Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

lets nuke delaware

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

tinker, tailor. soldier

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

angerbeet posted:

It was weird when the Senate decided Prez Biden gets to smell everyone's hair but that's democracy for you

please report to the dmv for mandatory shoulder rubs and hair sniffing

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
:yosnice:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

emfive posted:

He'd find lots of common ground, and the common ground would be covered with poo poo that's on fire and radioactive

So, Florida?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

shovelbum posted:

I'm amazed at how many ppl seem to crave video content, just gently caress around online with a YouTube window open

YouTube content is almost universally terrible

Serf
May 5, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

no this is accurate in all polling.

biden's support is primarily older

hey polls getting it right by accident is great!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Biden with a gop senate would be indistinguishable from W Bush

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Listening to the BBC interview a bunch of chuddy Brazilian farmers and now I'm cool with banning gold mining and forcibly taking away Brazilian sovereignty.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:bernpop:

Serf
May 5, 2011

euphronius posted:

Biden with a gop senate would be indistinguishable from W Bush

we would lose social security lol

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Schnorkles posted:

no this is accurate in all polling.

biden's support is primarily older

I saw you putting Monmouths poll in your mouth on twitter

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano/status/1166502663103451136

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/BillKarins/status/1166736272716701696?s=20

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

insert that dnc singing gif here

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Maybe it's just me but having 15 presidents doesn't seem like a good idea

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Mayor Dave posted:

I saw you putting Monmouths poll in your mouth on twitter

you've gotten very fiesty lately mayor dave are you out of political capital??? fighting with the city council??

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Let's keep Medicare exactly the way it is, and everyone that's too young for it gets UHC. Don't want to mess with the olds' plans and spook them.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Schnorkles posted:

you've gotten very fiesty lately mayor dave are you out of political capital??? fighting with the city council??

I'm term limited

Serf
May 5, 2011

Knight posted:

Let's keep Medicare exactly the way it is, and everyone that's too young for it gets UHC. Don't want to mess with the olds' plans and spook them.

pissing off the olds by giving them dental and vision

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Bethamphetamine posted:

I'm seeing $40 for casual birdwatchers, and $500 for decent parabolic audio recorders. But even the high end Amazon stuff doesn't have reviews for very loud and chaotic protests. There's probably a reason there aren't people using them for this purpose.

Yea, I have no experience with parabolics, I'm not sure what the "industry standard" is. With shotguns, I would expect to spend $1000+ to get something that might hone in on a conversation 50ft away through a crowd. It's way harder to make a real directional microphone capsule than a normal one, and my guess is a lot of affordable parabolics are just a normal mic and use only the dish for the directionality.

If you wanted to use one you would probably want to be in a parking deck or something aiming it down at targets.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

trump

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bethamphetamine posted:

I'm seeing $40 for casual birdwatchers, and $500 for decent parabolic audio recorders. But even the high end Amazon stuff doesn't have reviews for very loud and chaotic protests. There's probably a reason there aren't people using them for this purpose.

if I could make one suggestion, do NOT show up to a rally with soemthing that looks like the $40 model:

https://www.amazon.com/CampCo-Uzi-O...R8WZY87SHMQA9GE

Here's a youtube review for a $250 parabolic mic, Cheesycam does decent product reviews:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYnMidUIQlg
https://www.amazon.com/Sound-Shark-SS1-Long-Range-Microphone/dp/B01BTBFSE6?ref_=ast_bbp_dp
You can see him testing it with a speaker on the other end of the room and I guess it works but I don't know if I'd call that bionic super hearing

And from the $500 Sound Shark listing:
This kit includes a custom lapel microphone built by Countryman Associates specifically for this product (with XLR connector), and wind cover to reduce wind noise even more than normal.

bring back old gbs has issued a correction as of 16:55 on Aug 28, 2019

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
problem with parabolic microphones is if someone happens to walk by and fart at just the right angle it'll blow your eardrums out

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

fwiw, and no i have no way to prove how i know this and i'm just gonna get lol'd outta here but whatever

obama has had off the record sit down meetings with some well known journos and basically told them in no uncertain terms "don't let biden get the nom"

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

pancake rabbit posted:

fwiw, and no i have no way to prove how i know this and i'm just gonna get lol'd outta here but whatever

obama has had off the record sit down meetings with some well known journos and basically told them in no uncertain terms "don't let biden get the nom"

trump???

ross perot in hell
Jul 9, 2019

by VideoGames
Trucmbpb

ross perot in hell
Jul 9, 2019

by VideoGames

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

pancake rabbit posted:

cool cool

Serf
May 5, 2011

pancake rabbit posted:

we already know he begged biden not to run and that biden was picked as vp partly because he was seen as too old to run in 2016

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/1166515917158678528

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

thanks Obama

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

push for cheese

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Obama, to journos: "Oh please don't let Biden win!"

Journos, looking down: "Lol get hosed Obama."

ross perot in hell
Jul 9, 2019

by VideoGames

Admiral Ray posted:

problem with parabolic microphones is if someone happens to walk by and fart at just the right angle it'll blow your eardrums out

"problem"

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

If obama doesn't want biden to win then why the gently caress doesn't he announce it? loving punk rear end coward.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/_lizharvey/status/1166741110015836160

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Biden beating Trump terrifies C-SPAM more than any other outcome because it would be proof that none of this had anything to do with a rejection of centrism.

a centrist won in 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

(donald j trump)