Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Trillhouse posted:

it's going to be a mockup of a model 3 without a steering wheel and they'll show it going around a closed course.

it's going to be a broken-rear end "auto share" program with an app and the thousands of teslas hertz is trying to dump. you pay by the minute for the vehicle and all the cars come with fsd enabled.

bam! robotaxi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

funny, that's what all the 911 calls transcriptions will start with, too

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

infernal machines posted:

it's going to be a broken-rear end "auto share" program with an app and the thousands of teslas hertz is trying to dump. you pay by the minute for the vehicle and all the cars come with fsd enabled.

bam! robotaxi.

nah, that implies that any effort at all is going into this

it's going to be about as real as the "robot" reveal that was just a guy in a suit doing a dance

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Main Paineframe posted:

it's going to be about as real as the "robot" reveal that was just a guy in a suit doing a dance

yeah. i wouldn't put it past them to use a very selectively edited (or entirely cg) video to "prove" that it's not fake too, since they've done it before without any apparent consequences

that takes some effort too obviously, but not nearly as much as actually making a robotaxi

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

I asked AI to give me a visual representation of "divorced" and this came out:

https://twitter.com/agarra_pala/status/1778833889999356035?t=LXM3Ppql1XXlMjIxtER0lA&s=19

This is a false and rather impossible statement for you to make.

Milei is not married, the First Lady of Argentina is his sister, from which he cannot exit that relationship.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

facialimpediment posted:

I asked AI to give me a visual representation of "divorced" and this came out:

https://twitter.com/agarra_pala/status/1778833889999356035?t=LXM3Ppql1XXlMjIxtER0lA&s=19

they look like a pair of singers that got made bankrupt after several divorces and addictions and have to go back on the road now they're old. one of them had a lot of plastic surgery.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Main Paineframe posted:

also the other robot reveal where they wheeled out optimus and had a couple guys standing there to keep it from tipping over

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

they look like a pair of singers that got made bankrupt after several divorces and addictions and have to go back on the road now they're old. one of them had a lot of plastic surgery.

one of them? lol

Tesseraction posted:

Milei is not married, the First Lady of Argentina is his sister, from which he cannot exit that relationship.

i mean, it also says "the best president in the world meets the best businessman in the world", so the whole premise is faulty really

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Beeftweeter posted:

i mean, it also says "the best president in the world meets the best businessman in the world", so the whole premise is faulty really

im the best poster in the world

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Roosevelt posted:

im the best poster in the world

EL MEJOR POASTER DEL MUNDO CON LA PEOR PUBLICACIÓN DEL MUNDO

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i don't know the actual word for "post" in spanish and just went with what was closest, sorry lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Beeftweeter posted:

i don't know the actual word for "post" in spanish and just went with what was closest, sorry lol

one time me & my friend craig were tryin to figure out how to say “mister fancypants” in spanish and neither of us spoke spanish and we settled on “señor bonita pantalones”

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

it's got to be posta, right? if i learned anything from my dad it's that you can add "a" to any word in english and it translates perfectly to spanish

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

refleks posted:

how many minutes before an edit pops up that replaces Freeze Peach with "PUSSY IN BIO"

this was a fun quick little project :)
https://i.imgur.com/Jr1NRLV.mp4

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

full self dying just halved in price as of 10 minutes ago lmao

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
*full speed slams a tesla under a semi trailer, beheading the occupants*

half off! :elon:

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Tesseraction posted:

seems on point for a libertarian

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Video Nasty posted:

:five:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

rotor posted:

one time me & my friend craig were tryin to figure out how to say “mister fancypants” in spanish and neither of us spoke spanish and we settled on “señor bonita pantalones”

lol, i mean yeah that's basically what i did

i'm kinda curious what it actually is though. i tried apple translate just now and it gives you a couple of options for different meanings of the word:

notably, none of which we are looking for. and i figured i'd have similar issues with other online translation things anyway, it's a surprisingly diverse word lol

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

lmao.

with software you discount it because it’s poo poo that nobody wants to buy anymore

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

gizmodo posted:

A TikToker got locked inside of her Tesla Model 3 for 40 minutes in the hot sun while it was installing a software update, and as of this writing her video has over 10.7 million plays after a single day of being online. Before you go jumping to conclusions about her ineptitude, Brianna Janel was actually following the rules laid out by Tesla.

According to the Tesla owner’s manual, “Vehicle functions, including some safety systems and opening or closing the doors or windows, may be limited or disabled when installation is in progress and you could damage the vehicle.” Janel chose to heed Tesla’s warning and did not attempt to open her doors or windows during the installation process for fear of damaging her vehicle, but this seems like a very dangerous oversight on Tesla’s part that she was able to be stuck inside at all.

The door mechanisms on the Tesla Model 3 and Model Y are electrically operated, and under normal circumstances are opened from the inside using a simple button to unlatch the door. Should the vehicle have no power, these models do have auxiliary manual cable release levers also found on the door panel, but Tesla warns against using the manual mechanism, citing that it should only be used when the car has no power. Janel said she was aware of this option but didn’t want to risk damaging her car, and she felt confident that she could stick out the heat.
Janel said her car estimated the install would only take 24 minutes, but it actually took 40 minutes, which was long enough for her car’s interior to reach 115 degrees. In a follow-up video, her caption states that she was afraid to mess up her car by getting out during the installation. She claims to have owned a Tesla for six years, and she said she will continue to own her car for many years, despite this experience.
lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
it is absolutely incredible how many "still love the car, though" stories there are. what is wrong with these people

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i had to drive an ancient gmc truck w/ no a/c in vegas and the thermometer i had was already inching past 110°F inside with the windows down, and that was miserable enough. just lol that some fuckhead would sit in their car because "but what if i break it" like poo poo man you're gonna give yourself heat stroke

full self-dehydrating

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

guess forcing everyone to take a FSD demo drive with a sales rep before they can pick up their vehicle didn't work out so well

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

"Janel chose to heed Tesla’s warning and did not attempt to open her doors or windows during the installation process for fear of damaging her vehicle,"

comedy option the doors and windows worked fine for the entire firmware update and this is the first time a tiktoker has over-interpreted the poorly drafted boilerplate firmware update instructions

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Video Nasty posted:

lmaoooo

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

shackleford posted:

"Janel chose to heed Tesla’s warning and did not attempt to open her doors or windows during the installation process for fear of damaging her vehicle,"

comedy option the doors and windows worked fine for the entire firmware update and this is the first time a tiktoker has over-interpreted the poorly drafted boilerplate firmware update instructions

the problem is that the windows need to roll down a bit to open the door and while it's updating they can't do that

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Elder Postsman posted:

the problem is that the windows need to roll down a bit to open the door and while it's updating they can't do that

oh man that last one

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Beeftweeter posted:

oh man that last one

It's why Musk must be ended.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oh that lawyer who obliterated elon is now going after the entire right wing ecosystem for claiming a mass shooting committed by an extremely online incel Nazi named Mauricio Garcia was, in fact, committed by some random guy named Mauricio Garcia who is not a Nazi

https://x.com/BankstonAtLaw/status/1778814093001896183

https://twitter.com/BankstonAtLaw/status/1778814118796955712

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Beeftweeter posted:

lol, i mean yeah that's basically what i did

i'm kinda curious what it actually is though. i tried apple translate just now and it gives you a couple of options for different meanings of the word:

notably, none of which we are looking for. and i figured i'd have similar issues with other online translation things anyway, it's a surprisingly diverse word lol

see? it's google so it has to be right

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Roosevelt posted:

see? it's google so it has to be right

yeah but which meaning of "post" does that translate to? like, i went with a translation of "publication" specifically because i figured if i used a translation tool there was a pretty significant chance it'd use the wrong "post" and then it'd be obvious i used a translation tool, lol

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Luigi Thirty posted:

Remember when Elon was spouting a bunch of bullshit about how FSD was only going to get more and more expensive as it got better and better, so you'd better BUY NOW while it was cheap?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Luigi Thirty posted:

oh that lawyer who obliterated elon is now going after the entire right wing ecosystem for claiming a mass shooting committed by an extremely online incel Nazi named Mauricio Garcia was, in fact, committed by some random guy named Mauricio Garcia who is not a Nazi

https://x.com/BankstonAtLaw/status/1778814093001896183

https://twitter.com/BankstonAtLaw/status/1778814118796955712

he also obliberated alex jones lmbo

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

that mentally challenged (sorry idk if that’s the right phrase) child being allowed to drive is pretty grim.

like it is the us and you practically need a car to live anywhere but dense inner cores, but yikes. i’d like to think i wouldn’t let my son drive if he pulled that poo poo, mental abilities or not.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i can’t decide if she actually has intellectual disabilities or if she has like adhd

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Video Nasty posted:

thank you for doing the needful.

weird how that 50% price cut also includes a modifier to the name FSD that is now supervised for some reason. Surely that cant be right. its FULL SELF DRIVING

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1778881361249800203

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

mediaphage posted:

i can’t decide if she actually has intellectual disabilities or if she has like adhd

does adhd make you want to merge 3 lanes at once?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

if your adhd does make you do stuff like that, it's certainly a mental disability, just not an intellectual one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

refleks posted:

thank you for doing the needful.

weird how that 50% price cut also includes a modifier to the name FSD that is now supervised for some reason. Surely that cant be right. its FULL SELF DRIVING

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1778881361249800203

ah but you see the robotaxi will be actually full self-driving, any day now