Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Don't the Giants have to sign off on that since they have a minor league affiliate there? Or does team territory only apply to the MLB team's market?

Either way that's extremely scummy of the city of Sacramento to do to Oakland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It took 7 games but the Astros successfully didn't have the bullpen lose a game

e: without having the starter throw a no hitter that is

Intruder fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 4, 2024

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Does Sacramento even have anything to do with the A's playing there? Wouldn't that just be between the A's and Giants, as someone posted earlier?

It's a nice stadium for AAA. It will be a disaster for MLB play...well, actually it will probably boost attendance and a AAA park could help the A's feel more comfortable. Just incredible that dipshit Fisher got us here, oh wait Manfred has been very clear he's a good owner so surely this is fine, why else would Manfred be so supportive?

Edit: apparently it does involve Sacramento I had a rage blackout and missed the next post. Rage is in sympathy for Oakland and A's fans, which I am NOT

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Apr 4, 2024

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Meanwhile Jorge Mateo is starting in CF for the O’s :laffo:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Put the Rangers or the Astros back in the national, keep the silver boot series. All Texas World Series back on the table, god dammit

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Send the Brewers back to the AL.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I think Sacramento is betting that the Vegas A's fall apart (probably a pretty good bet) and then the A's stick there for a lack of other options..

Honestly I know I sound crazy but I think there is genuinely still a chance where the A's end up playing back in the Oakland Coliseum again after a couple years lol

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 4, 2024

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
In a few years the Athletics will be playing at various high school fields but only when the varsity team is playing across town.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

bye bye little giants

:sweep: :sweep: :sweep:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Starsfan posted:

I think Sacramento is betting that the Vegas A's fall apart (probably a pretty good bet) and then the A's stick there for a lack of other options..

Honestly I know I sound crazy but I think there is genuinely still a chance where the A's end up playing back in the Oakland Coliseum again after a couple years lol

Fisher being an entitled failson who keeps loving up the process could be what gets them back to Oakland, hopefully. The terminal stadium would have been really cool, too, but this ghoul couldn't go with it because he wouldn't get handed enough money. Just the loving worst owner and it isn't even a contest

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

Put the Rangers or the Astros back in the national, keep the silver boot series. All Texas World Series back on the table, god dammit

we already got the all texas world series, the alcs was the real world series

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

just learned road to the show has a pitch clock what the gently caress lol

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Fate Accomplice posted:

that's 4+ liters, drat

I usually try to get there when the gates open to watch batting practice, etc., so it’s over the course of 6+ hours.

Timby posted:

Imagine spending a hundred bucks or more on lovely stadium beer.

If you’re trying to save money you’re not going to sporting events. I don’t mind spending some money a few times a year to have a good time. :shrug:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Intruder posted:

just learned road to the show has a pitch clock what the gently caress lol

Love how SDS added in all the new Manfred rules like the pitch clock and limited pick offs but still left in glaring bugs that have been present since like, The Show '19. Extremely on brand for them.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

bawfuls posted:

bye bye little giants

:sweep: :sweep: :sweep:

I wonder if you're going to get so numb from so many games being won that beating the Giants will no longer provide any kind of endorphin reaction. Like you become a stone faced emotionless robot who can no longer feel due to excessive shutouts. The Giants just become another unremarkable casualty in the inevitable expressway, not worthy of note or celebration.

Good luck, The Rest of Baseball, dealing with that Dodgers rotation. Maybe one of these franchises can win a series by either pitching two perfect games in one trip, or otherwise find which one of their interns is entering the Konami code in the basement before the game.

waffy
Oct 31, 2010

Over their first 5 games they’re averaging 13 runs per game.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Intruder posted:

It took 7 games but the Astros successfully didn't have the bullpen lose a game

e: without having the starter throw a no hitter that is

2-5 with a starter era of 1.26, 2nd best OPS in the league and the most home runs *scratchy looking at a newspaper headline YOU NEED A BULLPEN TO LIVE*

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
gently caress the Astros.

But I doubt Hader, Pressly, & Co. will forget how to close a game for the rest of the season. It seems like Hader has a lovely month in each season, and it sucks if he decided to get it out of the way when the games mean so little.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Sydin posted:

Love how SDS added in all the new Manfred rules like the pitch clock and limited pick offs but still left in glaring bugs that have been present since like, The Show '19. Extremely on brand for them.

OOTP is the same. They know where the cash comes from and they don't really give a gently caress about the things people seem to have forgiven them for.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The Texans just traded for Stefan Diggs in what is considered a steal and are jumping up the ranks in super bowl contenders even moreso which does not bode well for the rest of the Houston teams.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Texans is probably the most stupid name in sports history

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

For sure.

https://twitter.com/variainayurt/status/1775832214720184690

Jeremy Pena stay out of russia

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/TalkinYanks/status/1775650537226018899

Soto is such an rear end in a top hat lol

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Scorer from last night's Cubs game appears to have taken the rare option of taking a win from somebody who technically earned it but sucked rear end in the process. Neris should have the win but it's credited to Adbert.

Edit: yep

https://twitter.com/ScoringChanges/status/1775736756215947405

Full Tweet Thread posted:

Interesting situation tonight in the @Rockies at @Cubs game where rule 9.17(c) has been invoked. Up 8-3 in the top of the 8th, Chicago allowed five runs as the Rockies tied the game. Hector Neris of Chicago pitched 0.2 innings, and allowed 2 earned runs (and 3 inherited) runs to score. This falls in the definition of brief (fewer than 1.0 innings) and ineffective (allowing 2 or more runs to score, whether his own or inherited). That meant that even though Chicago scored a run in the bottom of the 8th to take a 9-8 lead…when the subsequent reliever Adbert Alzolay pitched a scoreless 9th, he was credited with the win and not the save. Apparently this was scored as a win for Neris and a save for Alzolay but changed pretty quickly after the game.

Poque fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Apr 4, 2024

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

I wonder if you're going to get so numb from so many games being won that beating the Giants will no longer provide any kind of endorphin reaction.
Impossible because the Giants always play the Dodgers tough even when they’re otherwise complete dogshit. Two of the games were 1-run affairs after all. They’ll probably return the favor later this year.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Poque posted:

Scorer from last night's Cubs game appears to have taken the rare option of taking a win from somebody who technically earned it but sucked rear end in the process. Neris should have the win but it's credited to Adbert.

Give Adbert a win, hold, and save all in one appearance IMHO

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Poque posted:

Uncharacteristic from Neris, how many IP does he have for yall so far

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

zoux posted:

Uncharacteristic from Neris, how many IP does he have for yall so far

2.2. Weather was miserable last night and the game shouldn't have been played, there really aren't many statistical takeaways from it specifically that present any long-term issues

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Poque posted:

2.2. Weather was miserable last night and the game shouldn't have been played, there really aren't many statistical takeaways from it specifically that present any long-term issues

we statistically proved (again) that christopher morel is our very good and cool friend

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lmao

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

goddamn I would love to have a guy like Alvarez in the middle of the O's order. they are missing that big 40 HR bat

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
2024 Jays in a nutshell:

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

AlbertFlasher posted:

2024 Jays in a nutshell:

Yeah I saw that and was like thanks for sitting the only reason you won 1 game out of 3 (and only got 1 hit in those 2 losses).

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

Yeah I saw that and was like thanks for sitting the only reason you won 1 game out of 3.

I dunno feels like a lot of guys could have hit that meatball Hader threw out

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Poque posted:

I am a bit worried about Neris, his skills-based numbers were not as rosy last season. Just need some permutation of him, Leiter, and Merryweather to not be total rear end when getting to Alzolay

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/jeffpassan/status/1775901004304629845?s=46

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
you're not supposed to emulate the arizona coyotes

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Booted in Oakland

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

a lot of people are mad at Fisher, but they're jealous they didn't get born into hundreds of millions of dollars then invest in the stock market heavily in the 80s and then buy a baseball team whose value has appreciated 10x since purchase. it's called bootstraps people, smdh. another masterful Manfred Approved Good Owner move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's a better outcome for As fans than going to LV imo (also lol that LV was like no thanks to As baseball). It's what, hour and a half from the bay to Sacramento?