Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Felonious_Monk
Oct 26, 2008

Slanderer posted:

It seems dumb not to route the roads around it, but there is absolutely nothing unusual about that rail crossover as far as I know.

I'm imagining a big figure-8 of track, like an old hot wheels kit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Slanderer posted:

It seems dumb not to route the roads around it, but there is absolutely nothing unusual about that rail crossover as far as I know.

Looks like the track running towards the top of the pic is rarely used anyway.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, it might be one of those industrial tracks going to a single factory plant, bringing supplies/getting stuff once a week or once a month. Train drivers know to go at walking speed in places like that.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhtFPWK_pyM

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I thought you cared if the poo poo you posted had deaths in it?

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010

KoRMaK posted:

The pilot walks away?

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

KoRMaK posted:

Look at this moron.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Some of the Sheep posted:

Look at this moron.

I'm a big dumb dumb. Faith Restored, Say Nothing.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

BlancoNino posted:

The pilot walks away?

But the helicopter didn't :(

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sometimes, violent death would be a good thing.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

Say Nothing posted:

If I was watching Beiber walking towards a plate glass window, I wouldn't call out a warning either.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

PT6A posted:

Why the gently caress would you build a blind crossing with no lights? That's just asking for trouble.

Welcome to rural northern Minnesota. There are tons of them.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

I do this all of the time. :smith:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

wh...

why do you put the bottle cap in your mouth?

How does that even work. Do you open it with your teeth and then suck the cap into your mouth and then drink around the cap?

WHY

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Leperflesh posted:

wh...

How does that even work. Do you open it with your teeth and then suck the cap into your mouth and then drink around the cap?

WHY

How else are you going to shoot them at your friends?

PS: I am that guy who would choke on a bottlecap.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Leperflesh posted:

wh...

WHY

Water bottle caps are like free gum with every water bottle!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
These are the people those stupid safety warnings are aimed at.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Say Nothing posted:

These are the people those stupid safety warnings are aimed at.

I'll assume this is real, and go on to hope that this person is sterile. Burn this earth, salt the ashes.

MutantBlue
Jun 8, 2001

It's okay, he's wearing hearing protection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osv7HUW7Dic

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Was there a Watch For Falling Rocks sign?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Was there a Watch For Falling Rocks sign?

This is maybe my second favourite sign acter the "frogs!" sign or whatever it is because what the gently caress am I supposed to do if a rock falls on me or so close to me i can't brake and how has the sign helped? There might as well be signs every 500m saying "Warning: possible hazards".

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Actually, when a debris flow begins, often it's just a few rocks or a slumping at the bottom of the flow, followed seconds later by a much larger flow. If you're alert for it you might see the beginnings of a flow ahead of you on the road, and come to a stop before you drive right into a major rockslide.

Also it's a useful alert that there may be random rocks in the road, although that really should be "watch for rocks" instead of "watch for falling rocks".

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The sign usually says 'Watch for falling rock' around where I am.

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

So wait those signs aren't just code for "speed the gently caress up and get out of this death zone as fast as possible"?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

This is maybe my second favourite sign acter the "frogs!" sign or whatever it is because what the gently caress am I supposed to do if a rock falls on me or so close to me i can't brake and how has the sign helped? There might as well be signs every 500m saying "Warning: possible hazards".

It's so when you get killed by the aggro crag your family can't sue because it's your own drat fault.

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

I'm not an angel - I'm a Galactic Pioneer.

chitoryu12 posted:

In train talk, the Orlando metropolitan area opened SunRail (its first commuter rail smaller than Amtrak) last May. They've forced freight to travel on the tracks in the very late night and early morning when SunRail isn't operating to keep the system unclogged, but it means that there's now a ton of rail traffic that didn't used to exist.

Being Florida, this inevitably means a flurry of accidents. Virtually every accident has been attributed to the driver getting impatient and trying to go around the gates, getting stuck or moving too slow, and getting struck by a train. Our drivers literally cannot handle regular train traffic.

That said, there is apparently one crossing down south where the gate has opened up early and drivers are too dumb to look to see if a train is coming before roaring across. While most people would find the idea of looking before you cross every time a bit laughable, I should point out that this crossing is literally next to the train station. You can see the big white and yellow train parked there before you even cross.

How do you mention this in the OSHA thread and not mention that the same people who cannot avoid being hit by trains have decided that the horns are too loud and should not be used at grade crossings?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-sidebar-orlando-sunrail-train-noise-20150405-story.html

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Say Nothing posted:

There are like 10 different clips of this guy walking into window/doors because he was messing with his hair.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Falling rocks means look around you. It's not like the rock is going to noclip into you in real life.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bondematt posted:

How else are you going to shoot them at your friends?

PS: I am that guy who would choke on a bottlecap.

A friend of mine from high school managed to swallow a bottle cap by accident after loving around with it in his mouth for no reason, he immediately went to the cafeteria bathroom and barfed it up because he knew things would get pretty serious pretty fast if he didn't/couldn't.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Philthy posted:

There are like 10 different clips of this guy walking into window/doors because he was messing with his hair.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Imagine how much they must be paying his bodyguards to resist plugging that little poo poo.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
'Helicopter Ground Resonance'.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Those helicopters know how to loving party.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Go to 2:44 for a great way to shift earth movers quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rf0Eo09ETU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Say Nothing posted:

'Helicopter Ground Resonance'.

See, this is what happens when you throw a helicopter into reverse.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
country osha.jpg:

bonus asbestos roof:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

hackbunny posted:

country osha.jpg:

bonus asbestos roof:

Wait that stuff is corrugated asbestos? gently caress, now my country childhood poking round abandoned farm buildings seems a lot more concerning.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
I just see wood, stone, metal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Well asbestos is a rock.

• Locked thread