Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

well jed that's what a real baseball team looks like, how about you build one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004
Royals doing Royals things to start the season

At least the starting pitching looks good? But the bullpen is dogshit and nobody can hit other then BWJ

I’m sure ownership is thrilled with the start right before the stadium vote on Tuesday.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The Cubs are finished.

Doooooooooooooommmmmmmmm

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Astros stink again!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

The Astros stink again!

It's been so many years that I've forgotten what people in other cities do in October. Guess I can find out this year.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
i can't believe it, the cubs season somehow got even worse

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Exodor posted:

Royals doing Royals things to start the season

At least the starting pitching looks good? But the bullpen is dogshit and nobody can hit other then BWJ

I’m sure ownership is thrilled with the start right before the stadium vote on Tuesday.

Admittedly I should know better considering they start April awfully for the last near decade but I briefly allowed myself hope only to see them score 2 runs, hit like 6??? players with pitchers, commit 2 errors and just in general look like yet another 100 loss team.

Yay baseball.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Just hold 'em for a few innings, fellas, Counsell will think of something

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Jordan Hicks was pretty good in his first Giants start. 5 scoreless innings, 3 hits 6 strikeouts

also:
https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1774247293954256965

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Tonight sucked but also we were like a foot and a half away from a Morel grandslam that wins it last night and being 1-1. Hopefully Wicks doesn't get obliterated tomorrow and we can salvage a win before getting what looks like it'll be three consecutive rainouts to reset.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Shut it down.

Cancel the season.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Yankees...ok?!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Haven't watched either Phils game and don't really plan on doing much more than passively keeping track of scores and standings. I think the window is shut after two extremely good chances and they aren't making the playoffs this year. Other teams are getting better and they decided to run back the same extremely flawed roster. Don't see any magic/luck happening for a third year in a row.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Inspector_666 posted:

Yankees...ok?!

The Yankees are never OK.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

triple sulk posted:

Haven't watched either Phils game and don't really plan on doing much more than passively keeping track of scores and standings. I think the window is shut after two extremely good chances and they aren't making the playoffs this year. Other teams are getting better and they decided to run back the same extremely flawed roster. Don't see any magic/luck happening for a third year in a row.

there's like 16 wildcard teams everyone gets in

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

Tonight sucked but also we were like a foot and a half away from a Morel grandslam that wins it last night and being 1-1. Hopefully Wicks doesn't get obliterated tomorrow and we can salvage a win before getting what looks like it'll be three consecutive rainouts to reset.

Nope, it's dooooom see you next year.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Wait why is everyone doomposting? The season's gone great so far!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

The Pussy Boss posted:

Jordan Hicks was pretty good in his first Giants start. 5 scoreless innings, 3 hits 6 strikeouts

also:
https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1774247293954256965

As much as I hate the Giants winning, hat tip to Lee and that's awesome that his dad saw it.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Dameius posted:

It's been so many years that I've forgotten what people in other cities do in October. Guess I can find out this year.

We mostly bitch about having to watch the Astros

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Orioles so far: great starting pitching, great offense, one suspect rear end bullpen

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I know I'm late to the party, but has anyone said "Graham Pole-ly" yet?

https://twitter.com/Padres/status/1774260574282715539

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Monathin posted:

My team's on pace for 162 wins and 11 runs per game.

You mean there are teams not doing that?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Monathin posted:

Remember how old management made you feel?

Well now they run the Blue Jays.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

https://x.com/mariners/status/1774293517214630203?s=46&t=003ItTcjzy8IUQl6gpZLWw
:getin:

Intruder posted:

The Astros stink again!

:sickos:

Inspector_666 posted:

Yankees...ok?!

:smith:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Juan Soto shooting homers inside the opposite field foul pole is loving nuts. Its like when you hit a bank shot in pool

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Ohtani with the bases loaded choke smh

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
N: Julio comes up big with his first walk off hit.

V: The Mariners are never relinquishing second place.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Poque posted:

Not looking forward to having to try to dig out of a 10 game hole again

Well, the good (?) news is they aren’t digging out of poo poo. There’s no magic midseason run in this team. They’re just going to dig a hole and then lay down in it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Mariners: .677 winning percentage since losing a Teo
Dodgers. .600 winning percentage since gaining a Teo

I think we can all see what the math is telling us folks

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Giants villain arc continues

https://twitter.com/mlberrors/status/1774147405111243021

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Furnaceface posted:

Remember how old management made you feel?

Well now they run the Blue Jays.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Ohtani's lifetime clutch rating is ridiculously high. When he popped up with the bases loaded, I tore my clothes and yelled at the moon.

Why the gently caress would you put Joe Kelly, all stuff and no command, into a rainy game and leave him there for five ERs in the first place?!

Just like last year, the Dodgers weak spot is going to be their bullpen. They need more than one shut-down arm in there.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

"My team's weak link is the bullpen" -- absolutely every baseball fan in the world

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Mar 31, 2024

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Eric the Mauve posted:

"My team's wink link is the bullpen" -- absolutely every baseball fan in the world

I hear ya. But considering how scary the rest of the Dodgers roster is at every angle, you'd think they'd have someone who deserved an insane closer walkout. I thought they should have thrown a bag at Hader. Philips is legit, but his set-up men are pretty meh.

I think Dustin May should eventually get moved to the role. He is terrifying and filthy, but his mechanics cannot support being a starter without blowing his arm out every six months.

Evan Philips is really underrated, though.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Quote is not edit
Quote is not edit
Quote is not edit
Quote is not edit
Quote is not edit

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

GODDAMMIT QUOTE IS NOT EDIT ERIC

....okay, I probably deserve a sixer for doing it twice in a row. :sigh:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RC and Moon Pie posted:

My team's on pace for 162 wins and 11 runs per game.

You mean there are teams not doing that?

162-0 club checking in.

Eric the Mauve posted:

"My team's weak link is the bullpen" -- absolutely every baseball fan in the world

It is hilarious in every league-wide poll how every fanbase thinks their manager is below-average at bullpen management and nobody trusts their closer.

Captain Log posted:

I hear ya. But considering how scary the rest of the Dodgers roster is at every angle, you'd think they'd have someone who deserved an insane closer walkout. I thought they should have thrown a bag at Hader. Philips is legit, but his set-up men are pretty meh.

I think Dustin May should eventually get moved to the role. He is terrifying and filthy, but his mechanics cannot support being a starter without blowing his arm out every six months.

Evan Philips is really underrated, though.

I am baffled at what happened to Vesia last year. Dude looked like absolute nails in 2021/2.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Intruder posted:

Well Rangers fans, congrats, Bryan Abreu's suspension cost the Astros the first two games of the season and you won the WS anyway so it all worked out for you

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

the Norfolk Tides is basically a major league lineup. they need move some of these guys before they get too old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

"Bryan Abreu's suspension thrw off his schedule and cost the Astros the third game of the season" is what he'll bang on about next :v:

this is a joke i just wanted to make that "bang on about" pun, Intruder is cool