my mother "well just be glad you're younger than me"

also if I don't stretch this one specific part of my shoulder/back out it gets totally hosed up. Of course, I do not do this until it's hosed up

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

I am forty. I have wrinkles and grey hair. I should carry I walking stick because I have trouble getting up and down hills. I just had twins and bought an 80 pound puppy. I just want to leave work.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
There is earwax in my ear that has been bugging me for a week straight. It seems to want to reform in the exact same spot, even if I do the inexcusable and use a q-tip to clean it out. Going to ask a doctor at an upcoming appointment for something else to just peek in my ear with the otoscope and make sure it's not actually a little ear spider or something making a little ear web in there.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

go to an ent and have them flush it out

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Volmarias posted:

There is earwax in my ear that has been bugging me for a week straight. It seems to want to reform in the exact same spot, even if I do the inexcusable and use a q-tip to clean it out. Going to ask a doctor at an upcoming appointment for something else to just peek in my ear with the otoscope and make sure it's not actually a little ear spider or something making a little ear web in there.

get some debrox and clean that poo poo out

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

you want an audiologist. I thought I had the same thing but it could also have been sinuses after having a cold, went to one that was running out of a room in a shared office block thing and she was like "yep, that's wax, I'll sort that out for you". cost £75 iirc

I think when they used to use water for it there was a risk of ear damage but now it's like a tiny camera and ultrasonic thing or something, it's very cool.

also oh my god you would be amazed or disgusted by how much of that stuff is in your ears.

mystes
May 31, 2006

My ear had a buildup of earwax or something maybe 6 months ago that was bad enough that it blocked my hearing on and off and like any good american I just ignored it for like 3 weeks until it finally went away

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i had an issue with my ear getting that sort of buildup for a while a few years ago. i bought a syringe with this pyramid tip that shoots water along the walls of your ear canal rather than straight at your eardrum. it goes around a blockage and shoots it out. very effective and disgusting lol.

also pro tip if you do that thing make absolutely sure you use body temp water lol. cold water can make you instantly super dizzy

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

between this and using a sinus rinse thing I have to say that all other evidence aside, creationists are wrong because who would design this bullshit?

"ok so these holes are for listening to stuff right? Ok so what if they also produced wax, like for candles? awesome! cool ok now let me tell you about the sinus thing, you like complicated plumbing right?"

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
the wax is how your ears keep themselves clean

like, your skin is constantly dying and falling off (and being replaced by new skin), and that includes the skin going down your ear canals. earwax gathers up all that dead skin and slowly oozes out to not be blocking your ear canal. until it doesn't manage to ooze out successfully and you need to do something about it.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

between this and using a sinus rinse thing I have to say that all other evidence aside, creationists are wrong because who would design this bullshit?

"ok so these holes are for listening to stuff right? Ok so what if they also produced wax, like for candles? awesome! cool ok now let me tell you about the sinus thing, you like complicated plumbing right?"
Earwax is created by the devil

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

yeah it’s not like pre-humans could go to the drug store for assistance

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

pre-historic humans with too much ear wax simply passed away because they could not hear predators

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

polyester concept posted:

pre-historic humans with too much ear wax simply passed away because they could not hear predators

I finding the term "passed away" incredibly grating in 99% of circumstances a sign of advanced age?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I finding the term "passed away" incredibly grating in 99% of circumstances a sign of advanced age?
Would you prefer "died a horrible death"?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

mystes posted:

one day at a time, same as the rest of us

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mystes posted:

Would you prefer "died a horrible death"?

Yes, actually. Unless they didn't die a horrible death of course.

It's weird how averse people have become to using the word "died" recently.

mystes
May 31, 2006

fritz posted:

one day at a time, same as the rest of us
Some of us prefer expediting the process by running up that hill and/or ice skating up it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

ah yes the new phrase “passed away” only coined 700 years ago

also weird how perhaps a global pandemic resulting in millions dead and more injured might make people be a little more gentle with respect to death (not that i buy into your premise that it’s being used more lately)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mediaphage posted:

ah yes the new phrase “passed away” only coined 700 years ago

also weird how perhaps a global pandemic resulting in millions dead and more injured might make people be a little more gentle with respect to death (not that i buy into your premise that it’s being used more lately)

didn't claim it was a new phrase or it should never be used

and its odd how world war two killed and injured millions more than COVID but (english-speaking) people didn't change their vocabulary about death

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

and its odd how world war two killed and injured millions more than COVID but (english-speaking) people didn't change their vocabulary about death

i mean are you going to back that up with sources or just going with feels like the first point

i think you’re just being weird about the idea that some people prefer euphemisms about death. it’s fine.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
it’s a rough chuckle but it’s kind of funny to refer to certain gruesome deaths (e.g. mussolini) as someone having “passed away”, so it has value

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

I'm sure people changed a lot of behaviors about death.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kenny Logins posted:

it’s a rough chuckle but it’s kind of funny to refer to certain gruesome deaths (e.g. mussolini) as someone having “passed away”, so it has value

Exactly. I've seen people refer to someone hit by a train as having "passed" and no motherfucker they were straight up killed.

mediaphage posted:

i mean are you going to back that up with sources or just going with feels like the first point

i think you’re just being weird about the idea that some people prefer euphemisms about death. it’s fine.

Sources for what, exactly?

And language may change and adapt but it won't stop me getting peevish in my old age.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Kenny Logins posted:

yeah i was channelling the vibe from this tweet

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life
He passed away violently in his terror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Like, passed away used to be a euphemism used by and around the recently bereaved or to describe meemaw slipping away in bed at the age of 106 surrounded by her loving family. Strangers didn't usually use it to describe other strangers' deaths due to vehicular homicide or sudden explosive intestine disorder.