Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Actually I never explained it too but i will probably tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Moatillata posted:

Wow this is actually a great point because toal never explained why he voted hum as I did and I wanted to know his reasoning be he never gave it up. Great catch I think toal is a good choice

##vote toal

please refer to the OP for people's pronouns

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

dmboogie posted:

please refer to the OP for people's pronouns

You're not my dad

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Moatillata posted:

You're not my dad

##vote moat

gently caress off with that please

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

dmboogie posted:

##vote moat

gently caress off with that please

Yeah never

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Moatillata posted:

Yeah never

Somberbrero posted:

The rules of Mafia, so far as I remember them, are as follows.

I. Don't be a dick. If someone asks you to chill out, please chill out. This is Fun. We're having Fun.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Don't.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

:cheers:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Somberbrero posted:

I. Don't be a dick. If someone asks you to chill out, please chill out. This is Fun. We're having Fun.

Independent of anything else I would like to remind everyone to please be respectful of the people you are playing with. I do not make these kind of statements lightly.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Somberbrero posted:

Independent of anything else I would like to remind everyone to please be respectful of the people you are playing with. I do not make these kind of statements lightly.

:cheers:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Initial thoughts:

Hot drat, a second non-town dead already

Post-Initial thoughts:

Goddamnit, multiple scum/nontown teams. I'm going to have to revise all my day 1 reads ugh.

Post-post-initial thoughts:

Going to go do exactly that before I do much of anything else. I had a few reads that bothered me but didn't make sense on a scumteam with hum, but now that we've got 2 flips with 2 different non-town alignments...

Also, you can double mark somebody, huh.

Kind of tempted to mark RF again just to see if he explodes from having too many marks on him or something but jokes aside, I will hold off for now.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

Initial thoughts:

Post-Initial thoughts:

Goddamnit, multiple scum/nontown teams. I'm going to have to revise all my day 1 reads ugh.

Going to go do exactly that before I do much of anything else. I had a few reads that bothered me but didn't make sense on a scumteam with hum, but now that we've got 2 flips with 2 different non-town alignments...

Kind of tempted to mark RF as well just to see if he explodes from having too many marks on him or something but jokes aside, I will hold off for now.

maf edit

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

Initial thoughts:

Post-Initial thoughts:

Kind of tempted to mark RF again just to see if he explodes from having too many marks on him or something but jokes aside, I will hold off for now.

maf edit for the maf edit because I am dumb as a brick

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

oh ffs why am I so bad at this.

mark them AS WEL why am I so bad at posting

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Got around to rereading circlmastr.

One thing I noticed is that they never actually voted Hum (they voiced suspicion twice):

CirclMastr posted:

I'm here and I'm trying to process.

Still don't like Sandwolf's claim. Don't like Hum's defensiveness. Don't like Kash's reasoning on mark roles. I'd be fine lunching any of the three but it looks like it'll come down to either Sandwolf or Hum.

CirclMastr posted:

I'm inclined to switch to voting Hum but I also don't know etiquette about vote swings close to deadline and their appropriateness. So for now

##unvote

But never actually voted them. These posts are roughly half an hour apart, so the second one seems strangely self conscious to me. "Oh no, voting close to deadline? That'd be suspicious!"

It may just be a gut feeling but I found it a bit strange that they never interacted with grandicap at all and then had this slight bit of weirdness around Hum.

Doesn't quite feel voteworthy to me yet but I did want to throw that out there to hear what people think.

With a third mark showing up, I'm also starting to have an idle thought that maybe each alignment has a marker each... but that's neither here nor there.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Moat do you have any thoughts on the grandicap flip?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I still want to lean moat or toalpaz but they both voted for humalong.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Toalpaz posted:

Moat do you have any thoughts on the grandicap flip?

Yes

Upon re read his play looks like a SK to me

His votes are on Hum, you and circl

He goes after you p hard then drops it and dives into sandwolf. He votes circl once then really doesn't talk about him again. Then goes after sandwolf again. His vote stays there until hammer

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Inf, when you have the time can you tell me your thoughts on Kash

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

really feel like this case was rehearsed in scumchat multiple times.

Emptyquote

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I also think RF hasn't checked in yet because he's shooketh

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Toalpaz posted:

I also think RF hasn't checked in yet because he's shooketh

From my experience he posts very little and when he does it is extremely scummily

That being said, I don't think he's a bad vote there's just other stuff I would like to resolve during this day

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Or he just woke up. Most of the votes in me are v lazy do better.

I'm going to relook at yesterdays interactions but I expect I'll still be voting Toalpaz.

I feel a lot better about Sandwolf today

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also moat what the gently caress was that, don't do that, even if it's joking it's not funny

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

And nobody should feel very good about the hum kill. Just because the last minute change worked this time doesn't mean it's not stupid as hell. I have years of documented rants about this

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Moatillata posted:

Inf, when you have the time can you tell me your thoughts on Kash

I am currently of 2 minds on Kash, but if asked on a position I would be leaning town slightly.
He has a brusque playstyle, but on a reread doesn't come across as particularly scummy to me at a gutread level.

I am also happy with my vote on yourself, but would also be OK with a Circlmastr vote.

The reason I am voting you is I did not like how you read tonally at the end of D1, and you were extremely apathetic about lynching a claimed protective role.

Moatillata posted:

I'm back and now fat and sassy

I would like to see hum or sandwolf die

Prefer sandwolf at this point but will switch to hum to avoid a NL

It comes across as "Just lynch someone, I don't care who", which to me reads as scum not caring who we lynch.
Town would be more interested in lynching correctly, regardless of the fact it was D1.

Moatillata posted:

Since you're here what's your flavor?

Also not sure why flavour was important to you on Sandwolf's claim, and gives me the impression that you're searching for a specific name to nightkill.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Infinitum posted:

I am currently of 2 minds on Kash, but if asked on a position I would be leaning town slightly.
He has a brusque playstyle, but on a reread doesn't come across as particularly scummy to me at a gutread level.

I am also happy with my vote on yourself, but would also be OK with a Circlmastr vote.

The reason I am voting you is I did not like how you read tonally at the end of D1, and you were extremely apathetic about lynching a claimed protective role.

It comes across as "Just lynch someone, I don't care who", which to me reads as scum not caring who we lynch.
Town would be more interested in lynching correctly, regardless of the fact it was D1.

Also not sure why flavour was important to you on Sandwolf's claim, and gives me the impression that you're searching for a specific name to nightkill.

You lean town after a reread just now? How did you feel about him at the end of d1 is more my question

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also I may be a bit biased but I think your case and vote on me are p lame

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

And nobody should feel very good about the hum kill. Just because the last minute change worked this time doesn't mean it's not stupid as hell. I have years of documented rants about this

I don't need an extended rant, but out of curiosity why do you feel the hum kill wasn't 'good'?

Would you have preferred we have lynched a claimed protective role D1?

ilmucche posted:

I still want to lean moat or toalpaz but they both voted for humalong.

Also more Mafia Dadding for the newbie before I head to bed: Scum throw shade/votes at their teammates in a term called 'bussing'
It allows them to build 'town cred' and blend in with the crowd.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I also find it pretty hard to believe that we have three markers and none of them know how their power works, I'm ok with circl today to see a flip

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

Got around to rereading circlmastr.

One thing I noticed is that they never actually voted Hum (they voiced suspicion twice):

But never actually voted them. These posts are roughly half an hour apart, so the second one seems strangely self conscious to me. "Oh no, voting close to deadline? That'd be suspicious!"

It may just be a gut feeling but I found it a bit strange that they never interacted with grandicap at all and then had this slight bit of weirdness around Hum.

Doesn't quite feel voteworthy to me yet but I did want to throw that out there to hear what people think.

There were enough people and votes around that it wasn't going to be a case of "either we lunch Hum or no-lunch" and I wanted to give ample time to discuss. I also didn't want to put the total votes so high that scum could jump in and windmill slam the hammer down. The fact that the hammer did kinda get windmill slammed (I haven't checked actual timestamps on posts but I remember certainly feeling like the last couple votes came in a rush) leads me to suspect that there are two scum teams and not scum + 3P.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Infinitum posted:

I don't need an extended rant, but out of curiosity why do you feel the hum kill wasn't 'good'?

There's a big habit in this community of doing nothing all day, slowly building momentum on legitimate cases, and then all of a sudden a few hours to deadline there's a flurry of activity and everyone pivots to someone new, and it rarely works out.

Secondly, it tends to not be good to kill scum D1. I know that seems counterintuitive, but look at what we learned yesterday; not much. We have no history or solid interactions with hum to look at, whereas if Sandwolf died and flipped town at least we could look at the people voting him and catch a few there. That's also why I don't like the last minute switch, regardless of who it kills it throws out a solid day of work from everyone and at best puts us back at square one the next day.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Moatillata posted:

You lean town after a reread just now? How did you feel about him at the end of d1 is more my question

Same answer. Nothing in his 3 posts D2 has persuaded me otherwise.

Moatillata posted:

Also I may be a bit biased but I think your case and vote on me are p lame

You seem intently focused on Kashuno and I for some reasaon D2.

Moatillata posted:

I would like inf to check in too

Why were you interested in what I had to say D2?

If you're accusing me of something or are wanting me to answer one of your questions, I'd like you to be direct about it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

There's a big habit in this community of doing nothing all day, slowly building momentum on legitimate cases, and then all of a sudden a few hours to deadline there's a flurry of activity and everyone pivots to someone new, and it rarely works out.

Secondly, it tends to not be good to kill scum D1. I know that seems counterintuitive, but look at what we learned yesterday; not much. We have no history or solid interactions with hum to look at, whereas if Sandwolf died and flipped town at least we could look at the people voting him and catch a few there. That's also why I don't like the last minute switch, regardless of who it kills it throws out a solid day of work from everyone and at best puts us back at square one the next day.

While I 100% agree with you on hating the ever living gently caress out of waiting until 5min until deadline to hammer every single time, I think it's unfair to suggest there's no data to digest from the switch.

I'm currently voting Moat based on their interactions at the end of D1

Retro Futurist posted:

I also find it pretty hard to believe that we have three markers and none of them know how their power works, I'm ok with circl today to see a flip

As I said above I'd be ok with Circl for a flip, but I'd prefer Moat; which is where my casing is focused atm.
The reasoning as you've stated is where I'm at, and I feel out of the claimed Marker roles Circl pings my gut the hardest.

The marks being an unquantifiable factor isn't great news for town, and I feel one of them isn't revealing all of the info about the role.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Moatillata posted:

Kash how you feeling?

I'm confused by this. I'm completely fine afaik!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

I probably won't bother voting anyone besides RF today, but here's what else I've noticed looking back in light of the flips:

Moat and Toal had some early interactions with Hum that could be scum banter or bussing. Toal is especially interesting since they did cast the first serious vote of the game on Hum, which would be great for cred, but it was notably made on gut alone and thus extremely easy to drop and forget once anything else at all came along.

Grandi didn't have anything that similarly pinged me as much in jokephase though.

Moving on to more serious-looking posts, Hum threw some shade on dmboogie that felt more real to me, since it came right after boogie was marked due to other suspicions on him:

That seems like a dangerous time to be throwing around a bus vote, so I'm reading boogie as unlikely to be one of Hum's scumbros. Humbros?

Grandi was clearly pushing on Toal and Sandwolf so they seem legit not on the same team. But this list from Grandi was less forceful:

This is so vague and such an afterthought after more meaty talk about others, it could be a quick bit of distancing on Inf.

tl;dr:
* Toal and Moat potential Humbros
* dmboogie probably not a Humbro
* Sandwolf and Toal unlikely to be on Team Grandi
* Infinitum potential member of Team Grandi
* Team Grandi needs a better pun name

this post really reads to me as someone who is sure of things they shouldn't be sure of based on the state of the game at this time and is really pinging me a lot. Bif was a gut scum read for me yesterday although I had nothing to really back it up so I didn't talk about it, but this post just feels like it's a big post to say nothing, while also putting forth a bit too much info as solid when it isn't and I'm gonna ##vote Bif for now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Same answer. Nothing in his 3 posts D2 has persuaded me otherwise.

You seem intently focused on Kashuno and I for some reasaon D2.

Why were you interested in what I had to say D2?

If you're accusing me of something or are wanting me to answer one of your questions, I'd like you to be direct about it.

:emptyquote:

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Kashuno posted:

I'm confused by this. I'm completely fine afaik!

Just gonna go with it since by his posting I'm p sure he's not a cop or doc

Inf visited you last night.

Im guessing he rolecopped you

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Let the

night action mafiatm

Begin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf