Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i have a very bad feeling about cool kyle's start against the dodgers tomorrow and i can't emotionally handle him getting absolutely lit up by their oops all MVPs lineup. i have literally never heard of the dodgers pitcher, so i assume he will throw 8 innings of 2-hit shutout ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Gonna pop over and catch an Ohtani home run and get tackled by 35 Chicago security beef boys all at once.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Monday is the 50th anniversary of Henry Aaron hitting No. 715.

Speaking of exchanges for milestone homers, Sammy Davis Jr. promised $25,000 to the fan that caught it. Since that was Tom House in the bullpen, something tells me House did not get $25K.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

R.D. Mangles posted:

i have literally never heard of the dodgers pitcher, so i assume he will throw 8 innings of 2-hit shutout ball.

He rules. And he's from around here. He's gonna mow us down.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh poo poo he's from elk grove, home of the Maker's Wanted Bahamas Bowl

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

R.D. Mangles posted:

i have a very bad feeling about cool kyle's start against the dodgers tomorrow and i can't emotionally handle him getting absolutely lit up by their oops all MVPs lineup. i have literally never heard of the dodgers pitcher, so i assume he will throw 8 innings of 2-hit shutout ball.

lol. He got 11 strikeouts against the cardinals. Your boys are toast

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Cardinals have definitely been better than I was expecting so far, Gibson and Matz especially looked good. I will be happy to eat crow after my endless offseason of bitching

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

Pitch clock and game times moved up stinks. I'm a night owl and I love watching baseball late, this all games over by 8PM is garbage.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

quote:

“Believe it or not, this is going to be the best ticket in Major League Baseball,” [Kings owner Vivek] Ranadivé said. “Because it’s a small, intimate stadium. It’s like being in the lower bowl in a basketball game. And so imagine that, (Shohei) Ohtani is there and it’s a small, intimate stadium. So it’s going to be the most sought-after ticket in America.”

Lots of real good sports team owners involved in this whole A's thing (Ranadive owns Sutter Health Park)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

fast cars loose anus posted:

Lots of real good sports team owners involved in this whole A's thing (Ranadive owns Sutter Health Park)

It rules that none of these people can name anybody on the A's.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Fans will love seeing Rent Brooker patrolling the outfield for the A's in this most intimate of settings!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Popete posted:

Fans will love seeing Rent Brooker patrolling the outfield for the A's in this most intimate of settings!

I didn’t realize they renamed Knightman

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

It sure would be nice to have Justin Steele for a series against the Dodgers

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Sorry he's dead, rip.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

We will but not for a while.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sydin posted:

Sorry he's dead, rip.

It's weird Marquee was showing a highlight clip of Justin Steele the other day and I thought that was pretty gauche considering he was MURDERED less than a week ago

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I used to feel joy when I saw a Shohei highlight, but the latest home run left me cold. Once the Yankees or Dodgers buy you, the fun's over.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

DeepDickPizza posted:

He rules. And he's from around here. He's gonna mow us down.

:hmmyes:

Bobby Miller is cool and good, saw some of his stuff on Pitching Ninja while he developing and he seems like he will be a Dude for a very long time

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

Bobby Miller was the Dodgers best pitching prospect going into last year. He throws 100 and also has a pretty good changeup

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1773912530106175981

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1773916164906991680

He struck out 11 Cardinals in 6 shutout innings with 1 walk in his first start this year.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Please don't judge them too hard. The LAyaway Dodgers are on a very fixed budget.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

AndrewP posted:

I used to feel joy when I saw a Shohei highlight, but the latest home run left me cold. Once the Yankees or Dodgers buy you, the fun's over.

That news about the fan and the ball sounds slimy as gently caress

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Look at this motherfucker.

https://twitter.com/MadChoriyama/status/1773918775131418627

This has the slo-mo on the particularly filthy changeup to Sami Zayn.

https://x.com/PitchingNinja/status/1773897630164148285

EDIT: bawfuls beat me to it while I was looking for and then rewatching the videos

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
From the story in The Athletic regarding the Ohtani ball

quote:

“I don’t regret it,” Roman said. “If I would have kept the ball, what would it have been worth really (without the authentication)? I feel like, this at least, if he retires as a Hall of Famer or anything like that, I have this merch.”

Yeah I'm back to not giving a gently caress that the team was mean to them or whatever

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

bawfuls posted:

Japanese speakers on Twitter are saying that the Ohtani quote about talking to them is a poor translation.

You'd think the guy would have a good translator after so many years.

We've reached a point where nobody realiably knows what Ohtani is saying, which is extremely hilarious, but you'd also think the Dodgers could go to Little Tokyo and wave money at someone who works at the Kinokuniya.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Apr 5, 2024

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Much as I think we'd love to point fingers at Well He Should Have A Better Interpreter, journalism, especially sports journalism, double especially social media based sports journalism, doesn't exactly need a language barrier to take someone wildly out of context.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
They should have given the fans like peanuts and hot dogs for the next 10 years and then signed balls, bats, gloves, jerseys, tickets, etc over the following 10 years.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Like why would you accept a couple dumb signed items even if they're pressuring you that they won't authenticate?

I can't imagine not rather just having the ball, it's on video plus you can point out how lovely they were about it if you feel like it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/YankeesPR/status/1776225403369148899

Christ...... Right to the 60.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
The Lasagna is once again cold :hotpickle:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Well Played Mauer posted:

The Lasagna is once again cold :hotpickle:

Wild that his most recent appearance was his best looking one so far. Although I guess that's probably correlated!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

The latest "WTF" from Angel Hernandez

https://x.com/CodifyBaseball/status/1776046254327566584

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

lol that's terrible

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
I'd like to welcome the rest of the SAS community to Cubsposting this weekend, I'm sure we can all defeat the insidious Evil Empire that is the Los Angeles Dodgers

I actually don't hate the Dodgers (yet) cos a bunch of their guys like Mookie and my large adult son from Japan Shohei are actually pretty cool but whatever

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/kylecorwintakes/status/1775552323571384564?t=t5pwh6wpzBBp8mHJoCDAPg

Good lord what kind of mickey mouse operation..

Some context here: he initially called it a foul ball, the Tigers challenged it, and he changed his call to "swing". You'll also note the catcher interference that wasn't called. Oh and the bases were loaded.

zoux fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Apr 5, 2024

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1776250969568776400

I like the font and the skyline in the bell on the hat, but the colors and gradients on most of the City Connect unis really don't do it for me.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1776250969568776400

I like the font and the skyline in the bell on the hat, but the colors and gradients on most of the City Connect unis really don't do it for me.

was this the philly connects?

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1776249825320636888

Looks like the uniforms for a Blast Ball team in Starship Troopers

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

zoux posted:

Yeah, It had a couple other photos from different angles. I guess that explains why I couldn't get it to embed properly!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

zoux posted:

gross.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Poque posted:

Gonna pop over and catch an Ohtani home run and get tackled by 35 Chicago security beef boys all at once.

look I know it seems excessive from the security team, but they just can't take the risk the ball doesn't get thrown back on the field

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

is it just me or is the nike mark getting bigger